Reviews for Illusions of Grandeur
DaSalvatore chapter 6 . 8/8/2018
I've tried reading this numerous times but I keep getting stuck around this point. For all of Harry's flashy exploits, he's not really shown himself to be powerful or smart.

Oh sure, I'm not expecting him to be throwing out curses left and right but the story is so much retelling of the show that Harry isn't given anything to do to, aside from basic cameos even when he's the main character. And that's another issue, despite this being about Harry in the SP world, the story makes a classic mistake in not changing cannon aside from small things.

You have a paragraph saying how Harry rails against a version of fate yet is only a side-character in the seals being broken or anything else that's happening with the Winchesters. If Harry, the main character, doesn't care about Sam and Dean then the only reason the reader would is due to being Supernatural fans. But that goodwill only goes so far. This story gives the reader no reason to care about the events of the brothers nor a reason why Harry is apart from "he doesn't know why but..."
Hmason chapter 6 . 8/2/2018
good cause "Canon" harry pisses me off
justlovereadin chapter 7 . 6/25/2018
this shit is the laziest type of fanfic just rewrite the origional story and throw in an extra character who changes nothing
Guest chapter 6 . 6/8/2018
Why is Harry so weak
ShadowingTheDarkness chapter 22 . 5/28/2018
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
JanusGodOfPossibilities chapter 9 . 4/10/2018
Excellent chapter. 4,000/10

For some reason I have this image of Harry getting fed up with storage centers/facilities and setting up a system somewhat like Warehouse 13.
Godogma chapter 32 . 4/6/2018
So my main question is ... why was Harry who is by all means a powerful wizard acting like an idiot and not making use of his resources in the last portion of this story? He's acting like someone from Supernatural and frankly they're mostly all retards.

He could have set up defenses to hide his people better and make things play out much more in the favor of humanity... Hell he could have made a bloody portkey (or dozens of them) and threw it/them at Lucifer with distractions...

Why was he acting like one of the bloody Winchesters instead of utilizing magic in a remotely effective way? HP Magic has one of the broadest if not deepest spell repertoires available in most fiction and yet he didn't use it.
warmsundae chapter 18 . 3/3/2018
i wish you didnt sometimes make other characters do dumb ooc things to make Harry look better. other than that, your pacing is really nice. there's a nice balance of action and interesting scenes.
craaazyaboutMalfoy chapter 6 . 12/12/2017
I'm only on chapter 5, and I'm totally enjoying this fic.
However, I noticed one glaring inconsistencyEllen is the one who identifies Harry for the Winchesters, back in the beginning. But at this town with War, she doesn't recognise him at all, even when he plainly tells her his name.
It probably doesn't matter to the big picture, but I just thought I should point that out. I love your version of Harry, though, though I still don't get why he went to hell.
suziq968 chapter 14 . 11/6/2017
Allons-y is the bestest.
suziq968 chapter 10 . 11/6/2017
Wow, and I thought the convention episode couldn't get anymore awkward. I was so wrong. Poor Harry, that was just icky. I greatly appreciate your work on the backstory to get to this point. I really got a little nauseous reading Becky's dialogue. Very good job on the creep factor.
suziq968 chapter 3 . 11/6/2017
Loving the story so far and very relieved to hear of the lack of slash. Your a/n was very amusing also. It's VERY difficult to find stories in this genre without slash. Someone's writing one where Harry is like five and can see Gabriel who is intrigued with super comedic possibilities but it's only two chapters so I was looking for something in that vein to tide me over, so not happening. So, thanks for this so far it's great.
mckertis chapter 2 . 10/18/2017
You know what ? This REALLY DOES reads like an episode of Supernatural ! Just as vapid and hamster-wheely.
bkjar chapter 22 . 9/12/2017
Aw :(:(
CrypticSilhouette chapter 13 . 9/4/2017
I really do like this story but for all that you 'say' that Harry is some powerful, fear inducing... being, he doesn't much live up to your hype. To be fair, though, that's most of the characters in supernatural, anyway.

"Oh, I could annihilate you with a snap of my fingers... But I'm going to fistfight with you instead."
1,256 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »