Reviews for slipping
writhen heart .inactive chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Really good.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Oh my gosh, Laura... :'( This was gorgeous. So sad, but so well done. The line "she's crumbling faster than you can build" was the most amazing line in the entire story. Er, poem. Beautiful piece. :)
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
:( so upsetting. what a beautiful Lavevarti (LavParv).
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Merlin, how did I get sso far behind on reviews? Argh!

This was just so terribly sad. And it's completely believable. I think I've started to ship these two, so I totally loved this. They just work so well together.

The way that Parvati tries to tell Lavender that she's beautiful, that she's strong, that she matters is so wonderful. I can totally see Parvati doing that, of her trying to fix her best friend/girlfriend. She does try to fix her.

But Lavender is beyond being fixed. There was nothing that Parvati could have done to save Lavender, no matter how hard she tried. Parvati was just one person telling her that she was beautiful, that her scars didn't matter. It wasn't enough to overshadow other people's words, because their words were the majority, and Parvati words were the minority.

["you hate them for stripping away her confidence, / stripping away her pride"] - Gods, scars have the ability to cause a person to loss their self-confidence and their pride. When you loss that in yourself, it makes it easier for others to tear you down. I know how that works, how painful that is.

["more, so much /more/ than anyone knows"] - This is made me have a Sugarland moment. Lavender was much more than anyone really noticed. She was more than just vain. But Parvati tried to show her that.

["you tell her she is your everything / she spits back, "you don't count"] - This line was just so sad to read. It hurt my heart.

["you tell her she's perfect / beautiful / clever / wonderful / amazing but all she hears, all she feels is alone / broken / foolish / ugly / worthless"] - This is all people who are bullied hear. Some people say nice things, but all they hear are the horrible words that were said before. And even when they hear the nice things, they don't believe them because they can't. They believe mean words quicker than they believe nice words. And it's terribly sad.

["they broke her, and you couldn't put her back together again, no matter how hard you tried"] - Honestly, I had a Humpty Dumpty moment. But it's so symbolic of what happened, and I loved it. It was a great way to end this fic.

This was just heartbreaking and I feel so terrible for Parvati. I think the reason I loved this fic so much is that I identified with with Lavender. Words hurt and sometimes it's not enough to have one person there for you. While I wouldn't commit suicide, I can see why Lavender did.

You're absolutely fantastic and a brilliant writer and I love you so much for writing such wonderful things that have me shipping new pairing. This is wonderful.
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
oh
lll0 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
One of the only things I've ever read that's actually made me want to cry. It was beautiful and lovely and so realistic, you captured both of their pain perfectly.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
This was twisted and beautiful in a strange way...and thanks to my dark humour I got Humphrey Dumphey in my head when I read the last line which caused me to giggle. :)
Being A Wallflower chapter 1 . 1/26/2013

Wow.

...

This was GOOD. No, VERY GOOD. VERRY VERY VERY GOOD. It makes me stop caring about capital letters, and no capital letters is normally my pet hate.

Love love love.

*favourite*
Cheeky Slytherin Lass chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
WHY THE HELL DID YOU JUST BREAK MY HEART LIKE THIS? WHAT'D MY HEART DO TO YOU?!

*cough* I mean to say...

This is beautiful. Flawless. Haunting. Oh my gods, Laura! I love this. Dark!tragic! Parvati/Lavender. Oh, the feels hurt.

You're talented. Amazingly talented. Your words. Good grief. So beautiful.

[you tell her she's perfect
beautiful
clever
wonderful
amazing
more, so much more than
anyone knows
but all she hears, all she feels
is alone
broken
foolish
ugly
worthless
like she matters less, so much
less than anyone else