Reviews for The Return
MagicalSocks chapter 35 . 8/13
I stopped reading this fic around the time Haven ended, not because your writing was bad just because that whole season was too bizarre to handle. I'm really glad I came back to this after seeing the email updates! I reread it from the beginning. I love all the incredibly sweet moments you packed in with Nathan and Audrey. I think my brain will always replace how the show ended with your story. It's much better
LoveNeverFails01 chapter 35 . 7/31
Wow. This was an amazing fanfic. Truly. The best one I've read for any fanfiction ever. You seriously have a gift. You're an incredible writer. I really wish this was how everything turned out in the show. Thank you so much for writing this. It was the perfect amount of angst and fluff. I always wish they would have put more fluff in the show. And you included James! I was so disappointed when the show didn't do anything with him after season 3. It was like James who? And I love that you made Audrey and Nathan solve the troubles by getting married and all the background that went into the troubles instead of there being a Mara. Again, thank you for writing and finishing this. I know it sounds weird, but it means a lot to me that you had Audrey and Nathan have a lot of good moments even when things were constantly falling apart.
Anne-Lilian chapter 8 . 3/27
Okay, so far this story is both adorably sweet and a little heartbreaking, but I absolutely love it. I look forward to reading the rest!
KayeHillson chapter 20 . 2/18
Even now in 2017 I like your version soooo much better!
Guest chapter 35 . 7/15/2016
I really enjoyed this.
1luvgsr chapter 35 . 4/4/2016
I absolutely love this story, probably one of my fav Naudrey stories! It's beautiful, intense and well written.
Maria chapter 11 . 12/20/2015
Nervous to press the next chapter, even though I vaguely recall what's going to happen. I absolutely loved the Audrey/James bonding in this chapter though; so ridiculously sweet. And this little bit made me actually laugh out loud:

I wasn't supposed to let it get turned into a cocoon and then have Nathan cut me out of it either, but that happened. Marge'll get over it."

"What?"
Maria chapter 10 . 12/20/2015
I knew this chapter was coming and it makes me emotional even though I remembered it was coming. The way you write Nathan in the voicemails kills me and makes my heart hurt- especially the one where he's talking about one Guardsmen holding a gun to his head. Chills. Honest to god chills. And I absolutely love how Audrey immediately goes for him after that, since she wants to make sure he knows she's here to stay. So beautifully written, and so emotionally raw and pure.

Not to mention I liked seeing a bit of Jealous! Nathan in the start, because that's always fun.
Maria chapter 9 . 12/20/2015
Just finished this chapter and it was so great! Lemme just say the whole "We are not making out here"/"We are so making out here" scene was so hilarious and cute bc I can totally imagine Nathan and Audrey having that conversation- it reminds me of that scene from 2x12. And gosh, Sarah's letter was so beautifully written, I'm stunned. I like that Duke is truly living up to the fun uncle role, and James seems to be a bit more comfortable with Audrey. Anyway, here were some of my favorite lines/bits of dialogue:

My father is probably rolling in his grave," he finally said.

"Rattling in his cooler?" she shot back, unable to help herself.

~

"We have to go to the Gull for lunch. Duke's bored."

"Well let me drop this and get my running shoes," he deadpanned.

~

"Thanks for lunch," she told Duke, piling her silverware and napkin on her plate and then stacking that plate on Nathan's.

"Thanks for crying and making out with Nathan right in front of us."

~

Because Sarah may have had a man who loved her and a child she remembered, but Audrey Parker had a family.
Maria chapter 6 . 12/20/2015
I'm currently re-reading this beautiful fic all in one sitting bc I'm still so conflicted as to how I feel about the series finale and goshhhh, it's just made me miss your writing so much! This line was one I loved oh so much:

"She'd always hated the cliché about butterflies in people's stomachs but she remembered this very cab filled with butterflies. The way their wings fluttered, erratic and dangerous, was exactly how she felt."

I really hope inspiration strikes you again for writing some Haven fic, Peacockgirl! Preferably some super long case fic involving a slow burn between this two. ;) I've missed ya!
Guest chapter 35 . 12/6/2015
Loved this story :)
SapphireShelle91 chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
This is my third time reading this fic and I'm still bitter about this not being season 4's actual story-line. I've gotten so much more out of this fanfic than season 4 ever gave me. Which is why (and I'm not sure if this is becoming a tradition or not) as I have now watched the season 3's final (yet again), I'm re-reading this instead of jumping into watching season 4, which is what I did the last time I read this fantastic story. Don't get me wrong, there were some really good moments in season 4 (including a certain deleted scene involving pancakes) but overall it left me even more frustrated than those mid-season 3 episode.
You are a very talented write and this story hits all the points that I so desperately want/wish the series would include/mention. Yes, Mara is a clever idea but your backstory for how Audrey's circle of lives began is just so much more heartbreaking and I guess closer to what I originally believed was the start/cause of Audrey's origin. And you have James. My biggest issue with season 4 (beside from the whole Audrey pretending to Lexi and acting awful to Nathan and all the other added angst) was that James was so utterly forgotten in it. I hear that he comes back in season 5b (please, please let this be true) but I'm still disappointed by the lack of mention by any of the characters in season 4.
Anyway, once again you are extremely talented and your fanfic is awesome! This is and always will be, to me, season 4.
MsTiggy chapter 35 . 7/29/2015
WOW! This story was so good! I love what you did with the backstory about the troubles and Audrey's history. Very cool and totally made everything make sense.

The Audrey/Nathan love story was perfect and fluffy and made me feel all gooey inside.

I hope you continue to write! You have a great voice and are an amazing writer.
LillyHalliwell chapter 35 . 6/28/2015
This story was amazing! I'm so happy the troubles ended without one of them being absolutely miserable.
LillyHalliwell chapter 34 . 6/28/2015