Reviews for Blue on Blue
meekerprincess9778 chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
very interesting...maybe follow up where Hannah wants a story from him
Chh727 chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Loved the story!
mendenbar chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
Another good reason why Pelant needs to be defeated ASAP.
tantemary chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Heart wrenching for Booth to deal with these shadows in his past. Kudos for tackling a great prompt in such a tough way. Very well done (as always!)
labsquint chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Sorry it took so long to circle back around to this story, but I'm really glad I found the time. This is the Booth I love - a smart, serious man with a complicated past, a man of honour who still carries the weight of his wartime experiences with him, even all these year later. You've given us a realistic situation and Booth's reaction absolutely rings true for him. Nicely done...
SamBrace chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
WOW! a powerful story it made me want to cry actually thinking about how Booth felt when that happened to him. Great story glad you did write it now I just want to go and hug Booth ;-)
strawberry79 chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
This is something that Pelant would do to totally mess with Booth's mind but poor brilliant piece of work from you.x
SammieAtHome chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
It liked the idea behind this. Considering the lengths Pelant has gone to make a character look bad on the eyes of the law, to make them do difficult choices, and what occurred in the previous episode, it would be just his cup of tea to attack Booth in such a manner. This is the sort of angst, pain and emotional breakdown or struggle Booth, as a character, has been missing in latest season or seasons. I rather like how you are able, through writing, to convey the struggle Booth is going through, the subtleties of Brennan's attempt to comfort him as at the same time he trying to come to terms not only with what happened but for the fact he lied or more importantly never told her about this point in his life.
BnB447 chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Gah, what angst! Amazing story!
leshagen chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Aww poor Booth. I'm very curious as to what others' reactions would be :D
stephaniew chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Wonderful wonderful stuff as always! I think your instinct as to something Booth would want to keep hidden was dead on here (forgive the word choice). A friendly fire incident would be the worst thing in the world for him. Loved Bren's reaction. Knowing its so important how she reacts...what she says. And I think she very much gets it right and you get her right by keeping her absolutely in character. Also...really loved the inclusion of the call to prayer...so beautiful and haunting...sets the mood just like that. Muse is rockin' it, babe! :)
DBGrannyFan chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
OHHHH Noooo... You have to do another chapter. Such a good plot line, the one thing our boys fear the most...friendly fire deaths.
You just know that Booth is going to really push himself on a BIG guilt trip...and it makes me wonder how he will handle everyone knowing. AND what will they say/do when they read...will they shun or embrace the tragedy..
Another great job.
bookwormlady chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
That was an interesting prompt. And you made quite the story of it. Well done!
RionaleprechaunwingsGallagher chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
This was amazing, Monkey. Seriously amazing. I love how Brennan stands fast to defend him, because she knows that it wasn't his fault. She knows that he shouldn't have to carry the guilt around with him every day, even though he does. I love that Brennan knows that Booth has done so much, and she always stands right beside him. My favorite part is this:

"Pelant thought he could attack your honor," she said. "But he's wrong, Booth. Your honor is not diminished by what happened in Mogadishu, and..." She paused and waited for him to look at her again. "You kept that secret because you are an honorable man. No one questions that, Booth. But in attacking your honor, Pelant had to break into secure Pentagon records as well as hack into the FBI's computer system again."

Booth nodded. "You're right," he said, his voice tense as he dug inside of himself to find the strength that he knew his partner saw in him, even if he felt anything but strong in that moment. "Every time he strikes at us, he leaves a trail, right?" he asked, his forehead creasing as his brows arched in as hopeful of an expression as he could summon. "We'll get him."

Brennan smiled. "We will."

You are so great writing angsty!Booth, but this story in particular was amazing. :-)
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
My mother's oldest brother was killed by friendly fire. It's pretty hard on everyone.

I liked your story. It's very authentic, very gripping. I could understand Booth's and Brennan's pain. You write them so well.