Reviews for Tale of the Setting Sun
blue and gold chapter 23 . 2/19
"The small man in black glasses had been there. ...he'd promised her that if she or her little brother ever stopped smiling on that day's procession, he would rip off all of their fingernails."

Ah, Gatō, charming as ever. I liked him the most when his body was plummeting off of the bridge after Zabuza mauled him.

Anyways, shit really hit the fan in this chapter in a variety of ways that I did not expect, and while it wrapped up some points and questions and brought most of the different players together in one (big) clash, it's still introduced some new problems, (to say the least). Let's just say, the chapter's aptly titled, although I _did_ like "Rain From a Cloudless Sky".

Hidan being...Hidan during the fight with Jiraiya was creepy and, thus, perfect. I was thinking, and I don't...really know who would win in that fight, honestly. Jiraiya's the strongest character in the series, if you go by stats—well, tied with Itachi—but Kakuzu is not only (kind of) immortal, but intelligent and cunning. Hidan's strong because he's (actually) immortal, but not very cunning. Zabuza's got brute strength but isn't very clever, either. So, Jiraiya might stand a chance but being outnumbered like that wouldn't end well, probably.

Kaine turning traitor makes sense, but was also a surprise, which makes it a great plot twist. The stand-off between Sai and Naruto was tense, and...also made me realize that I've been envisioning Sai as a teenager while reading this story, when he would really be around twelve, which is...weird to imagine. I don't know, Sai's been relegated to eternal, awkward puberty in my head.

Kakashi got duped, but hopefully he'll make it back in time before things go really south, right? Right? (I say hopefully.) No? Yeah, I didn't think so. Something tells me that he'll, at least, have a fateful clash with Obito who...is still super creepy to me, when he's pretending to be Tobi. Poor Mayu.

Oh! I'm also psyched to have Jiraiya _really_ meet Naruto.

(Also, Shirakumo said that the Akatsuki took two of the team—I know Mayu, but who's the second? Or does Shirakumo not realize that Kaine got away? I may just be overlooking something.)

Nice work, as usual.
Nightshadegirl chapter 24 . 2/19
i really like mayu's bluebird jutsu, it's cute.
Nightshadegirl chapter 23 . 2/19
so mayu was caught. i do wonder myself what she thinks of naruto?
Nadoxx chapter 27 . 2/19
Very fun read, enjoy your characterization.
Aaa chapter 27 . 2/18
Amazing chapter. Thank you!
piplilpop chapter 27 . 2/17
Ugh, I was under the impression that Mayu was still alive, but now I think I read the previous chapters too quickly... T_T Are both Mayu and Rai dead? I know Rai died, but Mayu too?
piplilpop chapter 26 . 2/17
I'm sad to see your OCs go... :(
lifebeater22 chapter 27 . 2/17
When can we expect another chapter?
Also good job, love the story
Almecestris chapter 27 . 2/17
Just leaving another comment here (already left one in Ao3) BUT I FREAKING LOVE THIS STORY. THANK YOU FOR GIFTING THE WORLD WITH THIS GEM OF A FIC.
TheSecretEmperor chapter 27 . 2/17
The chapter was well written but I wished you gave more of a send off to Mayu and Rai. Perhaps we could see Kotetsu and Izumo's dynamic with Naruto now?
Tempestuous God of Valour-77 chapter 27 . 2/17
Nice
Tempestuous God of Valour-77 chapter 26 . 2/17
RIP Rai.
Tempestuous God of Valour-77 chapter 25 . 2/17
Nice backstory on Mayu.
This story is pretty heavy. Woah.
Karthaugh1 chapter 27 . 2/16
I will continue reading, since up to this point your story has been good, but I was expecting this to be another story where he starts with a different team just for them to get killed as a plot point. Pretty disappointing to be honest, since I have found mayu and rai a bit more interesting than naruto, who has thus far seemed like a bit of a more emotional uchiha. Better written one perhaps, but still.

Story has been good to this point, hopefully I will continue to enjoy without what I considered the backbone to the story so far.
2,060 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »