Reviews for In the Shadows
teddyandemily chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
[Because sweat slicked skin is better than jagged memories and anything is better than the pain.]

*dying*

I swear, Laura, if you start getting me breaking up my otp, I'll... I don't even know what I'll do... *sigh* I'm not very good at threatening... c_c

Anyway, I'm loving this (against my will) but I can't even help it.

-teddy
Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
What a beautiful sad story.

Second person worked perfectly for it.
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
this was awesss (short for awesome) because i could really focus on emotions this time, instead of the actual scene actions.
Cheeky Slytherin Lass chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
So dark, deep, and absolutely beautiful. I loved it. The atmosphere was brilliant. Forbidden, uncaring, needing, wanting. Perfect.

I don't even know where to start with this. Everything was just so absolutely wonderful and well written.

[You'll care. Later, you will care
that he is your brother. Later,
you will care that this is
wrongwrongwrong.] This sums up everything about incest fanfiction. And I love it. It's not just "We're related, but I wanna get with you, so it's okay.". It's "I need you. I shouldn't. I don't care right now, though." which is so real.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
LAURA! WHY? WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME? You just shatter me with angsty feels and it's too much. Too much, darling.

You know, I'm so glad that Paula got you into second person. I love when you write in second because I love second, and it just makes me happy.

RegulusSirius 'cest is just perfection here. You captured it so well. It hurts.

I really love how you keep repeating "wrong". It reminds me that they are wrong. "Wrong" brings me back from the depths of land of make-believe, where Regulus and Sirius love each other.

["You hardly know what's real, let alone what's right. /Except this. This, you know is wrong."] - This line just equals love, darling. LOVE. The fact that out of everything, he knows loving Regulus in any shape is wrong...there's no words to describe how wonderful that is.

["You forget what they tell you: worthless, useless, scum. You forget the pain of jagged wounds that stubbornly refuse to heal"] - As I've said in your Parvati/Lavender piece, the hurtful words never leave you and it's so terrible to think that those words never left Sirius - carefree Sirius. It just hurts my heart.

["You forget that you are a broken boy in a world that doesn't want you"] - THE WORLD WANTS YOU, SIRIUS! Remus and James want you! I promise, Sirius.

["Later, you will care. Right now, all you do is feel."] - this is just wonderful. How just being with Regulus makes him forget about the horrors of the world. It's so lovely.

I loved this. Simple as that!
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I am happy now that I can utter the sentence, "I have been gifted with incest." It's an odd sentence, almost never relevant, but it is a conversation starter, I'm sure. BUT SIRIUSREGULUS, LAURA. YOU KNOW HOW UNF THAT SHIP IS.

Firstly, second person is fabulous and you know it. You know you know it. I know you know you know it.

Secondly, asdfghjklg'ajdlghakabjgjk. [But you are full of fear you won't acknowledge and guilt you cannot accept and you are so, so used to ignoring what your conscience says, because your sense of right and wrong is so warped by them anyway that you aren't sure what to listen to anymore. You hardly know what's real, let alone what's right.] Um, gorgeous. Just poor Sirius, confused and lost, he's just so perfect. Not knowing what's real is just...yes.

[You'll care. Later, you will care that he is your brother. Later, you will care that this is wrongwrongwrong.

Right now, though, all you care about is him. The feel of his skin under under your fingertips, his lips against yours.]

You know what I've noticed? The way I think about (and subsequently ship) this pairing, is a very, very physical thing. Like they need each other /physically/ to distract them from the harsh realities of life, whereas with say, BillCharlie, incest happens because they truly care for one another. Just a thought, because those above lines really highlight that, methinks. That all Sirius can think of is his bother's touch, his brother's lips...you just live in my brain or something, don't you?

[You are hiding in his arms because he is familiar, because you aren't sure of much anymore but you're sure of him. He smells like Regulus, smells like home, and you lose yourself in the scent of him as his (too-)small hands slip your shirt over your head and the friction between you is enough to make you forget everything else.] I am practically quoting this whole thing. BUT IT'S JUST SO SIRIUSREGULUS, OKAY? Smells like home...why do those words hurt me so much all the damn time? They carry so much weight. And again, physicality and closeness rather than emotional needs, you write these two exactly as I imagine them.

[You forget that you are a broken boy in a world that doesn't want you, forget that the only people who care are too many miles away, forget that they do not see; you do not let them see. You forget everything but him, because you can. Because sweat slicked skin is better than jagged memories and anything is better than the pain.] Just perfection. Just, just /yes/.

AND DAT LAST SECTION. That feeling is enough - you see what I mean? This pairing is all about the reliance of physical distraction, of needing to feel close and connected to someone, of needing to be /loved/, rather than the typical secretly-in-love incest. (Typical incest? My brain is very, very warped.)

THANK YOU FOR THIS, BBY. You're awesome :3
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Poor poor Sirius...I wonder, did Regulus go along with it because he wanted to or because he loved his brother and wanted to help? :)