Reviews for salvation
Wish I Was A Pirate chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Nice story, I love me some Smash Bros!

To be honest, i was kinda confused at the beginning, the writing was written differently and i was all like "Who's saving who again?". But as the story progressed I then thought "Who cares about all those questions?".

I think the scenario you give us is brilliant. It's a classic story fairy tale story, but you've given us a twist to it, and it's a lot darker in the sense that it sounds more... human like? Real, with the scars, blood, tears and emotions, it isn't any Sleeping Beauty story, i'll tell ya that!

I think the best part of the plot though is that you switched the gender roles where Peach is the knight in shining armor and Metaknight is the one to be rescued. I enjoyed it, you've written it in a passive way that it doesn't even matter what gender.. what roll each of them played in this story because all that matters is that they've escaped and that they're okay.

Interesting story to say the least ;).
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
So here I am thinking I can get through a fic of yours without getting misty eyed or any of that. And just as I think I'm in the clear, it hits. It didn't come roaring like some of the others. It was the simple line of "It turns out that the departed Mario Segali had brought both of them unnecessary guilt and undeserved grief" and I thought "I knew Mario was dead." But it's the way it connects to the piece. It's the part where you show and confirm that what I've suspected was true (which is always hard to swallow when it's this impactful) and then in the next few simple words you show the entire aftermath and devastation caused by it. Wow. Just... Wow.
Backing up to the beginning. I loved how it spoke of her with the stolen key. That was magnificent. I also enjoyed how you spoke of the girl defeating the dragon in order to save the knight. That was a real lovely addition. I can't figure out why exactly, part of me wants to say girl power, but that's not it. It's more like the fact Peach is always so helpless (unless she's in Mario Kart) and you've taken her and molded her into a person who can be looked up to and admired. Wonderful job on this. I love it.
Lady Paprika chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
In the beginning, I was kind of confused, because the style of writing was a little different and I was wondering who was rescuing who? What happened? So many questions! But as I progressed into the story, I thought, "Wow, who the heck cares about all those questions?" I think the scenario you give us is brilliant. It's a classic story fairy tale story, but you've given us a twist to it, and it's a lot darker in the sense that it sounds more... real, with the scars, the blood and the sweat. It's not Sleeping Beauty (Disney version) in the sense that these two feature two protagonists who are not movie perfect and still dwell on the pain of loss, as well as PTSD.

I think the best part of the plot though is that you switched the gender roles where Peach is the knight in shining armor and Metaknight is the one to be rescued. That resonated well with me a lot and I like how you address it continuously in a passive way, like it doesn't matter even if she is a girl, what matters is that they've both escaped and they're now together.

This was pretty well done and I'm willing to bet Sigzix is going to love this!