Reviews for Chuck vs the Temple of Doom
Charah Forever chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
This is a great story. Please update soon.
resaw chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Oh, this is priceless! I'm sure glad you and Quistie are friends.
garnetflint chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
This is a fun story, and as the victim of a few pencil-skirted-bunheaded-bespeckled librarians as well as the benificiary of some very helpful librarians I would like to thank you for your writing (I think I snorted some coffe the first time I read it). I too thought of Daleks when I heard the librarians chanting. The 'librarian's interview" was great. My only regret is that it is not a "multi-chapter" story, but I can understand ending it as you did. Thanks again for keeping the Chuckverse alive!
Mr. M.Parker chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
It who's a funny story.
somedeepmystery chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Haha! That was fun. Saved by research!
wimbledon92 chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
You are awesome Frea, thank you for sharing this.

Happy birthday Quistie!
UKWritr chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh my god.

That was brilliant. Thank you so much for this, Frea.
Kyo Tetsuei chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
I. Bloody. Love. This.

You've posted some amazing stuff in recent months but this one is definitely taking the cake.

Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Funny, really clever. I've always enjoyed a good librarian joke, even ones that might end deadly. Just wanted to point out, if any of those librarians were quiste64, they would've known the answers already, and Team Bartowski would be dead. Except, maybe Sarah, they would have recruited her. She does look good in a pencil skirt after all. And glasses.

Thanks again for writing this.

P.S. Now I know how to properly spell librarian.
quistie64 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
First of all, you are an incredibly wonderful person and I'm so honored to be called your friend. My life is infinitely better because of you. Your wit (as evidenced by this story) is legendary and your abilities are inspiring. And from what I hear, you also make a pretty mean pecan pie.

This story left me grinning from start to finish, with constant giggles and multiple guffaws. Mr. Q kept asking me what I was laughing at this morning as I read it at breakfast. (Yes, I'm sorry to say I didn't see it until this morning. Now that my toes are hanging over the edge of the half century mark-into which I will be cruelly pushed next year-I was already asleep when it was posted.) Finding this present awaiting me made my day started off in a wonderful way.

This whole story is awesome. It really is. If I may, I'd like to point out a few my favorite things (you see what I did there? My rapier wit is astounding, no?) and the things that continue to make me giggle at the mere memory of them:

Casey in a harness when he doesn't need to be. Honestly, every time Casey says anything I crack up.
Nondescript building outside Boulder.
Outdated issued of Highlights Magazine. (Hahahahaha!)
Sensei Ping
Piranha tank
"You know, when you talk to me like that, it hurts me, Casey." Hahahahaha! I can hear Chuck's voice in my head when he said that.
School bus full of orphaned, penniless children.
The Mad Scientist's Lab WITH A COW! You do know of my love of Mad Scientists and their cows. And a Cave for Bruins (a kind of bear, you know).
THE LIBRARY
Tom Clancy
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! It *is* power.
Northern California really is the best.
A wombat in the Scary Stacks. Hee! (and wabbits)
"...women with their hair pulled back into severe buns, cat's eye glasses, pencil skirts, and sourpuss looks." (It's like you were looking at my picture! Heh.)
"For an eternal second, time seemed to still, snot and saliva clinging to the air like something out of The Matrix..." (choking giggles)
Longfellow!
Book jockeys with katanas.
Doo-mas.
Can I tell you how much it warms my heart that Chuck's library card was well worn and much used. I KNEW IT! He loves the library.
I adore the librarians. Is it wrong that I heard the librarians sounding like Daleks when they said, "Terminate card holder. Terminate card holder"?
Blowing peoples minds with the Dewey Decimal system!
Regenerating zombie librarians! (I think maybe Lavinia was a zombie librarian, don't you?)
"Old Mr. Jeckle at the research desk when he told me how badass librarians really were." Hee!

And then came the most brilliant twist of them all. That moment when I stopped and laughed so hard, tears came to my eyes: "Hey, do you know where I can find a book on yoga for dogs?"

Then, like any good librarian-zombie or not-she forgets everything else and immediately begins her reference interview. "Any particular breed of dog?" I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW BRILLIANT THIS IS! (We're like Pavlov's dogs. We just can't help it.)

Awesome dog breeds and "Let me check the system." Hahahaha!

Zombies and World War I - I'm dying and so very proud.

"...eight fastidiously dressed librarians all bent over drawers in the card catalogue, searching their little hearts out." This makes my librarian heart sing.

To top it all, the trio then as to run the gauntlet of SINGING NUNS in the next room! Bwahahahahaha!

Simply put Frea, like you, this story is wonderful and brilliant and truly inspired. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You're the best.
lucky47 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Hahahaha! Oh that last line! Fabulous :) Such an awesome gift to an awesome person!
atx77 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Happy Birthday to quistie!
LinShoe85 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Loved it Frea! :)
Of course, it would be a library that would be the scariest place for Casey & Sarah. I was half expecting the Vashta Nerada to show up. Asking for them to find research topics saved them made me smile.
This is an awesome ficlet for an awesome person. :)
Arya's prayers chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Oh phooey, Frea; it was designed by Sensei Ping?!

I thought it was going to be a humorous story until I saw that, but that made it as serious as a Luchadore heart attack!

It is known that Sensei Ping loves pain and suffering like tornadoes love trailer parks.

Ok, I'm done now. Thanks for the Easter Egg!
;)

And the Shawshank one.

And I have a hard cover copy of 'Atlas Shrugged' somewhere around here that I'm pretty sure would be as effective as 'Infinite Jest'. Though I imagine there's some particular significance to the defensive book you chose amongst ninja librarians.

In fact, I shudder when I wonder how many of the seemingly random research topics mentioned have in fact been tasked / taken on by quistie.

Many kudos to both gifter and recipient. Thanks for sharing this lovely gesture with us.
grandetiopaco chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Love the Middleman reference. And all the others for that matter. Very funny. A wonderful birthday gift to be sure.