Reviews for Black Coffee
porgenthegreploy chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Love it. Great intertwining of the past and the present, the focus on the coffee... I like how you wrote about Barney and Lauren, as well as Gordon's involvement in their lives. This is a great read on Barney's character, and I agree with your sentiment. Barney seems like he would make for a great uncle.
Anne chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
Can I just say that this was AMAZING? Reading this was the first time I ever considered what Gordon and Barney might have been like before the disaster and what kind of people they used to be. The fact that Gordon was weird and silent before does not surprise me. :)
Dorsal chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
This is my favorite Half-Life fic I have to admit, being a Barney lover. Not many explore the relationship he has with Gordon, or even his experience at Black Mesa at all. Some of the transitions were a bit confusing but it all wrapped up nicely in the end. But man do I love a good character analysis, and a well written one at that. Really good job, I suggested this to everyone I knew who has played this game.
NotAMoron chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Please, just have all of my yes. This is the first actually thoughtful piece of Half-Life fanfiction that wasn't about GordonXAlyx, and it is great.

The fact that I'm really tired, hyped up on caffine, and I haven't slept properly in a good few weeks probably has nothing to do with it.
Angela Kip chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
This is a really good fic, and it's nice that you focused on a character who doesn't get a lot of attention. It was especially interesting to see Gordon's relationship with Barney - something I wished had been focused on more in the game. Hope to see more HL fic from you in the future. c: