Reviews for District 12
feelingshortofstable chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
I have serious chills over here. This is amazing. Inspiring even. I don't have words. You have words, you have all the words with this.
Doc.amaro chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
This is an absolutely beautiful heart wrenching story. Are you from South Africa? Loved all the details! Truly extraordinary story telling.
carla304 chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Wow. This is such a lovely story. And so sad, I cried my eyes out. Your writing is wonderful, and I'm so glad I stumbled across this by chance. As someone who lives in South Africa, and having been brought up hearing about the struggles, I've often thought of the parallels between our Apartheid years and the situation in Panem. I've always wanted to find something like this, but never imagined it would be so perfect :) what gave you the idea, if you don't mind me asking? Are you also from SA or into history? Just curious :)
AyYouFiction chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Your story made me cry. This is high praise from me, really. The most a story can do is break my heart enough to tear up, and that happens maybe once out of ten stories. I wanted them to have their happy ending so badly. Romeo and Juliet in apartheid South Africa. Beautiful work.
A ShrinkinG VIOLET GIrL chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
oh..i felt the feeling..so real..
overtheanvilwestretch chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
This is one of the most brilliant pieces of fanfiction I've ever read. Absolutely riveting.
words of magick chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Absolutely brilliant and historically compelling. I love how you managed to take a piece of real history and incorporate it with the Hunger Games. Stunning, thought provoking, and incredibly well written. I loved it.
holmesloafer chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
This story is utterly, truly, most amazing. God, my heart. I've read a couple of your stories, and I can say without hesitation that you are the best HG fanfiction author I've ever come across. Please, please write more.
Opaque chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
This fic really stunned me. The attention to detail, to history and to the characters makes this one of my favorite AUs. I thought South African apartheid was the prefect setting for a Hunger Games comparison. Peeta is even a Dutch name! Fabulous! The characters in the given setting I thought were particularly brilliant; Katniss's distrust, Peeta's chivalry all fantastically well done. I thought Gales role was particular in character and believable. Your attention to accents and the language...I could go on and on. Love this AU. Wonderful piece
MockingjayFlying chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
This was beautiful. As usual you've outdone yourself. This idea and story was brilliant and the ending emotional.
NinjaJacq chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Incredible! So emotional
Prizz chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
So sad. At least in the end they were still together. This made me grateful that I wasn't born in those times when justice is not fair.
guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Oh wow so incredibly heartbreaking. Seriously. So good though, really touching. Poor Peeta and Katniss, they just wanted to be together.
ImBeautifullyHuman chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Oh my God! Tears! Tears! Yet, more tears! You slayed me with this! Nelson Mandela is my hero. I loved this take on K&P. Her fear for their future. His strength and devotion. Pushing Peeta away for his own good. The 'arena' of apartheid. The Romeo & Juliet ending. So much...I just can't even tell you...thank you for this!
Thundarrgirl chapter 1 . 1/26/2013