Reviews for The Ocean's Secret
Subzero Dragon chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
Ooh, serious chapter is serious. Gotta dig the fight scene there. Alex goading Regis was classic. I smell a fearsome rivalry here. As for an EO II story (grabs popcorn) I'd love to see it!
MagicMissile chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
Great chapter! I can't believe you updated only recently, yet I didn't see it until now. This chapter was really interesting, dramatic, and enjoyable. What stood out for me was how you wrote the dream scene. Somehow, the terseness and simplicity of the dream seemed really poetic and meaningful. The action scene was interesting and fit very perfectly in the chapter. The cliffhanger was also a nice addition, and once again, nice chapter and please update when you can!
JayJayKay chapter 5 . 6/30/2013
Man! You forget to check fanfiction for a month and then you come back to a big heap of new releases! Yay! So, this'll probably cover the other chapters too... I really like the feel of the story, it's easy to get into and fun! Though, I kinda feel you didn't give enough of an introduction to kimmy... Hehehe, I also like the personalities and how they clash! I really have to start checking more often for updates now!
MagicMissile chapter 4 . 6/25/2013
Shoot, I missed you by a day! The Yuu scene made me instantly remember that scene from Rush Hour 3. What a funny scene! Now, this was a really great chapter with the funny quirks and all, but the abrupt ending leaves the chapter a lot to be desired. The chapter felt like it stopped mid-way without giving a sense of resolution (which can be why it felt short after reading). Although it might've stopped, I was thoroughly entertained and would like you to update when you can!
Subzero Dragon chapter 4 . 6/24/2013
Ha! I loved this chapter. Anita messing with Regis was a hoot. Yuu and Barbrey were hysterical! Overall, short but comical. Love it!
Subzero Dragon chapter 3 . 6/13/2013
Excellent story! I like how Alexander isn't your typical overconfident Prince/Princess. His squirrely suspicions about everyone but Anita are quite amusing. Gotta love Orion's flying-bit there. (I knew those wings were meant for flying all along, heheh!) I think Yuu's...preferences are pretty unique for a monk. I like unique, though! Kimmy's intro felt a bit shallow, but I bet that'll be more clear later. Besides, even if it's a bit cliché, I like the mysterious Ninja typecast a lot. I'll eagerly await the next chapter!
MagicMissile chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
Going back and forth, I just realized you updated. Woo, for acknowledgements! So about your warning, I was expecting some crazy yuri shounen-ai, but that was really light. Hah, and so your zodiacs can fly too? Aside from flying zodiacs, hoplites, and non-straight monks, Alex is a funny prince as he seems to always be the brunt of the jokes. Hopefully luck will smile upon him next chapter, or not! Now, if only I could get a clue on that sixth member...
MagicMissile chapter 2 . 6/12/2013
I could not re-review chapter 1 so I'll write it on chapter 2 as well as chapter 2's review.

[For chapter 1]
A great way to open the story. It's not like other Etrian Odyssey stories where it is opened with a standard, albeit boring beginning. I really liked how the story started not as an introduction, but as a random conversation between two people that the reader has yet to figure out about. It was nicely done as you can see the conversations delving deeper into their character portrayal and seemed almost naturally occurring. My favorite part of the story was Anita's instinctive hunch about the man and her affinity towards him at the end. Aw, she's such a friendly hoplite.

[For Chapter 2]
Alex's suspicion towards Orion sure was hilarious, yet totally called for. It's funny how much great lengths he takes against male strangers. The conversations were amusing. Now, the introduction of Yuu and master Reo did pique my interest. How exactly did master Reo know that Orion would be traveling with two other strangers? Other than that, maybe it is destiny or some plot device that will end up amazing me. Interesting... I really do look forward to what happens next.
MagicMissile chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
A pretty intriguing cast with some background. It's a steady beginning with introductions and so. Also it's interesting that the prince seems very suspicious over this might-be friendly zodiac. Update?
JayJayKay chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
For a first glimpse of story, this is pretty neat! You've set up the characters nicely, along with a little mystery of this Orion person. And a set up, with not to many details, but just enough to let the imagination run wild. And I love, Love, LOVE the fact that it's Etian Odyssey. As a person whose already played the games, I have a bit of knowledge of what to expect and yet, theres so much you can do to get to this point. I really can't wait to see where you go with it!