Reviews for Time Trax of the DEAD
romeosami7 chapter 17 . 6/23
farewell, my friend. I stayed for 17 chapter but this is heading towards fan fair instead of HOTD main element, boob, blood and killing. So many pairings :/ peace
romeosami7 chapter 16 . 6/23
you are forcing a relationship, rape trauma? a bit of an over do
romeosami7 chapter 14 . 6/23
no no no, Kohta and Saya plot is too Disney level smoochy. He is a class A pervert, that's the best thing about him. Saya is like an enclosed wall. please don't change the key elements of characters.
romeosami7 chapter 13 . 6/23
it has great potential but you made pairing somewhat hectic. moreover please look for time travel and paradox, if you change on even in time travel, you might bring apocalypse, any small change, entire timeline will change, best outcome will be more death of your comrades. I don't need happy ending of this. saying this, I will continue with your story.
RykOakwine chapter 32 . 5/22
TL/DR Overall Rating: 85 (A good read, recommended)
-Ratings-
.o0o.
Technical: Like all of Draco38’s stories, the technical writing is excellent. Very few people other than true grammar nazi’s will find anything to complain about in this tale. It’s well written and proofread with a fine toothed comb.
Rating: 100
.o0o.
Premise Originality: Well, it is Yet Another Time Travel Redo Story, that’s true. Anyone who’s read much Harry Potter or Naruto fanfic (and isn’t that almost everyone who reads fanfic?) has certainly seen this premise. Go back in time, do it better this time.
That said, it is fairly original for High School of the Dead fanfic. Primarily because it is difficult to come up with a reason how someone from an entirely normal version of our world (other than the zombies) could go back in time.
Draco38 does a fair job with the premise, dealing with the How question by mostly handwaving it. There is some effort late in the story to touch on maybe how this all happened, but mostly it’s just handwaved. And that’s actually okay. Sometimes stuff just happens and that can be the premise of a story.
Rating: 80
.o0o.
Originality of Plot: The plot is all part of the premise: Yet Another Time Travel Redo Story. There honestly isn’t much plot at all other than Takashi’s efforts to do it better this time since he now has some forewarning of what’s going to happen and when.
The plot, such as it is, works. Even if it doesn’t particularly have anything unique or new about it.
Rating: 60
.o0o.
Execution of Plot: If the plot isn’t particularly new or unique it IS carried off well by the author. There are only a few points in the year-head-start that Takashi now has where the reader might wonder “is this really all you’re going to try to do?” but the author helps Takashi’s humble efforts on a few occasions. Mostly by having a few efforts from non-high school student characters (most often Ria) make a try at warning government and military leaders of what’s going to happen and her efforts are remarkably successful.
All in all a well-executed plot.
Rating: 90
.o0o.
Character Authenticity (IC? OOC?): All of the characters read very “in character” according to what we see in canon. Draco38 does an entirely passable job of rendering the major characters and the minor ones.
Rating: 95
.o0o.
Quality of character portrayal: The cast ends up growing a bit too large, to the point where the constant shifting back and forth between some people calling some other people their last names and other people calling those same people their first names all ends up causing the reader to lose track sometimes of who is who. This is often a problem in fanfic which attempts to be accurate to the way people in Japan still use the last names of people they don’t know well in casual conversation. The author sticks to this even though it ends up muddying the portrayal of the characters many times. All in all he does a good job though of showing the various characters and giving them all distinct personalities, even though the cast of “speaking roles” is allowed to swell to unmanageable levels.
Rating: 80
.o0o.
Addressing Canon Stupidities: Unlike a lot of fanfic, HotD fanfic isn’t really about pointing out all of the really stupid things and plot holes that exist in the canon material. So this category is really N/A.
Rating: N/A
.o0o.
Justice to Antagonists: The biggest weakness of HotD (and zombie apocalypse fiction in general) is that the premise of the story doesn’t provide a significant antagonist for the story to build dramatic tension around. Instead these stories are, essentially, natural disaster tales where the small group of protagonists are simply attempting to survive the (hurricane, alien invasion, earthquake, ship sinking, zombie apocalypse). As such there aren’t really any significant antagonists who need to be smacked down for the reader’s satisfaction. There is one arc in which everyone’s favorite Hentai Teacher, Shido-sensai, is set up as an antagonist and that arc concludes satisfactorily enough.
Rating: 90
.o0o.
Color, dialogue, feeling: The author does a decent job of drawing the characters out. Less effort is spent on creating the environment in which the characters are acting. Some city wards are mentioned by name so that’s a plus but all in all it’s still a fairly vanilla backdrop against which our cast of characters are acting.
Rating: 75
.o0o.
Correctly Rated: The story is rated M (the equivalent of a U.S. rated R movie) and as such it is expected to have some sexual content and graphic violence. These are present in several scenes and so the story is correctly rated, to the authors credit.
Rating: 100
.o0o.
Comments: A pretty decent HotD story. Anyone who enjoyed the anime or manga should enjoy reading this tale, though by the time we get to the end of the 32nd chapter most readers will probably feel like it’s past time to wrap up the story.
Certainly the best of the HotD fanfiction this reviewer has read so far, though that’s not exactly a high bar to jump over. Much HotD fanfiction is mediocre at best. Draco38 stands out from the crowd with his various efforts in this category.
Foster117 chapter 31 . 5/1
Please note, my first review from probably a year or so ago, is still in place on chapter 32, and I can't post multiple reviews on the same chapter, so I will post it here. I seem to be on a spree rereading your stories, I may be out of HOTD for now... And that scares me to death... So if you ever write another I will be sure to read it. This is my second time reading this story, and I loved it... Again! Keep up the great work!
Phazer12 chapter 32 . 4/24
Bravo Draco 38 .a fantastic story you have written.
Shawn45 chapter 32 . 4/19
This is definitely one of the best, if not THE best HotD fanfic on the site. Given that the manga will likely never be continued, this definitely gives a lot of closure that was severely lacking in the manga. One thing I greatly appreciate is Kohta's larger role in this, since I always hate it when people just push him aside and don't utilize him at all. Hell, I liked the fact that you gave a lot of characters who are only mentioned in passing in the manga a larger role in this. Saeko's dad in particular is probably my favorite OC of the bunch, and it sucks that he's only your creation and is not canon.

There are some things I don't care for though. Sometimes the dialogue between characters is just really strange. I guess I'd just say it's too formal sounding, and they just say things that no normal person would ever say. Another thing I found really odd is how well the characters took the whole 'the world is going to end' thing. Once they finally realized that just maybe this isn't false and might potentially come to pass, I feel like they should have been kind of dreading it, or showing some sort of fear or despair, or really anything like that. If I learned the world was going to end, that a lot of the luxuries I cared for were going to disappear, if production of movies, games, computers, really ANYTHNG complex was going to stop, if I learned that millions, perhaps BILLIONS of people were going to die, I would probably fall into a pretty severe depression.

There were a few minor things I didn't like but I could easily overlook them, such as the story seemingly glorifying violence, and the political views of Souichirou, but like I said, I could ignore them since the story was good enough despite their presence.

I also want to mention that because of you I binged the entirety of Umi No Misaki in two days, and I thought it was pretty alright. I went looking for fanfiction for it after I read it, and I'm disappointed that there's hardly any out there. Other than this story, there's only 4 other stories involving it on this site.

Anyway, I really liked this story. Excellent work!
Daydreams123 chapter 32 . 4/13
Okay, this fic was great. The tension was well-balanced, and I have to say that I'm a bit of a sucker for a doomsday prep story. My only complaint is that the plan worked...too well. When Z-day finally hit, I was really keyed up for the big finale, but it never came. The plan worked, everyone made it safely, and the only time spent in zombie-territory was to basically showcase Takashi's zombie-slaying skills as a final proof that he'd really lived this before. The big payoff for this kind of story is when something inevitably goes wildly out of control, and only the time traveler's experience with the calamity (whatever it may be) allows the main cast to get home alive. The group here was mostly like "Oh look, zombies. Meh, Samadhi took care of it.
SCYPHER16 chapter 32 . 4/7
Fantastic story from beginning to end. The twists and new characters that you came up with were intriguing and were downright enjoyable to read about. Thx for the awesome fanfic
Lord Sigfry chapter 3 . 3/31
Dude just has to sit down to assimilate this stuff. A few hours of quite would do a lot for this poor addled fucker.
Silence117 chapter 32 . 3/16
Read this story 2 years ago. Loved it. Decided to read it again. Still love it. Happy to see some good things haven't changed.
Abel Sephaos chapter 32 . 3/16
I love these feels this story made me feel.
Feels real good. Manly tears have been shed at the heart wrenching story telling.

Kudos.
Abel Sephaos chapter 28 . 3/16
Teddy mufuggin D in this biiiiiii-

Okay, Im sorry. Im having far too much fun with this story.
Darksnider05 chapter 32 . 3/3
This was a wonderful read but that dog twist was so weird.