Reviews for Pain and Prescription
jack63kids chapter 5 . 10/23/2015
Ooo, this is lovely. Can't think how I let it slip so long.

Sherlock is spot on, as well as Greg and John's reaction to him. The whole set up rings true and something I could really imagine happening—the circumstances of the accident and his reactions to being injured and especially that he didn't phone John because he took him literally.

I want to know how that case panned out though...
englishtutor chapter 5 . 9/15/2015
What a wonderful friend Lestrade is, dropping everything for Sherlock. And then, "The internet says I've broken my spine."-don't we all self-diagnose and come up with the worst possible conclusion? Love John's dry reply.
englishtutor chapter 3 . 9/15/2015
Poor Mycroft. Nothing's more undignified than being in hospital. John's scolding is hysterical! And his conclusion: "So don't make him grieve for you . . . ." and then: "Bullying just one of you into not killing yourself with self-neglect is quite enough for me." Perfect!
englishtutor chapter 2 . 9/15/2015
This rings so true-John being perfectly calm and comforting during the crisis, and then in a total strop when it's all over. I've been there myself! And Sherlock's bewilderment is adorable.
englishtutor chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
This is amazingly funny. Lestrade's private thoughts in the shower are hilarious! And Sherlock trying to make instant soup is too cute!
persevera chapter 5 . 7/24/2015
This story was hilarious. I love the unflappable Sherlock, so concerned about appearance, being in put in undignified or embarrassing positions.
The line about seeing if his toes still worked was so cute and John's dismissal of his self-diagnosis.
A really entertaining story with the three men.
JOH1 chapter 5 . 7/24/2015
Probably hopped right back up, hoping no one saw him crash land! Always happy to see an update on any of your work- love your writing!
magentacr chapter 5 . 7/24/2015
Lol, oh the silly things Sherlock does and his cover up stories. It's a good thing he's got such good friends to drop everything and come help him.
ijustsigneduptofollow chapter 5 . 7/23/2015
Ha! Poor Sherlock. Not just transport now, is it.

I'd forgotten how much I loved this story. Thank you for the new chapter!
LittleLongHairedOutlaw chapter 5 . 7/23/2015
So lovely to read more of your work. Thank you so much!
chinaglaze chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
Hi there, I came over here from the WA review tag, but I’m not tagging you because I can’t really give you any sensible sort of concrit on this. It’s not my fandom but that doesn’t matter because this stands up so well on its own and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven’t read a lot of ‘sickfics’ but this is particularly good.
I’m totally convinced that Sherlock wouldn’t be able to make instant soup and I loved the cocaine reference. And that; ‘I feel like shit, Sherlock’ – brilliant…
becgate chapter 4 . 3/31/2015
Loved them!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
It's nice to see Sherlock trying to take care of someone else for a change. The part about his complete lack of experience in making instant soup made me laugh. The comparison to Father's Day breakfast is brilliant — there's definitely a father-son dynamic between them. Great story.
unfulfilled-baby-elephant chapter 4 . 11/7/2014
Best opening hook of the entire story, I think. Really great tension and suspense. You don't know if it's Sherlock who's hurt, or someone else, and it someone else is hurt who is it?
Your description of the situation with Zoe is really great, very vivid. I think it would benefit you to use smell as a descriptive element here. It would be really effective. We know the texture, and sight of the scene, and we can think of the smell, but a truly horrifying description of the stench of the room would really sell the scene completely.
I loved the contrast between the sounds in the flat and the lack of conversation. Really nice chirping crickets effect there.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/7/2014
I love this. I haven’t ever seen a fic with a vulnerable(ish) Mycroft before. I felt that you did very well writing about not only about the heart attack, but his unhealthy habits as well. It gave him a very vulnerable feel without being untrue to his character.
I wanted to mention how many times you use the word “squeak” or “squeaky” in the course of a couple of paragraphs towards the beginning of the chapter. Didn’t know if that was an intentional stylistic choice or not, but it sounds repetitive.
[If his regular clothing was not restored to him immediately, he was going to be rather upset…] This whole scene was so delightfully Mycroft-like. Spot on!
I also really enjoyed the dynamic of John playing kind of mediator between Sherlock and Mycroft, keeping the peace and trying to make each of them happy. Additionally, you’ve charmingly written a great variation in the way John’s medical knowledge and skills appear throughout this entire story, and it’s refreshing that in each chapter it’s been such different situations.
Finally, I really liked your closing comment from John. It earned a chuckle.