Reviews for Something Like That
evi ive chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
your moment between sam and nick was great.
IaraEdelstein chapter 3 . 2/22/2013
I loved it! I loved it! seriously! I loved it! it is a shame that Nick and Jess stories in Spanish! but I'm content with that of English! Greetings! xoxoxo
Guest chapter 3 . 2/21/2013
I really hope they can do this. I do. I'm not naively hopeful, but they have a chance, right? So many things to like in your concluding chapter (in addition to the hopefulness of the ending). Here's my list of loves:

- Schmidt tending bar because he feels bad about what he did to his friends, Jess especially. I want to see him behind the bar in the show. Imagine it...he'd stick an umbrella in everyone's drink, no matter what they order. :)

- Jess realising that pretty boys, any boys, really, are not going to rock her world because Nick's already got that covered.

- Nick pinching her lasagne. Man's gotta eat.

- Schmidt and Winston giving them time and space to sort out what they might have together. Those guys know something is still going on - that's my bet.

- Your writing. You have a concise style but manage not to cheat your readers out of detail, characterisation and emotional depth. If only I was wearing a hat - I'd take it off in your honour.
BlindAssassinUK chapter 2 . 2/21/2013
I remember hating on you a little when I first read this. I'm not proud of myself, but there it is. Honesty counts for something, right?

Your Schmidt shines bright in this chapter. The panic, the assault on his skin, the desire to stop the fallout before it even begins (because who knows if Jess and Nick can actually make a relationship work) - all of that read like an episode. I could clearly picture Schmidt freaking out in my head and what that would look like. Kudos, friend.

And this part...oh my, I laughed and laughed: "...Schmidt stands up, walking towards his bedroom, newspaper in hand, "You can feel the tension in the air," he flicks his hands around, making it as dramatic as possible, "It's poisonous and I will not be a part of it."
BlindAssassinUK chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
I hope you'll forgive me for not reviewing this wonderfulness before now. I read each chapter as quickly as you posted them, but I was an arse and didn't review.

There is so much to like and twirl over in this first chapter. The thought of Nick and Jess stealing moments, small kisses and longing looks is not only sweet to read but also, I think, narratively credible. And you write those stolen moments so well.

BA
x
sunnyamazing chapter 3 . 2/16/2013
Awwwww. I love these Jess and Nick feelings that are warming my heart at this current moment, you one talented lady!
sunnyamazing chapter 2 . 2/16/2013
You write Schmidt perfectly. I could see the acting taking place in my head. It rocked my friend.
sunnyamazing chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Nick and Jess forever. The forgiveness line was awesome by the way. I want that to be coming up in an episode soon.
Dee2387 chapter 3 . 2/6/2013
awwwww this was super sweet :-)
brookemopolitan chapter 3 . 2/5/2013
They can! They can do it! This was cute :)
AMiserableLove chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
What?! Oh no! What is Jess doing?!

I love you and hate you for this chapter. And I mean that in the best possible way. Love you because I enjoy a bit of angst and conflict in the stories I read and write (plus your writing is pretty awesome to boot) and hate you because...UGHHHH JESSSSSSSSS!

Can't wait for more! :)
Ninjacastle3195 chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
NOOOO! :'( WHY, JESS?
thelovelyflorencelovett chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
Arg! Jess?! Can't wait to see what happens after this!
Clara Meliza chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
I cannot believe Jess left her date with Nick and ditched him for another guy named "Seb"! Who names their kid that, anyway? (I'm guessing it's short for Sebastian, a rather lovely name, but I'm too busy hating the poor guy to see sense). My shipper heart has officially gone into cardiac arrest. Quick, someone call an ambulance!
JayBee188 chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
No no no no This cannot be happening. You fix this. Jess is being so...AGGGH.