Reviews for No Mercy
Vick330 chapter 5 . 10/9/2002
The basic idea for this story, namely the 'virgin soreceress' bit, is really creative. You managed to convey the right tone of angst to the tale, and the ending is perfect IMO, as it leaves something to the reader's imagination. IMO, an epilogue wouldn't add to the story, but that's your choice.
Vick330 chapter 4 . 10/9/2002
Nice work with depictions, they set the right mood and are quite elegant (ex.: Rinoa's discomfort while captive). The whole is consistent and builds up well to its conclusion.
Vick330 chapter 3 . 10/9/2002
Fujin's weapon is a good idea, and the way she's acting clearly indicates the turmoil inside her. Rinoa seems too cowardly though, which is inconsistent with the way she acted in the game.
Vick330 chapter 2 . 10/9/2002
Great development of the plot, and the characters' personalities are consistent with the game's. The situation with Fujin is certainly intriguing.
Vick330 chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
Interesting start, and the narrative is precise & effective. The cliffhanger at the end is really good, and it incites the reader to want to know more. I would just 'air out' the text more, as right now it's rather 'bulky', and that might turn potential readers away - remember that presentation is important, and an pleasant to see text has more chances to be given a chance.
RobertDogwood chapter 5 . 9/17/2002
OMG! X, that was extraordinary, brilliant, so well written, very imaginative, the characters were completely valid to the game, and extremely well crafted. I am honored to have this on my web page. As far as me and the epilogue - go for it.
RobertDogwood chapter 4 . 8/13/2002
Oh what a great fic! And I can't even keep up with the rate you are writing on these fics. This chapter was a great juxtaposition between Squall and Seifer - extremely well done. I'm sure that's mispelled but I'm too lazy to look it up. I always told Rinoa to let go of that virginity - haha! Sorry, I just had to say that. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
RobertDogwood chapter 3 . 8/7/2002
Oh, this is so good. I could go on for a while with everything that I like about it, but I thought the weapon shop was great and very thoughtful. The Seifer and Rinoa scenes were highly effective. Squall takes charge - alright! And battling entities - wow. The writing has remained crisp and the dialogue effective. The choice is Deling is perfect.
RobertDogwood chapter 2 . 8/7/2002
OMG! Xu's been murdered. I never saw that coming. This is such a great story. The plot alone would keep me reading, much less the fine writing and everyone's character being congruent. I know that sounds vague, but you know what I mean. They act like themselves. Great job.
RobertDogwood chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
Oh man - that was excellent! Lord have mercy. You were giving me goose bumps all the way through it. I saw you had at least two more chapters up. I hope you're going to continue writing this even though I saw no one was reviewing. Your choice of Xu is wonderful. I have always been intriqued by her. I'm going to turn some people on to this fic, I think that highly of it. Just a wonderful job on any number of levels.