Reviews for Au nom du Père
FireFly07 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
This is so awesome. My heart beats really fast whenever I read it. I can really feel the emotion of the story.

Great work. I love it.

You're a great author.

Keep writing brilliantly! (Sorry I can't say any more.)
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 8/7/2002
You've really managed to capture both the love and the fear that poor Maedhros felt for his father, as well as vividly showing his descent into final madness. If this was what was going on in Maedhros's head at the end of his life, death must have been a merciful release.
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 8/7/2002
So I see you have now gone for poor Maedhros! Really well done; the way you write the flood of his thoughts makes one think, effectively, that hes going mad. The obsession for his father..in facts, hes the only one who is able to see behind his acting "weird", he understands him better than anyone. He knows hes suffering.

And about Fëanor suffering. Did you purposely want to give the notion I got reading the story: that the final burning of Fëanor was only the end of a process that began long before?
Furius chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
Of course I read this. I think Feanor's fine, finally someone who is actually sympathetic, your description of him reminds me of Emerson's description of a great man, or elf in this case. Better than the mind rapes etc described by...

About Maedhros however, I knew there is reason they invented periods and why you chose to ignore them but the tone, the tone. Don't you think Maedhros would have matured, it will give the readers a better conception of the passing of time while retaining the slightly disturbed character. He is just so childish and tender that I have trouble believing..
Deborah chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
Beautiful. And very in character, for both Maedhros and Feanor. Both the intensity of the love, and the madness. I don't know what it is about Maedhros, how he manages to be so loveable even though we know he's one of the greatest war-criminals in Arda. By focusing on his madness you 'humanize' him, so our sympathy for him makes sense.