Reviews for Never Alone
Alexis 234 chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
i love ziva
GretaJ chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I love him following her, checking up on her and making sure of her safety and sanity. And I love that you gave them some time before tumbling into bed together-a much more natural progression of events as I see Gibbs as just too honor-bound to allow their relationship to be built on grief.
Michi-Gibbs chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
LOVE IT! Awesome, really good work, as always.
Funny line, and so truth! "Yeah, but I'm covered by Rule 51" :D
ZivaFan2481 chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
I would really like to give you a valid excuse as to why I haven't reviewed but it is just that I have been busy and tired. Not good reasons especially because I have read this story at least four times.
On that note, I really love this story. Bringing these two together in her time of need was amazing. And the fact that he shared his own story to try to help her heal was really touching and brought out their vulnerable sides.
Of course Gibbs would know when his Ziver needed him without her asking. And poor Ziva, blaming herself for things that were out of her control. Although, I am glad that something good could come out of something bad.
This was really a great story. Can't wait for Waves of Grace.
abstractartist chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
This one just came up and whacked you a good one, hmmm? Well, I'm very glad it did! That closing shot of Ziva at the end of "Shabbat Shalom" in the olive grove was gorgeous, wasn't it?

Lots of vulnerability in this one, hmm? Appropriately so given Ziva's loss and Gibbs' fear of losing her, for good this time. I'm still waiting for Israel to come calling in the show.

"That would be a dream come true, not a punishment." This was such a serious fic, but this had me rolling! I could so appreciate the lack of filter here; who of us doesn't wish we could call back something that just slipped out of our mouths? It was a fortuitous slip, though – Gibbs was going to be all stoic. Seriously... you don't fly away from the job that you never miss a day from for someone that isn't extraordinarily special – particularly in a place where you're not overly welcome. ;)

"I swear to you that I tried not to be," – I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sad about this. If you think about it, this would be almost eight years of suppressing feelings. She's got strength and perseverance, that is for sure.

"But still, he knew she deserved for him to try." A few simple words... 'I love you'.

Why did I highlight this? It's such a simple sentiment, but Gibbs has known that women have deserved much more from him for ages. His willingness to do this now for Ziva should definitely show her – that and the long plane ride. ;) She also deserves it because I'm sure, in her mind, she feels very alone. Regardless of her final words to her father, Eli was still that... her father, and the last member of her family. I'm glad you included this, and showed his growth.

This was a beautiful one shot. I, of course, am playing out in my mind the eventual reveal to the team after they find out. You know it's my dream story... Gibbs having to come clean with a realistic rendition of him breaking his own most sacred rule. I really don't believe Tony would take it well, for many reasons – but that is another story. This one was a welcome escape from an extraordinarily stressful few weeks. :D

Can't wait to see what other stories are whacking you upside the head. Now hurry back ZC!

AA
ABC123ZXY chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Excellent! Really enjoyed reading this. You stayed in character and I saw that every step of the way. Wish it was not just a one-shot, yet it is wonderful as it is.

Congrats on this great piece of work,
A Fan
mamaduck1870 chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
This is one of the best things I have ever read in my entire life! I am so impressed by this story, it's one of my all time favorites for Zibbs. Thank you for writing it so beautifully!
iwannagibbs chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Lovely! Very well done and just what I needed before bed! Thanks for sharing.
KoteDiM chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I gotta tell you.. I've always been a big fan of your writing, but you've really outdone yourself with this one. If FF had a list called Favourite faves, this story would be aaall the way at the top. It's a short list, and it's just in my mind, but you get the picture. When you read a lot (!) of fanfics, the list of faves become long, but in your head there's always gonna be those stories you don't suddenly remember you faved when you look though the list - but the ones that really stand out.
This is one of those few for me : )
Wow.. Wall of text to say that. But I think the same about your writing as always, and it's Gibbs and Ziva. What's not to love?
Comments specific to this story... You found a way to communicate "the usual fanfic stuff" without corny-ness and too much fluff. Nicely done. That's a big trap. I always fall in, myself ;
Oh, and nice with a "relevant" scenario. Damn, you're fast : p
Longest review from me ever is hereby done.
Hugs from Denmark
LauraEve24 chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Multiple bear hugs coming your way! I loved it. I'm so glad that you decided to write this. I told you after 10x11 that I thought you should write something...and boy did ya. So many good parts but some I really loved were "You're not lost. I found you. I'll always find you." and "How about some company?" he offered. "Promise not to talk,"...
Ziva snorted gently in amusement.
"Then we may have the quietest trip on record," ...haha that made me laugh and of course the whole last part from him coming onto her room to the end. Just love it my friend, your stories are such a gift to me. Thanks for sharing with us ... Much hugs
Kesterpan chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Well done! One thing I love about this story is that you addressed Ziva's feelings about Jackie's death, something that was so obviously missing in the show. Beautiful job addressing the emotional conflicts of an inherently strong woman with a vulnerable side. I was sort of amused that neither Gibbs nor Ziva realized that his following her to Israel was an overt declaration of love. :) Just goes to show how smart people can be blinded by their own insecurities!
marianne chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Oh, beautiful and very romantic. thanks for sharing.
dolphinsiren is me chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Really beautiful !
SexinSatin chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Oh my that was delightful and unexpected. Much needed after a rough couple of weeks. So much I love about this one.

The dialogue and internal thought was very well done. Thank you Thank you.

Kat
Bamacrush chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Loved this. So touching, emotional and tender.
*chants* More, more, more!
I love your one-shots, shocking as they are LOL