Reviews for The Colours We Wear
Ars Arpadok chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
A lovely in depth look at the aftermath of that episode. It's so nice to have the moments you hear about in commentaries fleshed out. I especially like your portrayal of Wolffe as more emotional, controlled and only really open with Boost and Sinker which is understandable but emotional. Nicely done.
reulte chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
The definition and character of a man in less than 1500 words. Truly excellent as a defining moment.
laloga chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Wow. Just...wow.

Absolutely stunning piece. I'm blown away by the poignancy of the depth and richness of Wolffe's character that you've captured so well. Love the outward simplicity of this moment - deciding on what color to paint his new kit - but the true meaning behind his decision is so compelling and heartfelt.

This was incredible: *What he felt like was the sky of Kamino, just before it began to rain again after a brief appearance of the sun. He felt grey and blue with the melancholy of his loss.* Just loved how you connected this moment back to Kamino; at this point, the war is still kind of new and Wolffe himself - while he is a commander - hasn't yet seen much more of it than the shinies who'll be joining him on the battlefield, so this was a marvelous way to show how he came across that choice of color.

*It just seemed…disloyal somehow, to simply fill the empty spaces left behind with new men, who knew nothing of those they had been sent to replace. And if there was one thing Commander Wolffe was not, it was disloyal.* Sigh. So good. Absolutely amazing character moment for Wolffe; so often we think of clone loyalty as being to those in command, so this is a wonderful reminder that this soldier's loyalty is to the men serving under him, the men he calls "brothers."

Loved the moment with Sinker and Boost at the end. Wolffe getting to "pass on" his decision to them was a great way to share what he'd learned, and spread the idea of loyalty to one another among his men, especially to the new ones who will be joining, soon.

Cannot say enough good things about this piece. Wolffe has become one of my favorite characters, and you've just captured him so, perfectly well. This was such a joy to read. Bravo to you! :D
spikala chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Wolffe is a bit neglected on FFN, so it was great to find another Wolffe-fic and one so well done too!

This was a really nice missing moment from the series. I really felt for Wolffe and how he's missing his men whilst at the same time knowing there was nothing he could've done and they were doing their jobs. This line in particular, "He turned away from the viewport, no longer able to look at the stars.", was just so sad :'(

And this line-"The 104th is based on loyalty and that loyalty should extend past the living."-was just lovely. For all his (understandable!) scowling at Threepio, you've really brought out the soldier behind the scowl and fancy armour and just fleshed him out wonderfully.

Well done on this, I very much enjoyed reading it.