Reviews for Baby Love
Cowoline chapter 15 . 1/11
Oh no! Last chapter! I am so looking forward to more. I must admit I have a fondness for Trevor. Your story is inspiring. It makes me want to continue my stories about Abe and Louise. But alas, this is a very small fandom. Can't wait for your next chapter!
Cowoline chapter 14 . 1/11
Amazing that Gentan is getting control over her powers and it might be good for her, but she seems to intimidate her brother more than anything. It's an interesting struggle - getting to terms with what she is. Especially being that young. Great writing.
Cowoline chapter 13 . 1/11
You are adding more and more descriptions as your story progresses and it makes it a joy to reach. Gentan seems to be growing up much faster than her brother - almost alarming. I wish I could make sure she was alright and tell Red the same, but since I can't, I just read your story with excitement - and just a little bit of worry :)
Cowoline chapter 12 . 1/11
I love Trevor's innocence, joy and playful nature. Gentan is having so many emotions go through such a little girl. faced with things that she is too young to deal with. It must have been so painful for Red to see what is daughter has the potential becoming. Like looking into a reflection. Great writing and I loved the description of Gentan.
Cowoline chapter 11 . 1/11
It's really fun to see the characters develop and grow. There are so many nice and loving scenes in this. It makes it a joy to read.
Cowoline chapter 10 . 1/11
I love the scenes between Hellboy and Gentan. They are so touching and still so heartbreaking. The situation just gets worse and worse - it's heart-wrenching.
Cowoline chapter 9 . 1/11
I really like the longer descriptions in this chapter... and Gentan is just so adorable. Your language keeps being an inspiration to me :)
Cowoline chapter 8 . 12/19/2014
This was an awesome chapter. I love the loving bits you put in these. They are so lovely and heartwarming. They are getting tough to handle, but with Red as their father anything else would be surprising. I like the Joaquin character more and more
EmeraldStarOfTheSouthernIsles chapter 15 . 11/13/2014
Hi! There were some lovely glimpses into life in Liz and Red’s unique family in this chapter. Trevor’s such a nice kid – a wee gentleman to his mother and he took the episode with the toothpaste exceptionally well. (Using toothpaste was actually a pretty good stab at improvisation on the kids’ part even though it ultimately didn't work out.) I liked the tie-ins too to your other stories, for example, ‘Loving Red’ and Liz’s memory of first seeing Fletch in his band. It makes for solid, consistent realism.

Gentan is a good kid too although she does have that dark, worrying fascination about Red’s origins. I can just imagine her not liking his joke about being ‘hatched like a rooster’. He had some good advice for her if only she’d listen to it, but it’s so like kids not to when they’re as set on something as she is. She has a quick mind and lets no one off the hook – Liz and Red’s natural reluctance to discuss certain things with her, given her age, must be very frustrating for her.

Red’s reminiscences about his first date with Liz on Halloween were quite poignant – it would be the one time of the year they could go on a proper date without fear of attracting undue attention.

The ending to this chapter was totally unexpected but on a second reading, the signs were all there – great foreshadowing. It was quite a sad ending too – Red, Liz and Trevor are naturally upset for their daughter and sister but she remains determined in what she’s done. I’m looking forward to seeing what consequences follow on from all of this, especially how Red squares his own decision to keep his horns filed down with Genny’s attempt to do something similar although much more drastic and, of course, with her own reasons behind it. Liz and Red may find themselves having to deal with Gentan’s questions in more depth a lot sooner than they wanted to.
AughraOfEarth chapter 15 . 11/13/2014
OK, now *that* was a plot twist, as a vivid reminder that these are still kids their parents are dealing with, even if Trevor may be getting to adult size fast. Overall, a pleasant series of short looks in on present and past life for HB, Liz, and the family, with continued disturbing notes where one might expect, given the characters as previously established.

Looking forward to where it goes...
Ryromaniac chapter 14 . 10/23/2014
I really love this story so far...I can't wait to see where you go with it! :)
AughraOfEarth chapter 14 . 5/23/2014
Finally getting back to review (responsible for 3-4 views so far, mostly from buses!) this continues to be a convincing family drama with Hellboy and Liz taking on the conflict between their paranormally precocious daughter and her more normally talented brother. The relationship between the twins is realistic and a bit disturbing, as it sinks in that Gentan has a rather different view of her father as a demon prince, than he does, and one has to wonder how *that* may play out later. Fortunately their parents are rising to the occasion, with fast action to figure out and contain the situation before it gets out of hand! Solid characterization as always, credible kids, and nice definition of setting where needed.
EmeraldStarOfTheSouthernIsles chapter 14 . 5/21/2014
Another great chapter! :) I liked Trevor and Gentan's exchange at the start - typical brother and sister, especially when the sister is trying to boss her brother around. Boys and girls certainly do have different ways of approaching things!

This chapter showed once again what fantastic parents Red and Liz are - they each handled their respective child perfectly. I really liked both Red's promise to Trevor (to tell him more when he was older rather than try and brush it under the carpet) and also his advice to his son to just be a kid for now. It was such a considerate and reassuring response.

Liz did a fine job of getting her point across to Gentan too. She listened to what her daughter had to say and then set down some much needed rules - firm but fair (exactly what Gentan needs, I think.) I liked Gentan's comment about the list really being more rules! She's very sharp. You do a good job in showing that for all her precociousness, she's still a little girl (for example, in her desire to look like her mother.)

Giving Gentan the ability to glamour herself was a great idea :) With her discovery of her 'new' powers, she looks set to have another go at pushing the boundaries sooner or later. It seems that an already complex situation will become even more complicated! I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next and how her family reacts.
Cheers
ESSI :)
sinister-assassin chapter 14 . 5/21/2014
Woo, an update! I really enjoyed this chapter, with the division of the fighting kids among each respective parent for a bit of one-on-one conversation. Trevor is basically an adorable, sweet kid who just wants to be a rock star and hang out with his dad, while his sister is ultra-precocious in her supernatural abilities, and her drive to master them perfectly. HB's a great, easygoing dad with his son, who probably proves a little easier to handle than Gentan, but Liz does a great job remaining calm upon discovering that her little girl not only has such an ability, but wants to utilize it to look like her, and explore the outer world.

Also, I loved Gentan's list of people she wants to meet. I mean, what seven year old doesn't wanna meet Wolverine? :-D
sinister-assassin chapter 8 . 3/20/2014
Lovely chapter! Oh, man, I love that whole rooftop scene. Your description of the nighttime solitary smoking ritual coupled with Red's obvious pensive nature in regards to his daughter's secondary visions is a beautiful image. There's just something about scenes on rooftops, eh? Your OCs are great and fit in well with the story's dynamic.
Andrea seems like a real peach... glad she got what was coming, good riddance. -S.A.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »