Reviews for Perry Mason TCOT Missed Chance
Gail chapter 6 . 1/22
Way to wrap everything up and thanks for the explanation of the money because that has always bothered me. Time After Time is my fav standard and it IS P/D. Adored them falling asleep on one another ha! Love scene was so dear and it was pretty hot too.
Gail chapter 5 . 1/22
Sweet, hot. My poor Della in the cocktail lounge, the cuddling, his hand on her hip and her sassy repartee. So well done. I always say this but Hale/Burr jump off the page in character when I read your stuff and much as I like a lot of the other FF no one else can do that for me. I don't know about him carrying her because I think he'd have a heart attack but dam- I LOVE that passionate scene and after.
Gail chapter 4 . 1/22
Love the music choices again, just perfect for them and the moments. You're great with details and the little nuances. I totally get what you were doing with the story and how they ran away from one another but it's a bit forced. Since I'm your biggest fan ;) I hope that you don't mind me saying that. I mean I get it and part of it is really smart, the turn of what Trisha Faulkner did but still rings a bit off to me.
Gail chapter 3 . 1/22
Beautifully written. I like the way you're tying things up, the Gordon family, the heavy press scrutiny, you give the lines from the movie context, her anger, no one walks in LA ha! You do have to wonder about that half a mill. I mean the kids each got 4 mill and Della got that much! Makes you wonder.
Gail chapter 2 . 1/22
I absolutely love both the way you describe Perry so unhappy in SF and the portrait of them growing older, apart and as friends. More perfect music, although I like Clooney's version better but I'm assuming this is a timing issue. Then the way they reach one another, she has to shout and he has to coo, brilliant.
Gail chapter 1 . 1/22
As I await more Junior and Admirer, I was looking through your stories and I don't know how I missed this incredibly poignant take on the 8 years. I read Evil Eight, which I loved. But this idea of them never having been together (because it is a possibility as much as we P/D shippers don't want to admit it) until Returns is wonderful. This chapter nearly killed me. I cried for her. Between the watch, leaving the two glasses, the tape, the lipstick on her glass and her pain. That song is one of my very favorites and so perfect. Thanks for this.
DNPLC chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
Many apologies. I had fixed that AND the spacing AND a couple of other editorial issues I found. As a professional journalist/editor I assure you that these mistakes are driving me to distraction. But the changes refused to "save" and every time I try to fix the issues it just won't take. Believe me, I am aware and much more aggravated by it than you are! LOL! But thanks for mentioning.
And thanks everyone for the nice comments! I'm sorry the last 3 chapt's were a day later than I had hoped...xo :)
Guest chapter 4 . 1/31/2013
Gary and Beverly, Gary and Virginia...

This is not to pick on you, but many writers seem to have the same issue. Having the story proofread, edited, checked for spelling and grammar only makes a good story better.
murphycat chapter 6 . 1/31/2013
Adorable! I loved the romance of waiting almost 40 years, but it's still so sad that they missed out due to pride and, well, fear. But it's the end that matters, a happy ending. Good work.
murphycat chapter 5 . 1/31/2013
LOL! Finally! Whew! :)
MADHack22 chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Without a doubt my favorite story. Quite well-written. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Looking forward to reading the others you have published, and those you will publish in the future.
StartWriting chapter 6 . 1/31/2013
Oh my, I have enjoyed it. Looking forward to more from you... Thanks for posting!
tengland2 chapter 6 . 1/31/2013
Nicely done giving away what she got from Aruther Gordon, surprised by Perry's admission that he had chose to leave her everything years earlier. Glad Paul left them alone at the house. Della just doing what she does best, by getting their lives back in order. Perry seemed a bit surprised. Gertie wanting to rejoin them as well. Finally got them into bed together as lovers.
tengland2 chapter 5 . 1/31/2013
Finally got it figured out. Jr. thought he knew it all about them. He found out alot about them in a short time. Can't blame Della for making Perry eat the coconut chocolates. Not crazy about coconut myself. Nicely done.
tengland2 chapter 4 . 1/31/2013
Can't blame Perry for refusing. They tried to help, the couple and the press certainly didn't help. Perry would always protect or atleast try to protect Della. Nicely done.