Reviews for Potluck
spycat chapter 5 . 6/11
I liked each of the five drabbles.
Ryn chapter 3 . 7/22/2014
Sweet chapter. Poignant, too, with the reference to the fallen fireman.
NiDubhchair chapter 5 . 4/3/2014
This was super adorable. I love how there's something about eating together that displays the true character of a group of friends. I can't decide whether Ch. 2 or 5 are my favorite - great job!
FlaFan chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Your story has made me hungry for more (stories and food :) ! Just fantastic.
Var Devonshire chapter 5 . 6/18/2013
You are so good at the banter! That's something I can't get a handle on. I've thoroughly enjoyed every story I've read by you and look forward to reading the rest. Var
CMCity chapter 5 . 3/8/2013
Your short stories both grabbed me and elated me at various times! Once again I can only say thank you. I'm so thrilled I stumbled upon your page and am looking forward to reading more of your stories!
NineMilesNorth chapter 5 . 2/18/2013
Finally got a chance to settle back and enjoy this. As always, you captured the guys at their finest.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/1/2013
I really enjoyed this chapter. All of them were fun to read. Great job on capturing the nuances of the different characters. Great job!
sandybeliever chapter 5 . 1/30/2013
This was Great! Love the banter! This one is getting 'favorited.' I have a story with the same name but it is completely different. Great job!
sandybeliever chapter 3 . 1/30/2013
Oh my gosh, this story is so wonderful. I feel like I am there with them - wish I was, too! :)
sandybeliever chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
I usually say, "I really liked..." and mention something in the chapter but there is just too much I love in this one.
susan chapter 5 . 1/30/2013
Wow I love these little glimpses into the lives of these firefighters. I really think that we need to see another five! PLEASE! I'm so happy that you have adopted this crew to write about. You have a wonderful knack of blending hurt and comfort into wonderful character studies - even if they are only commiserating over fried chicken! Well done.
Lex chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
These were amazing ! Reminded me of Kelmin's short stories regarding unknown type rescues... I read them several times.. just wonderful ! I hope perhaps that you get a few more in your head that you may want to share !

Lex
Ginger S chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
Cookies? You like cookies? Well here is a variety pack! You have again out done yourself with a perfect blend of spices with our boys! and I loved the flavor! The addition of Mattie and her daughter in one of the chapters was such a nice touch. Joanne being the one to point out Johnny's injured shoulder...perfect! And Hank's need to count his men...sublime!
Kelmin chapter 5 . 1/28/2013
I liked how you didn't show us who was in surgery until Joanne came in.

I loved how you showed Cap's aura of command: "even in his checkered shirt and jacket, his men could still see the bugles on his collar."

Most departments use three blasts on the air horn as an evacuation signal. I don't know if they did that back then or not; I would guess they would've in reality since not every person had a radio on them (which would be scandalous today). Come to think of it, I'm not sure I ever saw them use that signal in the show. Shoot, now I have to go re-watch all the episodes to see. :)

A floor collapse is a very realistic scenario for people getting hurt inside the building. Yesterday was the funeral for a firefighter in a nearby department who died after a floor collapse, so the reveal of that part of the story made me gulp.

I really enjoyed how you used the theme of food and eating to show the camaraderie of the men. This was a great series!