Reviews for The Terran Legion
OnyxTemplar chapter 5 . 4/29/2013
It was quite a good start but you are right, I did notice more than a few rather strong influences from The Zerg Swarm, notably the similar setting and character relationships. I can't say the similarities are a bad thing, after all The Zerg Swarm seems to be one of the most (if not THE most) popular and well received of all the StarCraft SI on the site both by readers and by those looking for inspiration. Personally though, while the setting was great for the rise Zerg something about it just seems a little off about dropping the Terran into it. Maybe a higher but not necessarily advanced setting would fit a together a little more smoothly?
ManlyMonk chapter 5 . 4/21/2013
Yo, yeah, I just skimmed this story and it did not really entice me as the Swarm did. Mostly because the Swarm had powers that would build up the zerg. Terran needs human engineers, builders, resources that cannot easily be provided. There's not much explanation or build up if the main character can build probes and such out of thin air, and no power can really help him do this. Power consolidation and improvement of technology seems to most logical way, but it would take a much longer time to build up than the zergs. Also, partly because the audience already associates with technology, the zerg would build more interest since its new, original, and unexplored. We all know what a spaceship is :D. Anyways, terran would take a much longer story to build. That is my view. But, it can be made awesome and I hope you find a way to do it.
Border42 chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
Eh. I'm pretty okay with this. I'm a Zerg player, and just like them better overall.

The story also did have a large undertone of, "The Zerg Swarm, just with nanites and guns!" Although I feel as if you had continued it further it would have grown into it's own. Perhaps not on the large scale, but there were a couple of smaller differences between the two. Such as the protagonist having a more strained relationship with his parents.
NOOOO chapter 5 . 4/1/2013
FUUUUUUUCKING HELL NOT AGAIN!... please... your amazing author but... please FINISH a story... please?
crazIZIZ chapter 5 . 3/31/2013
Umm now wich HoTs is out and not to say that you should make it quick i respect your time.
When is the "Zerg Swarm" you think?
crazIZIZ chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Allright i just read the zerg swarm it was so exiting!And now to the terran so much good!so happy for finding your stories it makes me love reading even more!
Chow chapter 5 . 3/23/2013
To East Bridge,

The Terran Legion was not up to par as the Zerg Swarm you started. It fit too one dimensional where the family's background wasn't explore that much. The characteristic of the units were only a few sentences at best but that is understandable since they are all A.I. However, what lure people in is the small details like you gave to all the zerg units. Zerglings having races in the forest, Hydralisk with their devilish smile and tree climbing. Roaches with their swimming, and BANELINGS especially when Dust (I think) was hugging it so hard.

Apply those small details to lure us in to know how they act and we will feel connected to them more. If not, we will feel the story isn't as engaging as the Zerg swarm.

However, this is your story. I am just giving you my two cents.
Kumoatsu chapter 2 . 3/23/2013
... This is terrible. -_-
Guest chapter 3 . 3/20/2013
You think the terran buildings are ugly?! *eyetwitch*
LongyWangy chapter 5 . 3/20/2013
cuss cuss :P will looking forward to the zerg swarm,
Avi chapter 5 . 3/20/2013
Hey man, do what you feel needs to be done to create a story you can be proud of. So long as you keep updating, I'm going to keep reading. Good luck!
Nokanomi chapter 5 . 3/21/2013
You know what? I really hate to say this, because you are a good author, but I agree with you. I did very much notice one too many elements from The Zerg Swarm, though if you need help with the originality I could probably pitch a few ideas, but for the most part I think it would be a great excercise for you to figure out things on your own, as you have more than displayed the ability to.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/18/2013
FUUUUU
HoTS chapter 4 . 3/17/2013
are you playing HoTS right now?
ImHavok795 chapter 5 . 3/19/2013
I'm sorry but I must say, East, I'm so glad this story crashed.

It was rushed beyond belief, Zerg would be jealous, the characters I could only feel some sense of sympathy toward, and the Terran don't strike me as emotionless monsters.

That seems more like the Zerg who are very driven by devotion to the Overmind.

This story went nowhere fast and look forward to The Zerg Swarm - Neo.

Try not to rush next time, that's what I learned in my own writings. Rushing dosen't make perfect, it's good for a trial but nothing the public needs to see.

I love you man, I do, but take your time. Flesh the characters, the world, everything out. Update slower if need be but don't rush, it's a serious killer to the writer and readers.
153 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »