Reviews for This Time, For Sure
Insanity Studios Ink chapter 1 . 6/15/2015
It was beautiful! We saw the whole movie from Hiccup's point of view, so it was nice to have it from Astrid's view.
J. S. Theios chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
Wow this was awesome! It was amazing! You should totally continue this! I'm so mad I just got to this now... But it was amazing! And that little sentence in the author note "hiccup single handily discovered physics" I broke out laughing in my architecture class and Dr. Stevens looked at me and is like "something funny Mr. S. (Not going to put my last name)" and I'm like "no Dr. Stevens I was just laughing at how the aerial view of the bridge in my design looks like a smily face" and so he came up to my desk and looked and laughed as well hahah it did look like a smiley face though hahah but this was amazing and I can't wait to read more of your stories! Ugh you are fucking amazing! Like ugh! You are amazing! I love your writing style! Have a great day Hun! - Mysterious
TheOrichalconThief chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
Now what an accurate depiction of Astrid's thoughts and sentiments during this whole kidnapping scene. You described her having a suppressed, mild interest in Hiccup and how her anger and suspicion turned into awe and admiration as well as respect. I always do contemplate how Astrid felt throughout it all, and this puts it into words pretty accurately. Thank you for this master-piece of emotions and in-sight. Totally made my evening.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
She has a crush alright. hmhmm
a fan chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Your httyd stories, especially this one and your beginnings to a sequel, do not get nearly enough credit. You nail the characterization of Astrid, and it's great to see your writing quality match your level of characterization. Thank you for this great work, and your other httyd fics!
thattallgirl21 chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
That was great!
Very in-character.
Eienvine chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Love it! I think you captured Astrid really well.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
good
Mikazuki Mitsukai chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Yup, we didn't credit him enough. He is AWESOME!

Out of many fanfics retelling the flight scene, I think this one is the best. Very little tampering with the actual scene, yet it tells a lot of things. And I can SO imagine those thoughts walking through Astrid's mind during the flight.

Dude, you made one hell of an author! :D
Frostbite Brandson chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I really liked it
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Dude, that was an awesome story. Nice to see Astrid's thinking change over such a short period of time.
And I agree, that Hiccup is a genius. And a total badass.
peacelight24 chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I can honestly say that I really liked this. You do Astrid very well, and I was really impressed with how well you connected the internal thoughts to the dialouge. Its waaaaaaaay harder than it should be. At least for me. I have a tenency to run off on completely different trains of thought and forget to finish the conversation. Oh well. Its good to know that SOMEONE can do it riight.

By the way, I totally agree with your literature vs. Film argument. However, film does have other advantages, like being able to explore other parts of the plot without switching persectives every three paragraphs. Also, you can explore other characters with more accuracy. Just like with Astrids preception of Hiccups reaction to her kiss, in reality (or what passes for it in n animated kids movie about dragons) it was much different. That saaid, I still prefer literature.

Also, what you said about Hiccup being a genius, I totally agree. He's not just smart, he's the Norse version of Einstein. Heh, heh...they should put that on a HTTYD t-shirt...

Ok, bad joke. I'm going to FINALLY stop talking (geez, i dont usually leave reviews this long). Thanks for writing, and I hope whatever bad news that made you watch the movie in the first place gets resolved soon.

Peace out
sakuradancer3 chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Fantastic. I'm reviewing because you didn't beg for one, lol. I'd love to read some more like this. :-)
Vondrakenhof chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Wow. This is one of the better fics involving Astrid's thought process for these scenes. I applaud you.

Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
This was awesome! If you decide to continue, I'll totally read it!