Reviews for Clad in Red
hisnhers chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
lol! too funny. poor Severus.

SelenaQuintanillaLOVER chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hehehe too funny!
Schermionie chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
-giggles- Wonderful! I love fics about the teachers, especially ones which portray a grudging love/hate relationship between Severus and Minerva. In my head!canon they bet on Quidditch matches, so I liked to see the idea used here. The bet itself is hilarious, not *too* cruel but certainly amusing, especially when inflicted on Severus, whose colour is not red, as he says:

'Red was not his color. Black was his color…. Nothing else.'

xD Love it.

I like how you have them refer to Hermione - Minerva by her first name, Severus by her last. It speaks of their differing relationships with her and also makes it seem more like a private moment, since Minerva would usually call Hermione 'Miss Granger' around students. The naming there is spot-on, I think.

However, I don't know whether I can imagine "Minnie" ever coming out of Severus Snape's lips, nor can I imagine Minerva appreciating that from him. However, this it seems is just a difference in how we would characterise them, and as this is a humour fic, there's more leeway with these things. Actually, the outrageousness of the nickname does bring a smile to my face, when I reconsider it. :)

One thing I will say is that I think you do a better job of capturing Snape's voice here than you do Minerva's. The characterisation isn't precise for either of them, but I don't think Minerva sounds like herself at any moment, for example I could never see her saying 'anyways'. It's... very young, very casual, and simply doesn't align with how she speaks. I don't feel that her odd speech patterns add to the humour, either, because for me there's already humour in the way she expresses herself in canon - though these are very subjective things, of course! I certainly love her smug expression.

Mostly, your grammar is excellent, but there are a few mistakes, at least one of those a recurring error. They aren't particularly intrusive, but I can point them out to you in a PM, if you'd like?

Otherwise, I've no criticism I could give you. As I said, this is wonderful. The shortness and the simplicity of the premise keeps it focused, making it funnier; their quarrelling at the beginning is very amusing and nice to read, and I *adore* this line:

'Dumbledore started clapping. "Excellent show of good spirits Severus," he said as he took his seat.'

No matter how many times I read it, it doesn't stop being brilliant: in-character and hilarious.

Thanks for entering my challenge!