Reviews for It's Almost Shakespearean
twoshotsofvodka chapter 5 . 22h ago
this was hilarious and cute and hot, A for top!kyle

also i lost my shit when kenny unknowingly picked the state flower, because that is exactly what he'd do and say lol
bigal1997 chapter 3 . 7/25/2013
All of this was brilliant, but the last line absolutely cracked me up :D Nice going dude, looking forward to the last two chapters now :D
FlyingTackle chapter 5 . 6/11/2013
You have done everything right with this. I didn't realize until after reviewing Stranger Danger that I'd read your stuff before, but I'm now officially convinced that you write the best Butters ever. Ever. And you do a damn good job with everyone else, too. I'm just in love with the way you both capture the characters' essences and make them your own. Both couples got their happy ending, and both were so different and convincing; I'm just in awe.

My absolute favorite thing about your writing is that you have an understanding of male psychology that I almost never see on this site (and especially almost never when reading SP fic). They act like boys, not girls, and that is so good. I suppose at post-college age you do have an age advantage over the majority of FF authors, but still. I've said it already, but you should definitely be proud of your writing abilities. I'm not an especially huge fan of either Style or Bunny, but when they're written this well I can't resist.

This last chapter was by far my favorite. Stan and Kyle have a dynamic together that Butters and Kenny just can't compete with in my opinion-you balanced that well by giving the latter couple more "screen time" (or at least it seemed that way to me?). I couldn't help but chuckle at the parts concerning their not using a condom, as it almost sounded like you were directly lecturing your audience. Of course, there's no telling that Stan and Kyle would stay together in monogamous harmony for the rest of their lives, but as someone who reads those endings a lot, I do tend to assume that, so the lack of condom doesn't seem all that bad in my mind. I guess that wasn't your point though, haha.

Okay, one more bit of praise before I go: DIALOGUE. Oh my god. Not only does it flow just effortlessly, it is impeccably natural and sharply witty. Your characters speak to each other in a way that is always perfectly suited to the moment, even if that means they say something totally wrong, and everyone's just a little bit hilarious. I also really like the way you include small flits of other characters rather than excluding all but the protagonists-the garage sale scene is probably the best example of this.

Anyway I've probably shat you enough rainbows for now. Thank you for sharing your writing; it has been a delightful use of my time.
theOrange T A N G chapter 4 . 4/24/2013
Oh my god, dude, it's all the little details that get me. "Memento Mori." I love it.
AwesomeSpellsPrussia chapter 5 . 3/26/2013
YAY HAPPY ENDINGS!
Ziazan chapter 5 . 1/28/2013
And then they all have a foursome! Haha.
Really cute story.
nemo1934 chapter 5 . 1/26/2013
God, I love you. You are so talented. Thanks for brightening my life. Hope you're doing okay.
tmcala chapter 5 . 1/26/2013
Kyle topping! wooohooo! This was so fun and cute! I loved it :)
Montana-Bob chapter 5 . 1/26/2013
That was a wonderful story! ...I really like 'experienced' Butters :) Thanks!
ATTHESTROKEOFMIDNIGHT chapter 5 . 1/26/2013
Wow!, this was absolutely amazing, my favorite pairings all in one story. When I saw this I had no doubt in my mind that a would love it, because all of yor stories are amazing.
kyleisgod chapter 2 . 1/26/2013
I love your South Park stories. You're one of my favorite SP authors by far these days. Anyway, the Kyle/Butters pairing is an interesting and original one. Their verbal exchange in chapter 3 is both amusing and hot, but then you always write very amusing Butters dialogue. Keep up the fine work.
Montana-Bob chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Well, my weekend just got both better and less productive than I'd hoped it would be. Excellent first chapter, I'm looking forward to reading the rest. Thanks! :)
LovelyRose5001 chapter 5 . 1/26/2013