Reviews for Suspects and Subjects
hama431 chapter 1 . 6/14/2015
Update chapter three please
For part three, I think you should make yami come back and kidnap yugi while atemu is at work
Yami could try to mate yugi and make him his
Yami could bring yugi to home
Yugi could surrender to yami and atemu is trying to find yugi
Grace chapter 1 . 5/8/2015
BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER TO READ THIS AGAIN and YAAAAAAAY I FOUND IT _
jj chapter 2 . 4/6/2015
read it again and still love it
YuugiYY chapter 2 . 3/27/2015
I just thought of an idea for a possible next chapter. Atemu starts thinking about adopting, but knows he and Yuugi would be horrible parents to younger kids, so wants to adopt an older kid(say, like, 13 or so?) and the chapter basically describes how life is after adopting how the US gov found Yami, but since he attacked them, they killed him and the body was stolen before any of their scientists could experiment on the body. Just, like, describing what a day in their life is like. Like Yuugi talking with the wives, Atemu leaving, Atemu coming back, so on and so forth.
hama431 chapter 2 . 2/16/2015
is there a sequel
will yugi and atemu meet yami again
what will happen to yugi and atemu
will yami find yugi again
Panruru chapter 2 . 11/4/2014
Great story! I'll definitely have to check out the movie you mentioned. It probably says unflattering things about me that I skimmed through the Atemu/Yuugi sex scene and hung on every word of the corresponding Yami/Yuugi scene...

I disagree with some of the comments you made on the end; first of all, I think you're not giving Yami enough credit: a creature intelligent enough to learn English at that speed and with that level of comprehension is probably intelligent enough to find a way to cross an ocean. Yami seems quite self aware, so I imagine that when he's older he'll want to know why he was created and go looking for answers. Also, for the rest of his life he'll probably feeling a longing to return to simpler, happier times so I suspect he'll end up feeling compelled to seek out Yuugi for that and other reasons.

I don't think Yami's actions at the end can all be blamed on his animal instincts; or rather, the reasons behind them can't. Yami seems to have a classic Oedipal complex; ie, he wants to kill his father and marry his mother. Atemu's words when he teased young Yami about how they would trade places when Atemu grew old was great forshadowing for that, btw. If Subject 13 had been female she probably would have been much more docile around Atemu since women tend to feel compelled to seek approval from father figures, especially aloof ones like him.

If this were a movie I think the sequel would involve Yuugi and Atemu unexpectedly falling into a trap set by Yami - for instance, I don't know, they're invited to a legitimate event on a small tropical island, a - a mobster convention or something, I don't know, maybe they're on vacation? I am not a screenwriter. Anyway, people start mysteriously disappearing and some other weird shit starts happening and eventually Yuugi catches on to the foreshadowing and starts babbling about Yami being responsible for the disappearances. And Atemu's all like "no, that's impossible, I'm kind of a huge douche" and Yuugi's all like "I am freaking out man" so when the next fucked up shit thing happens Atemu gives in and they decide to leave the island, only to find that - gasp! - the planes have been mysteriously exploded or something. Eventually Yami kills everyone except Yuugi and Atemu, even the guys who shockingly turned out to be working for him all along. Yami straps his estranged parents to lab tables and uses some sorta Stephen Hawking setup to ask them the questions that have been burning inside of him for the past several years. "Why was I created?" "What did you plan to do with me?" "Did you ever really love me, Mama?" I can't say what exactly would happen from there, there've gotta be some twists, but hopefully there would be more Yami/Yuugi rape scenes because I'm disturbingly into that.

I don't think the speed with which Yami aged necessarily suggests that he'll have a short lifetime. Many animals mature quickly as a survival mechanism but still live long lives after reaching adulthood. I imagine that Yami's lifespan will be as long as it needs to be for storytelling purposes.

If the sequel were of a more apocalyptic nature, Yami would predictably prove to be capable of self replication like the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park. Or he could take after Mommy and Daddy and build himself a lab somehow with those stubby fingers in which to continue their work. He'd breed a growing army of Subject 13's and try to take over the planet, forcing Yuugi and Atemu to become refugees and eventually join the resistance. Or run from the resistance, should the resistance decide that Yuugi and Atemu would make better scapegoats than freedom fighters. Either way, I probably wouldn't watch it.
Digidestined fangirl chapter 2 . 6/6/2014
In the story, Yami is smart but nonverbal. Maybe part 3 could be his views from when he was young and on until after he escapes. Just a thought, love the story.
dawn chase chapter 2 . 3/20/2014
This sounds like something off the movie of Splice, but I really liked it. I would love if you did a second story on this story. It would be so awesome. For part 3, you could always right about Yami's adventures after the incident and write about whether or not Atemu will ever capture Yami. As for ideas, I think it would be interesting for Yami to somehow revert to the point he could actually pass off as a human and go looking for Yugi. Of course, I believe that would kind of cross over to the realm of pure science fiction/magic so I don't know if you would want to do that.
CrimsonStrawberry17 chapter 2 . 2/1/2014
This is very good. I absolutely loved baby Yami.

A plot for Part 3 could be something like Yami being captured by an illicit group of scientists who use his DNA to create a new batch of offspring, which turn out to be a lot more intelligent and dangerous than they can handle. They might also even have the ability to speak the human language, along with understanding Yami.
Strikesnake chapter 2 . 11/29/2013
very different, very interesting.
Honestly, you could replace the names and not call it a Yu-Gi-Oh story, but i really did enjoy reading it, so thank you and well done.
(although as a Biochemistry student, i can scientifically pick out some issues... bah fiction, who cares?)
shadenkira chapter 2 . 11/20/2013
why dont you do what the did in twilight with renesmee the hybrid vampire. After about 7yrs after her birth she is a full grown adult. Maybe it could be the same way with yami and you can bring him back into part 3? (twilight reference-yes i know some of you guies dont like it but that's what it sounded like 2 me)
Mana's Madness chapter 2 . 10/24/2013
Wow, until the ending which suddenly became really dark, this was a cute story. Surprising how you did the transition from adorable to... Well, yeah. Very interesting fic, and poor Yuugi... Hmm, I wonder what happened to Yami in the end...
Genevieve chapter 2 . 5/17/2013
That was brilliant!
I loved the way you wrote this. It kinda sems more clear - cut and realistic from the science point of view and the general language. You mentioned that you're stuck for ideas. Well, what I'd do is, opposed to staring cross-eyed at the screen, I kind of zone out and let my mind wander and then write down whatever comes to my head. Once there's something of a general plot, I'd then tidy it up and add to it.
I hope this helps you out. Slán (Bye)
4EverReading18 chapter 2 . 5/17/2013
Perhaps a good Part 3 would be to write from Yami's point of view from when he challenges Atem and continue from there after he escapes. Maybe even have him come across a "female" that looks remarkably like his "mama" (aka Hebi).
jj chapter 2 . 5/8/2013
ok this is one of my most favoity creepy stories and probably as close as im willing to get to horror
but i do have a suggestion about part three. Have atem be contacted by the thief king alfia and take yugi with him to meet bakura (created like or the offspring of yami) in ryous labrotory
Im sure you can fill in the rest