Reviews for Streets Shorts: Between the Cases
Amanda England chapter 11 . 5/29
Sweet . Nice point of view.
Amanda England chapter 6 . 5/29
OH this was so funny I laughed until I cried.

Very well written
Amanda England chapter 1 . 5/29
That was funny. I enjoyed it.

Nans chapter 15 . 4/20/2015
Oh my Gawd, chuckle!
Snicker
LOL!
Loved this tale.
Nana
EKWTSM9 chapter 15 . 4/22/2015
What a fun story! Loved it! Oh those typos - they can get us in soooo much trouble sometimes!
briroch chapter 15 . 4/21/2015
Thank you for sharing this funny story with us. A team under pressure at cracking point and a funny typo- it has to make them crack up. My favorite line- People only hurt the ones they love... The price Steve pays for being Mike's buddy boy can be high at times
dublin writer chapter 15 . 4/20/2015
I really enjoyed this humorous one shot. Poor Steve getting the blame but Mike really knowing who did it and Norm not realizing that he would pay for his teasing of Mike's buddy boy..Ha! Excellent idea about the roster/rooster typo. Great story. Thanks for sharing it. :-)
Sylvia Elaine chapter 15 . 4/20/2015
Nice bit of humour to relieve the stress in the bullpen and, of course, Norm had to be the "joker in the pack! Two weeks of night duty really will muck up his love life. It never does to cross Mike.
mchicken chapter 15 . 4/20/2015
Love it, when you're really stressed there's nothing like a bit of levity!
keller12917 chapter 15 . 4/20/2015
This was a great story, I love the title too! Well done!
Sylvia Elaine chapter 14 . 3/12/2015
Oh, Daddy dear. Never go through your daughter's drawers! No matter how good your intention it's an absolute NO-NO! And to read her cards tied up in red-ribbon! I was so surprised at Mike invading her privacy like this. But I felt it was a bit like when Steve was surreptitiously investigating Officer Wazinski in Solitaire and Mike bawled him out in his office for invading the man's privacy then, with a smirk on his face, he said "Ok what gives. Tell me what you found out about him". I felt just the same - horrified that Mike had invaded her privacy but then I was like a voyeur desperate to know what was in the cards. Steve's discomfort was palpable. Glad Mike was only teasing him.
Nans chapter 14 . 3/10/2015
This tale of yours brought a smile to my face.
Thank you for sharing.
Chuckle
Nans
Sylvia Elaine chapter 13 . 3/12/2015
You started this piece with Mike in full defence of Steve, his driving abilities and his ability to act instinctively the moment a situation arises. Sometimes too rashly but, hell, he gets the job done. Mike would even trust him with Jeannie but only to drive her. I loved that you flip the story to talk about possible promotions if Mike were to retire or some other scenario. Who would eventually succeed him? I love it that Norm is not suitable because he has too many irons in too many other fires, and solid Dan has no great leadership qualities. This leaves Lessing who's already been shoveled off sideways, and Tanner and Steve. Tanner deserves his promotion. Steve is worthy of promotion with eventual leadership potential but he's just too damn young and inexperienced. Mike's fear of losing his partner and protégé to another department was almost tangible. But the bosses know gold when they see it and they know Steve still needs further nurturing from Mike. A promotion now will give him the incentive he needs to keep plugging away onwards and upwards.

I got so wrapped up in this story I almost felt like a mother hen so proud of her young chick. You must do an awful lot of research to keep it all authentic. Most enjoyable. Well done.
briroch chapter 14 . 3/12/2015
What a lovely story, emotional and funny at the same time. The description of the "Time machine" drawer was great. Loved the way Mike nosed through the greeting cards from Steve and the excuse he finds for doing so.
Sylvia Elaine chapter 12 . 3/12/2015
This was a chuckle a minute. What a clever perspective to write it from. You ladies at the SOSF group want to watch your backs. He may get his own back one day.