Reviews for The Need For A Father
laurie black chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
How cool to see Johnny at one year of age riding on Murdoch's horse with him - bittersweet that he missed the rest of his childhood - sad for both father and son's. I think Andrew Duggan would have been pleased to see your stories fleshing out Murdoch's character as you do through his thoughts, musings, dialogue...From what I've read Andrew Duggan may have been frustrated as an actor that
they didn't develop his character more fully on the show and I would have loved to have seen that too even though I love the show. He probably would have welcomed you as one of the screenwriters because you go past the surface in your writing.
As a reader I welcome more of this with all of the characters and many scenes with them together as a family.

Thanks for the stories.
sherry57 chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Please write more of this. This feels like the introduction to something bigger. And of course, we know there is more to follow for this family...well it'll be a long time before they are a family again! This is a lovely look at Murdoch as the happy and proud Father and Johnny's smile, that could charm anyone and anything, was there from when he was an adorable little boy!
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
This is very touching and very true to how Murdoch must have felt due to the loss of both Scott and Johnny. It is sad yet also filled with hope for a united family, which happily, we all know, came true for him. Nicely done.