Reviews for Caught up to Me
Mar chapter 1 . 9/8
1- it's Maguire, I'm sure.
2- cliff hanger! You can't stop here!
Captain Quirky chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Wow, this is wonderful! I really adore this story. It's intriguing and sad and I'd never considered this before. :O
2c chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
I've read a few where Kogoro ends up immune and plays along anyway, but this is an interesting twist.
CasperxDaisyxRa chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
That's sad, but true. This is going to happen one day.
sakura7432 chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
conan is not your fault is to invent it agase
oldspacecadet3 chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Thanks for looking into this aspect of the 'Sleeping Sleuth' presentation; I'm too much of a dummy to come up with plausible event paths that make sense to anyone else, even myself sometimes.

Considering his alcoholic history in the storyline, a check of his liver would be a definite test performed at the hospital as part of the preliminary examination - perhaps this would be a good time for them to discover that he has a certain stage of liver disease which, while not yet life-threatening, is certainly close enough to warrent close attention by the attending doctors.

In addition, a heart/lung examination would find some degree of heart disease and lung damage due to his constant smoking - again, not yet life-threatening, but still too close for comfort. Rachel mentioned that Richard should give up smoking during the animated episode 'Fame and Misfortune, parts 1 and 2', season five. This was the one where a famous actor killed his wife and framed a younger actor for the murder.

Also, his sleeping state turns out to actually be a form of drug-induced coma that developed over time due to the particular drug that Dr Agasa has been using (or possibly a combination of such); this possibility was hinted at fairly early in the series by Conan himself just before he shot Richard in one of the earlier anime episodes, I forgot exactly which one off the top of my head.

Because the doctors would be looking specifically for such a cause, they would likely find some residue or trace of degradation products left from the metabolic action or reaction between the drug and his body; this amount would be just outside the equipment's margin of error accuracy, which in any other test would be ignored or unreported.

I hope you're not considering this a one-shot, as it would be a very good story to develop at least 2 or 3 (and hopefully more) chapters further on - I like it a lot. Thank you for coming up with this idea.
Nika Corpus chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooobody cares!
Aniki-xvi chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Well THAT was bound to happen in the 600 something episodes and 840 something files! Shows you NEVER to underestimate chemicals!
CressidaRene chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Ooh, thank you for giving me a new story to add to my watch list! I think this story shows a lot of promise, and I admire the way you seem to be running with this idea as an actual story plot, rather than just a parody idea, as I've seen before. I could really see the accumulation of the anasthetic Richard regularly receives from Conan eventually causing some sort of health problem, but I also like the fact that you included the idea that Richard could also be ill from any number of other health issues, not the least of which could be caused by his alcoholism. Of course poor Conan will only think to blame himself for Richard's condition, regardless that he only did what he did out of absolute necessity.

Personally, I am of the opinion that Richard will eventually kill himself due to his willful drinking problem-he was told by a doctor to stay away from alcohol, and the doctor was lenient on him, telling him just to abstain for 6 months, to give his liver a rest, and Richard couldn't even do that. So whatever diretion you plan on taking your story, I'll be looking forward to reading it. But I hope that poor Conan won't bear the full weight of the blame for Richard's condition.