Reviews for Two Degrees of Separation
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 10 . 5/15/2013
Finally catching up with this! I'm glad I could read all ten chapters in the same sitting-I like how the story flows this way and I can appreciate all the nuances and plot points more easily as well. I really enjoyed this story of Heyes' time in NY at Columbia. And I'm glad that he finally got together with Beth; I was hoping that would happen and it seemed like it would from the way their interaction was described right from the start. Lots of good scenes in these chapters but I think my favorite is when Beth confronts Heyes and presses him to tell her who he really is. Now on to the continuation!
Linoria chapter 10 . 3/3/2013
Hi! Sorry I haven't reviewed in a while, I've been away. I just finished reading all the chapters you posted when I was gone, and I love them. Poor Heyes. Really looking forward to what's next. )
InsideOutlaw chapter 10 . 2/7/2013
I'm really liking Beth. She's proving herself to be strong, smart and determined. Hopefully, it will be enough when she discovers the whole truth. Helen, as others had said, this chapter was beautifully written. Kudos!
laf1024 chapter 10 . 2/7/2013
Beth is one determened lady, i love that about her. First confronting Dr. Leutze knowing he knows who Joshua Smith really is, though due to patient confidentiality he couldn't tell just warn her away. And when she went to visit Heyes; he never gave her his name but admitted he is a wanted criminal with a bounty on his head. But he should give her the benefit of the doubt and trust her with the truth before he leaves instead of being afraid she'll have a slip of the tounge and spill the beans to someone. He needs to have more confidence in Beth.
RosieAnnieUSA chapter 10 . 2/7/2013
Beautifully written dialogue here, Helen. The confrontation scene is vivid.
Penski chapter 10 . 2/6/2013
Poor Beth... Poor Heyes! Loved the visual you pictured of Heyes studying and his unkempt appearance. Loved Beth's "You're too smart to be taken down." And loved this dialog:
"You aren't some kind of . . . well . . . criminal, are you?" Beth demanded, half joking.
"Yes," he said, fixing her with a deadly serious look, "I am."
Wonderful chapter!
InsideOutlaw chapter 9 . 2/6/2013
Beth is certainly a good match for Heyes. He may have run off this time, but the man's addicted to risks. He'll be back and I'll enjoy reading about it. Thanks for the fun!
laf1024 chapter 9 . 2/6/2013
Now this is a side of Beth Warren i was not expecting but i like it, temptuious; flirty and seductive. Certainly surprized Heyes from the way he sees her at school or at the clinic. And Heyes likes her and now he knows that she has always liked him from the beginning when they first met and now THEY KISSED! But damn Heyes you ran away, i know he doesn't want her to get hurt but if he can tell Dr. Leutze the truth he can certainly trust Beth. He probably feels she'll reject him but she just may surprize him.
RosieAnnieUSA chapter 9 . 2/6/2013
Poor Heyes, and poor Beth. I think this chapter shows Heyes is basically a decent man. He doesn't want to hurt Beth's feelings, and he doesn't want to lie to her. Unfortunately, his past is still an obstacle. So sad!
Penski chapter 9 . 2/5/2013
What an emotional chapter for Heyes and Beth! Heyes is gaining back his confidence, but still is worried about the dangers around him (especially without his partner to watch his back). Beth is being seductive and is in love... with Joshua Smith. Would she be in love with Hannibal Heyes? Just enough description so we could picture what was going on, but not too much to take away from the emotions.
laf1024 chapter 8 . 2/5/2013
So the man who saw him riding was a policeman, so Heyes suspicions were correct the guy recognized him. Good thing the other policemen think that Tryon is nuts and just seeing things. But Heyes is right to be careful and decided to head out west for the summer until things died down, it is a shame he has to give up the rides he loves so much out in Long Island. And it was smart to give Kid a heads up on things inside a hidden message telegram that he knew the Kid would understand.
Penski chapter 8 . 2/4/2013
OH YAY! A chapter with the Kid! And we know the man on Long Island was bad news. How clever of Heyes to tell the Kid a lot with just a few words in a telegram. So glad you gave us some news of Kid - so he has had to leave town quick several times. I was wondering. Curious too how Sheriff Wilde is "using" him. Will be happy when they're watching each other's backs again.
Friscogirl chapter 7 . 2/4/2013
Another thought...I'm sorry to think SHE thinks she would embarrass him! she's lovely in a very special way, and I hope Heyes understands that!V
Friscogirl chapter 7 . 2/4/2013
I love how Heyes enjoys her friendship. But goodness, where is this leading? Maybe Heyes should get the boring East Coast riding apparel for future rides?
laf1024 chapter 7 . 2/4/2013
That was such a sad story about how Beth lost her parents, only goes to show Heyes that he and the Kid weren't the only ones to lose loved ones in the war; it was a shame he wouldn't share with her his story but i could understand why especially now that he feels there is somebody watching him; could be a detective, bounty hunter or reporter. Also appreciate you adding the name of one of the greatest americans who i admire greatly( i don't have many but she is one) Miss. Clara Barton, the founder of the American Red Cross.