Reviews for Mass Effect: The First War
CMVreud chapter 15 . 9/24/2016
Hmmm, I wonder, wonder wonder.
I'm sure it's no "Pretorian"-Dreadnought and I hope the ships more subversive systems aren't activated.
And I wonder when the Geth catch wind of other A.I.s in da hood.
Perhaps first contact initiated by the humans?
I don't know what comes next, and I just have an inkling where this will end.
Revliledpembroke chapter 2 . 9/24/2016
One thing I still don't get is the Quarians (or other Council races in different works) saying "Geth!" when they interact with Human AIs for the first time. They clearly aren't Geth. The lack of a flashlight head is a dead giveaway.
CMVreud chapter 12 . 9/23/2016
The Turians don't only seem to be descended from birds but retained their ancestors birdbrain quite wonderfully it seems.

PS: With the "Imperium of Man"-thing from the previous chapter (I hope), does that mean that GW is canon, or is it just a choice of words?
CMVreud chapter 11 . 9/23/2016
And now you added the sugar and whip-cream.
...
I can't stop reading and now I will diappointed when I reach the not-yet end.
CMVreud chapter 10 . 9/23/2016
Humanity FUCK Yeah!
If they ever find something that combines crack, kittens and sex it won't be as good as this story.
Godspeed.
CMVreud chapter 7 . 9/23/2016
HFY!
I know it's 2201, but when you do the math about firearms in U.S. citizen hands... well, as a great man once said "I pity the fool."
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2016
I think you forgot the States from Asia, andd also the Australian continent. I doubt China, India, North Korea, Japan, and many more would ve comfortable with the kthers making such decisions for them. What about Africa as a continent, dont you think in 100 years there mihht be changes in their position among worls powers? And the Islam and Arabic states? The world is not made from just the Wes5, the South Americans, Europeans and Russians.

Otherwise, an interesting idea!
Axcel chapter 19 . 9/11/2016
I'm ignoring the riots thing. We wouldn't be scared of the Citadel after curbstomping their only real military. We certainly wouldn't be upset about turning down the Council's "offer" of joining. Those terms were so ridiculously bad that only the most extreme of extremists would even consider them at all. Plus, it would require us to be "defended" by the invaders after reducing our military to a point it is incapable of defending us from mere pirate attacks, let alone the Turians.
Axcel chapter 17 . 9/11/2016
Amazing how the xenos believe that it would be morally superior for humanity to slaughter the majority of the Turian species in combat and orbital bombardments than to kill a fraction of their species with one bomb. Idiots.
Axcel chapter 3 . 9/10/2016
Besides the fact the Quarians in this fic are so painfully stupid as to believe all AI are Geth despite being made by a different species, one whom they don't have a custom-fit translator for and thus could've simply interpreted wrong (too stupid to even think of that, too), and despite Geth not being AI anyway, there are a number of reasons why someone might not like Quarians.

Reasons why Quarians are hated:

1) Too arrogant and generally like the Leviathans to accept the fact that if they had stopped shooting the Geth, the Geth would have stopped shooting them.

2) The Quarians were the ones to kill all those innocent Quarians they blame the Geth for. That is not something that could be kept secret or simply forgotten by the people who lived it and passed that knowledge to their descendants. Which means the Quarians knowingly hate the Geth for something the Quarians themselves did.

3) Cowardly paranoia of the Geth and AI in general despite the fact the Geth have not left the Perseus Veil for nearly three hundred years.

4) Too dumb to just build a space colony and to use the sheer size of their fleet to dominate asteroid resources in unclaimed systems. Therefore, they are kinda asking for the shitty lives they have as they do nothing to make it better despite having perfectly viable options. Especially with omni-tool technology if massively scaled up.

5) Fear all AI despite A) being the ones who attacked the AI, not the other way around, and B) the Geth not actually being AI in the first place but instead networked VI. Baseless fear of something they have no reason to fear, cultural or otherwise, solely because one Quarian out of thousands who had been asked "do I have a soul" reacted like Chicken Little.

6) Too dumb to verify if Chicken Little had a valid point equals too dumb to live. Literally in the case of the "Morning War" (which wasn't even a war).

7) Play up the "woe is me" card too much.

8) I can go on but don't want to make this comment too long. Basically, their species way of showing that they are not human is though a combination of inhuman stupidity and inhuman pity party.
Valdiusmacto chapter 22 . 9/11/2016
While there were admittedly points I pretty much skimmed(you can only read so much combat detail before it all starts to blur), overall I found this story immensely engaging and fairly unique. On the other hand, the way you set up Shepard in the end chapters completely killed any interest in the squeals, so I doubt I'll read those. Still, this one was enjoyable at least, so thanks for the story!
Nazerian chapter 7 . 9/6/2016
RunFromResponsibility chapter 21 . 8/13/2016
I had never read a story that made me feel like I was at war, I swear I felt the rage of humanity in my heart. I was ready to die for my planet and I felt justified when I thought billions of innocent civilians were killed and their homeplanet destroyed.
It took me two days to read this story and I wish I could forget and read it all again, that's just how amazing this was.
The action, the diplomacy, every decision, every incident and every single win had me enthralled and at the edge of my seat. I fell as if I went through this story's event personally and came out the other side with a sense of triumph and a sense of fear for what is yet to come.
I can't thank you enough for this experience, but I can at least try to express my appreciation.
Thank you!
Harlan Malkavian chapter 18 . 8/11/2016
trow in a star the comment to the previous chapter, you have me fooled for good. genious.
Harlan Malkavian chapter 17 . 8/11/2016
i don't believe it, Whyte killed billions of innocent turian just for show who's got the biggest quad.
make you wish in a tecnology to give Asari longevity just to make him live inside a box for a thousand year.
you do a great job.