Reviews for Tiny Tragedies
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
I love this. Stories set during DH are my absolute favorite, and you capture the reasons why here. Even just your simple summary - how it's easier to cry for the small things - is brilliant.

One tiny SPaG thing - "she almost (almost!) whishes she hadn't" - wishes is spelled wrong.

OK, now that that's out of the way...
"(Later, Lavender will compare it to the delicate crunch of her collarbone under Greyback's teeth, and still she will mourn silk and lace.)" - WOW. just... wow. This is amazing and terrible and horrible and beautiful.

Even though I've become a diehard shipper of Anthony/Padma, I love your Anthony and Padma sections separately, especially your characterization of Morag.

And HANNAH. My goodness, Hannah. i love her character so much, and I nearly started crying at this bit: "(The woman has been all but a surrogate mother to her. Ever since Professor Sprout's words tore her down, she's done all she can to build her back up.)" Because I know what she said and everything. I love that you use the phrase "rooted to the spot" because it's just so perfect.

Also this: "Hannah mourns the things that will never grow again."

I love the repetition of ash throughout it, and the loss of innocence, and just the crying over small things. it's just... it's brilliant. Amazing work. Favouriting.
sleepy queens chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Absolutely loved this.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Loved Ginny's part, she is rarely shown this vulnerable! But as always, you showed the other side of the strong war heroine!

But what really got me was Prof. Sprout... her world ended that day, I imagine... I could easily picture that scene, very well done!
MrsCharmander chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
That. Was so. Good. Oh my god.
awakeatnight chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
This was absolutely beautiful. I liked how it was characters that are often neglected. These were my absolute favourite parts...the imagery and metaphors are amazing.

"that she had just died, right there in the middle of the Room of Requirement, nothing more than a boy-hero's almost, forever sixteen."

"Later, she will give Tony all the pieces of her honor she has left, dressed in white and smiling."

"Padma will cry for the pretty pieces of innocence that burned."

So subtle and so perfect. They say so much more than the actual words and were amazing. Great, great job!
QuillsAndInk221 chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Very blunt emotions with sensitive strides. Hard to acheive and very well done! May your ink never run dry!
Nara and Davina
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
That was astonishing!
A truly unique and marvelous piece of writing equal to any I've seen here in any genre, indeed equal to most professional writing I feel. Thank you for this moving and beautiful piece.
Many Blessings.