Reviews for Annie, Annie, Are You Okay?
waikiki23 chapter 1 . 1/28
Oh my god I laughed so hard when I read this! I love it! Great story!
BBecker chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Don't worry about historical accuracy here - I just enjoyed the usual barbs exchanged between Chet and Johnny. And the knowledge that those two will eventually be responsible for cleaning Annie afterwards is no less amusing. (-:
Washingtonmyhome chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
How ironic, to use the song "Stayin' Alive", since that's what they're trying to do. But "Another One Bites The Dust"? Actually, the references in the other reviews to "Another One Bites The Dust" reminds me of a story one of my coworkers at a job I used to work with told me. She was driving in Spokane in a minivan with a group of teenagers when that song came on the radio, and the kids were singing along to the song when they got stopped by a red light. The light was next to a funeral home, and a service had just finished with people getting out. My coworker told me that the people who had attended the funeral were giving the occupants of the van dirty looks and she was really embarrassed and wanting the light to change, but it was taking forever to do so.

My initial thought, too, when I read the part where Chet is singing was that he was just being a smart aleck (As usual!). Nothing to do with the rythym of the song helping to keep him on pace. Just being a wise guy.

A nice funny little story.
2TCRoll chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
OK! That's SO FUNNY!
inatepaz chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
My husband is a paramedic and also instucts CPR. They sing Queen's some "Another one Bites the Dust". Thanks for the fun story we were both laughing.
ploring chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
As usual you provide awesome entertainment! Just finished reading your stories (yes, all!) and enjoyed all of them. Thank you for taking the time to share your talents with us! Looking forward to the wind up of The Edge.
Dianne chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Like all of your stories, I have enjoyed this one very much. I appreciate the time you take in research and making your stories easily readable with very little or no grammatical errors. That's not an easy feat. I went through lifeguard training so this story was especially fun for me. We didn't have resuscitation dolls, however and I can't lie and say I was sad about that because we had cute boys in the class as artificial resuscitation partners. They were easily cleaned with toothpaste, LOL! And yeah, no one thought of communicable diseases while training back then. That will tell you how old I am. Hm, funny though, there was a whole chart of health reasons why people could be excluded from swimming; scary. This story reminds me that I am woefully behind the times as far as techniques. I should upgrade. I don't work as a life guard but it might be good to do that anyway. Thanks for writing!
The Delirium Threemen chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Unfortunately I can't give out prizes, DixieDavenport. ;-)

However, yes this was based/inspired/challenged on a picture and it shows two firefighters doing CPR on a doll with one doing compressions and the other with the head doing breathing. The caption on this picture read: "It's Fine. We Still Got This"
DixieDavenport chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
LOL I loved it! I have taken several CPR classes that ref to the use of "Stayin' Alive" as an aid to keep time.

I have also been in circumstances that even in a real emergency, where professionals (NOT paid EMT or Paramedic but paid professionals) tended to have some really unprofessional conversaions. Call it stress relief, or bad humor but it happens. At least when the paramedics arrived they assured us that we had been doing our all to insure the patients well being. They could tell by their readings and the patients reactions that we did a good job even though it was our first time actually ever doing CPR.

It reminds me of something I saw on the internet and was actually thinking the writer may have seen it. It was a picture of firefighters doing CPR on a headless Annie at a mock car wreck scene. The caption read something like, "It's alright. We have everything under control. We're professionals."
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
THIS IS GOING IN MY FAVORITES FOR SURE! This was definitely a much-needed treat to read and I loved every minute of it. I will never hear "Stayin' Alive" without thinking of this. Is it scary that I can actually imagine John and Chet decapitating the rescue dummy like this? This could be an episode. Way too many laugh out loud lines to recount here, I'd be copying most of the story into the review box. Also love the information, I always learn something new whenever I read your stories.
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I'm really not sure what is the funniest here - the STORY itself, the NOTES on the story, or the enthusiastic REVIEWS of the story and the notes.

Excellent work all around!
Piscean6724 chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I'm still laughing! I could easily visualize this! Good job!
NineMilesNorth chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I can SO see the two of them taking their assigned 'halves' of Annie to their 'separate corners of the play pen' and each stubbornly continuing to do their portion of the ABCs of CPR glaring at each othe rth ewhole while. Only Chet and Johnny could take the concept of "two-man CPR" and turn it into an individual (competitive) sport.

I love the extra care you take with your research. It shines through all of your stories.

I will be smiling over this one for days.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I confess, when I first started reading I thought Annie was a real patient and my jaw dropped when Chet advised Johnny to "try not to slip her the tongue..." and then my brain spun (bicycle pump?)

Roy totally gets it right when he tells Captain Stanley that they can only be serious in a real emergency (in my head I heard the Emergency Broadcasting System recording ... "in the event of an *actual* emergency...")

I don't know many authors who can make me laugh until tears are ruining my mascara and teach me something at the same time. This was 'laugh so hard you snort' funny
KayEn78 chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
A hilarious read! I remember doing the CPR practices with "Annie." We first had them in Health class in high school (I graduated in 1997).

As usualy, your factoids are always very informative and useful.

Great job, as always!