Reviews for Mass Effect: The First War
AraelDranoth chapter 5 . 4/23/2019
Borrowing some themes from Halo and Gears are we?
Deepthoughts42 chapter 19 . 4/12/2019
I love your story but that bit about the Spartans had some flaws in it. 1 it wasn’t 300 Spartans it was 300 Spartans plus there support they brought plus soldiers from other city states at Thermopylae. 2 while what you said is correct about there training they had methods even more inhuman than the Spartan program from Halo. They would kill babies if they didn’t meet standards, abandon kids in the woods to survive beat them to toughen them up and to top it all off, sexually abuse the trainees by forcing them to perform sexual favors for veterans. I love the modern take on Spartans as much as the next guy but they had serious problems in their society.

TLDR go look up Spartan training for real life and Halo, tell me which was worse
amerdism chapter 22 . 4/5/2019
Awesome story. I hope to see more soon. When’s the next chapter going up?
Deathmaster chapter 14 . 3/16/2019
“SIGMA Casualty reports come in. Total numbers classified top secret. (In an effort to further raise morale, the Alliance publically proclaims that none, in fact, died at all.)” a Spartan never dies, they are only MIA.
Mike chapter 5 . 3/4/2019
For a species that claims communication is key, it seems VERY unlikely their AIs would have forgotten to gather the language data of all races the quarians knew of.
Azaira chapter 21 . 1/26/2019
First, Love the story
Only problem I have is that the Batarians are actually capable ambushing, beating, and stealing ships that they shouldn’t have any possibility of. They can’t track human FTL, they don’t know where humans live(that isn’t defended by thousands of ships), they can’t defend against human weapons, and it would take a fleet to take out a patrol(what do they even need to patrol outside of their system?) that the shouldn’t even be capable of finding. The fact that the patrols don’t get doubled or tripled when several go missing is befuddling. The batarians shouldn’t even be capable of reaching their space anyways, since they would need to go through relays, which are guarded heavily because of the war(or take amp the of travel time, which is practically unreadable). It doesn’t make sense...at all.
CBS chapter 4 . 1/24/2019
MacGraw is an asshole and never ceases to be annoying
AnthonyR89 chapter 11 . 1/20/2019
...i'm pretty sure that Sparatus answers to Fedorian, not the other way around.
AnthonyR89 chapter 2 . 1/19/2019
re-reading this, and noticed yet another similarity with Halo. isn't there a spartan named Locke in one of the newer games? heh. last halo i played was Halo 3, personally.
devilmaycry chapter 2 . 1/16/2019
didn't particulary like your story but i just came across a story name "dawn of titan" and it lift almost the whole "first contact" scenario and dialogue from this story and i didn't see you being credited . its so blatantly rip off that i could not let it slide so i came back here to let you know .

maybe its a misunderstanding but better sure than sorry :)
rmw5763 chapter 12 . 1/9/2019
Typically Arrogant Council, Morons,lol
Pteaset chapter 23 . 1/3/2019
This story is so good it’s one of the best if you wrote a book I would buy it and read it
Pteaset chapter 17 . 1/2/2019
I have forgotten just how amazing the
Pteaset chapter 7 . 12/31/2018
I am happy
scyfly chapter 19 . 12/25/2018
a civil war after just winning a war on a galatic scale? they have the tech advantage meaning if they so wish the enemy cant even travel to their planets. what would they have chosen? join the citadel and give up all power. that does not sound like the race that preaches peace while readying their weapons.
many of you reasons like this just dont make sense
1,918 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »