Reviews for Mass Effect: The First War
mr.read7 chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Really good chapter! I can't wait for the next one!
Silverscale chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Time to kick some Turian exoskeleton butts.
Gyre chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Anyone think of mining the area around the relay? Turians come through, and end up in a minefield. This war is going to get nasty. Not sure the asari can do much to calm things down, assuming they decide to do so.
Bellduke chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Ten marines - fix Quarians, four Humans ...

spell check please
M2J MandalorianJedi chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Just to throw up some more lore data, due to the Treaty of Farixan, Dreadnaught production across Citadel species is 5-3-1, meaning for every 5 dreadnaughts produced by the Turian Fleet, the Council species (Asari and Salarians) can produce 3 and any non-Council Citadel Species is allowed to produce 1.
Arrow monger chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
We know that as of the First Contact War the Alliance Fleet had about 200 ships, that means that from 2149-2157 the Alliance were able to construct that navy. 8 years, so in the year 2183, 26 years after the First Contact War with the construction rates before the First Contact War the Alliance would likely have 850 vessels in their navy. But in all likelyhood with the resources of the new colonies and with them becoming a Council Race I doubt it would be a stetch for them to have anywhere from 900-1000 ships in all. So 900 ships for 9 dreadnoughts by 2186, likely meaning each Dreadnought had a support fleet of about 100.
So using that logic, 100 ships per dreadnought, the Turians with 39 Dreadnoughts would have about four thousand vessels, the Asari 2000, and the Salarians 1600, the Geth have almost as many Dreadnoughts as the Turian navy. It is stated that each of their fleets has between 5 and 10,000 ships in it. However these likely include starfighters, dropships, ect. I'd estimate the Geth to have around 35 Dreadnoughts with around 3-3500 carriers, frigtates, and cruisers.

Now we know the largest fleet in the galaxy numerically is the Quarian fleet with 50,000 vessels. Fifty thousand vessels each jury rigged with cannons would definately be enough to give any military in the galaxy a pause. Which is why Admiral Raan said that. "Now our strength would even give the Turians pause."

So we have the Council Races (including the alliance) having 8600 carriers, cruisers, and frigates. Then 3500 Geth capital ships, as well as 50,000 Quarian ships. Not counting the jury rigged merchant vessels of the Citadel races that gives us about 62,100 battle ready warships. Even if you say that the Anti-Reaper alliance took 50 percent causalties up until the Second Battle of Earth that is still 31,050 ships. I think these estimates are fairly generous considering the sheer size of the Turian, Asari, and Salarian economies and that rather than building armadas over a couple of dozen years, they have been building vessels for a thousand years. several sources say 5000 or 7000 but For all we know the Turian Fleet could number at over 10,000.
Morgomir chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Great story so far. Love the mass effect universe, hate the ending they used in canon. Love to see where you take it.
Axcel chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
I find the WW3 thing interesting. However, one thing in particular irks me. I can assure you that if someone nuked us without it being necessary (like it unfortunately was in WW2, a choice between millions of lives and nukes), we (America) would respond with every nuke we have. If anyone tried to stop us, allies or not, we'd consider them to be enemies and approving of the attack on us. We'd nuke them, too.
Beyogi chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
This is interesting. I figure they'll just "nuke" the turian fleet once they come out of the portal? Or they'll leave space mines around it.

Anyway, thank you for writing this captivating story, I can't wait for the next chapter,
Beyogi
SteelBound chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
No, the turians do not have so many ships. Turians have 6000 to 7000 military vessels max. They do not have over 37000 ships.
Onsholo chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I FUCKING LOVE BEIJING!WHY DID YOU HAD TO BOMB IT YOU DAMN AMERICAN PIGS?WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Y?
evelsaint93 chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Excellent update. I assume humanity will get it's ass kicked and come back a few hundred years later to exact vengeance?
general-joseph-dickson chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Sparatus will be smacked down. Hopefully the humans show more backbone and resist the council, staying with themselves and the Quarians.
Guest chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
Maybe I'm just being anally retentive but if my memory isn't playing tricks on me there were at least one planet in ME1 that had descriptions indicating that it was once inhabited but the race that populated it nuked itself into extinction, adding another entry in the list of ancient species that went extint due nuclear warfare.

I know that this is an AU but maybe it would be more believable to say that Humanity is the only species that survived nuking itself beside the Krogan (with the little detail that Tuchanka was/is on its way to a slow mass extinction, that was what induced the Salarians to build the Shroud when they were still in good terms with the Krogans, Humanity did survive and get back on its own collective feet without anyone else's help).

Anyway, this is a background detail, nothing to really worry about but easy to fix, if you don't, that'sq fine anyway.
kingslops chapter 6 . 2/25/2013
i love this story i cant wait to see more. and the people complaining about numbers dont seem to realize that its AU and that its up to the author for how the story goes. but please please burn the turian homeword for there transgretions and crush there forces
1,918 | « Prev Page 1 .. 108 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 .. Last Next »