Reviews for He Chooses!
SecondSeraphim chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
THAT was a good story. Way to go.
DanP1187 chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Great story. I love a happy ending. _
Turel chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Even when my review is late, I like this fic and when you say you are working on a sequel, which I had not read yet, I have to make this review NICE
Little Washu chapter 1 . 8/13/2002
I loved it. Can't wait for the sequel
dennisud chapter 1 . 8/11/2002
Hi, again and to SPR, an nice reply and I aplaud you for it.

Now I am also a lover of anime's especially Tenchi in particuler. You point of a story developing and as long as it started with the characters in canon I agree with wholeheartedly.

But, as some stories go things change dramatically, or as in many stories Tenchi "Finally" chooses.

These type of stories usually then jump off of the established canon simply because they were set to go in a different direction originally. I know of now better example that the "No Need for Tenchi" Manga series which was put out by the company who makes the original anime. That series diverges just after the 6th episode from the Tenchi Muyo Continuity.

So, as I'm sure you can agree we now have 2 continuities, not to mention the 2 TV series, and the three movies. Counting GXP, and the Pretty Sammy OVA and series that's what, 10 separate continuities from which to write from. Your own namesake never appeared in any of the Animes, yet she is an established and well loved character in the Tenchi Fan fiction community. All I'm trying to say is that we all have a differeing view of Tenchi, the girls and their futures. That's the fun of writing these stories so we can all show the multitude of possibilities, including your own I might add.

All I'm saying is be as objective and helpful in your reivews so we get better stories, not a singular view applied to stories that should be nurtured and not set upon because of our differing views.

I hope you take this as what it is, advice and a discussion on your view of this type of story.

Well, I'd better be quiet or Tex will come after me with an Angry Washu and you and I could end up kappas!

Bye, dennisud
Space Pirate Minagi chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
dennisud, what you seem to be failing to understand is that my distaste for Tenchi/Ryoko/Ayeka romances has as much to do with how OOC they require all 3 characters to be as it does with my personal opinions about polygamy & my preference for Tenchi/Ryoko.

I don't know about the rest of you, but reason I read Tenchi fanfiction is the same as the reason I love the anime: I love the characters. And as such, I like to read fanfiction where the characters behave in ways that would be plausible were the fanfic actually part of the series. If a fic were written where Tenchi marrying both Ryoko and Ayeka is actually a natural and believable progression from the series, via character development within the fic, well, I can't say I'd *like* it, but I wouldn't feel the need to bash it for being OOC. OOC-ness is okay *if* it comes from the characters changing as their lives progress. The characters aren't static in the anime, so there's no reason they need to be in a fanfic. However, when a fanfic just alters the characters right out of the gate, rather than having their changes come over the course of the fic, I consider it bad writing. That's the difference between fanfic and original fiction. In original fiction, you can create the characters to fit the story, if you wish to do so. In fanfiction, however, the characters have already been created, and therefore a good fic requires you to shape your story to fit the established characters, not the other way around.
dennisud chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
This is to Space Pirate Minagi. Sorry to use your forum Tex.

We are all lucky to live in a country that allows all types of opinions including you obvious dislike of having Tenchi marry both girls.

Now if you go back and check the authors that you have constantly told that having this trio together is not a good idea have also written stories that focus on one of the girls getting Tenchi. Most have been Tenchi/Ryoko stories with some Tenchi/Ayeka as well. Now If you want to review the structure and characterization then that's OK, and you are right on some of the OOCness in this story, and for that matter, my stories as well, since most have him getting both girls. But I as an author as well as I'm sure some others would like your opinion on the quality of the story. If it was good or if it sucked!

Now given that, please give those who pair up characters with Tenchi that may not be what you agree with.

I have a Tenchi/Kiyone, and Tenchi/ Mihoshi/Kiyone story in my head, but I also have another Tenchi/Ryoko one too.

All I'm saying is give all the authors a break, and since we clearly know your preference here, then all I ask is review objectively.

dennisud.

Please, if you have a problem with this review, don;t bother the author, just e-mail me and We can discuss it.
Space Pirate Minagi chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
As I've mentioned before, I find the idea of Tenchi wanting to marry both Ryoko and Ayeka to be highly implausible, and the two of them going along with it to be even moreso. I think Dark Jezter gave the best depiction of what Ryoko's likely response would be in his fic "Irreconcilable Differences" ( . ?storyid838705 ), and it's also the only fic I've seen where the author seems to understand the true nature of Azusa's multiple-wives arrangement, and thus why a similar arrangement is NOT the solution to the "who should Tenchi choose" dilemma. However, the one thing I think Jezter got wrong was Ayeka's reaction: I think she'd be equally insistant that Tenchi either be with her alone or not be with her at all, regardless of her parents' situation.

In short, I find Tenchi's proposal & Ryoko's response to it to be extremely OOC, and while Ayeka's initial reaction is pretty much on-target, having her back down from that position is not.
XxStarDustxX chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
That was really cool I like! Please continue soon!
Some.Random.Person.Here chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
Why are you doing this? Don't do both of them! You're good at Tenchi and Ryoko. Don't do both anymore, or I'll just not read it.
Joe Suell chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
I know it has been done before, but you did it well. I'm sure their fights are not completely over. I also can't wait to find out how furious the Yazusah will be. Keep it up, and arrigato for a good story.
dennisud chapter 1 . 8/5/2002
A different angel to your other story.

Oh I so love this trio coming together.

It reminds me of that Excellent poster from the first Tenchi in love movie poster with all three of them, With Tenchi in the middle.

I'm also reminded that you have thie story based on the second movie (With Mayuka) While she's not mentioned in the other story.

Two views to a similar story.

Oh, I can't wait to see what comes next!

Finally, you are getting Washu and Katsuhito(Yousho) together in at least one of the stories, right?

dennisud