Reviews for Light in the Dark
ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Update immediately, please!
slytherensangel26 chapter 38 . 3/23/2013
*sniffle* that was beautiful! Thank you so very much for this adventure! I am going to go on to the sequel now! Thanks again!
slytherensangel26 chapter 36 . 3/23/2013
awe! This was an awesome chapter!
slytherensangel26 chapter 35 . 3/23/2013
I loved the moment with Legolas and Sunglee!
slytherensangel26 chapter 27 . 3/23/2013
I love how you handled this chapter. And yes, Legolas sliding down on the shield is one of my favorite moments!
slytherensangel26 chapter 8 . 3/20/2013
another excellent chapter.
slytherensangel26 chapter 3 . 3/20/2013
I'm loving this fic. I must read more!
Poof double poof chapter 38 . 3/14/2013
Hey.. LOVED IT! When sequel?! I think this was AWESOME and you should be very proud of yourself. Thank u for a big of inspiration. The story of sunglee and legolas will always be with me. I must ask a question though- I need ideas. In my story, the companions have Gond into the Fangorn Forrest and have not yet found anyone. PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS I HZVE HAD BAD WRITERS LAG(if that is what it's called) AND CSN THINK OV NO MORE. IM STUCK. DUPER SAD FACE. Slright goodbye. And remember- don't stop writing-EVER!
Your Eva loyal follower
Poof poof xoxo
Seagle87 chapter 38 . 3/8/2013
Great ending ! I loved this story ) Can't wait to get started on the sequel .
Guest chapter 5 . 3/7/2013
So, I haven't gotten far yet, but the ages of Arwen and Sunglee with Aragorn is a little irksome for me. Aelfwine's Preamble (JRR Tolkien, "Morgoth's Ring"), states that elves reach physical maturity between 50 and 100 years (in mind, they mature faster then humans, learning to speak in under a year, etc). Arwen was born in 241 of the 3rd age, the hobbits set out in 3018, so she is 2777 when the "quest" starts. Aragorn was born in 2931, so he is 87 at the start. Arwen is definitely a fully grown woman long before Aragorn is born. Note also, Celebrain sailed in 2510 of the 3rd age, so if Sunglee is the full sister of Arwen and the twins, she would also be a fully grown woman before Aragorn was ever born. Also, Legolas is young for an elf (birth estimates after 1000 TA, although those are guesses only), but he is definitely significantly older than Aragorn (during the book, often makes references to 'traveling with children'), so presumably fully grown by the time Aragorn is born.

Adding characters tends to dilute the story and the history that Tolkien built, and I think doing your research to keep as much consistent as possible (dates, languages (Sunglee is really not a good name for any elf, and particularly not a Noldor), etc) could help alleviate that and help to make your story feel more real in the universe. The appendixes in ROTK as well as the Encyclopedia of Arda (online) are really helpful for that kind of thing.
Arabella Ella chapter 38 . 3/6/2013
Let me just say that this story was beautiful and I'm so glad you wrote a sequel. I'm looking forward to reading it.. In like 30 seconds.(:
Spirits Among Stars chapter 38 . 3/6/2013
Awwwwwwwwww!
Gotta Dance 88 chapter 37 . 3/5/2013
Ah, reunions between family is always so sweet. I also loved the chat between Elrond and Legolas.
Looking forward to the next chapter :)
Guest chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
I love "anorwen"! Interesting idea! But, I am a little confused: Aragorn played with them? You made him an elf?
SmellofRoses chapter 37 . 3/4/2013
As sad as I am that this will soon be over, I really look forward to your sequel! Wonderful writing!