Reviews for Tale of the Setting Sun
Xcherokee chapter 22 . 1/31
Pls update I love this so much and I stayed up all night reading it
Sablire chapter 22 . 1/31
AH an amazing story brilliantly written. I haven't read one /quite/ like this one. An interesting take on the trope. Thank you do much for writing.
Naiwrath chapter 14 . 1/12
whats wrong with a shunshin? it does the same thing as this lightning stuff.
Naiwrath chapter 2 . 1/12
A point of canonical misrepresentation... Naruto joined early when he was 6 and Sakura and co joined when they were 8. Naruto was with them only for the last year of their academy training as he had failed twice. So is Sakura here 2 years older than Naruto? Is she also an early entrant? If so, what outstanding trait merited this? You get my drift. This detail makes it a lot more difficult for genius Naruto fics than if you just made him join the academy at 8. Unless, of course if you wish to populate his batch with OCs.
Zenith Relaxation chapter 22 . 1/4
I can't wait till this is taken off hiatus. I'll be easily overjoyed.
TheSonOfChaos chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
This is one of the most brilliant fanfics I have ever read. Please i beg for you to continue.
greenleaf55 chapter 22 . 12/10/2015
Please don't stop here! This is one of the most enjoyable and interesting Naruto fanfictions I have ever read, and you are leaving it off at such a suspenseful cliffhanger!
I really enjoyed your AU take on Naruto's story because of its unique and well developed characters. I sometimes feel as if you are talking about real living people. So, please keep it up!
Zenith Relaxation chapter 21 . 10/15/2015
I like Mayu, I really do. I wouldn't even be mad if she was the heroine.
Zenith Relaxation chapter 20 . 10/14/2015
This story really is awesome. Love your take on Wave Arc so far.
Zenith Relaxation chapter 19 . 10/14/2015
Fuck, I'm catching up! This is bad, really bad.
Zenith Relaxation chapter 5 . 10/13/2015
Your style of writing is just absolutely great.
TransparentAnswer chapter 1 . 10/8/2015
Kudos for this idea, a really good idea too. I've always wondered what it would be like if Naruto is more like Minato instead of Kushina when he was younger. Not many fics had that though. I'm tempted to write something with Naruto having Minato's traits more prominent than Kushina, do you mind if I write something inspired from yours?

Either way, it was a good and awesome fic. :D
Zyphrost chapter 22 . 9/5/2015
In all honesty, if you weren't planning on both continuing this fic, as well as having already planned into the future for this epic masterpiece, I would just flat out ask for you to let me adopt this, seeing as it is on hiatus. The fact that I've had a similar idea to write a fic similar to this one (red-haired prodigy) only tempts me more, but I don't think I'd be able to, especially with how far ahead you seem to have planned.

Instead of that, then, I'll just leave a good old review that you might or might not read. Anyways; first off, great flow. You have a brilliant way of summing things up that leads the readers not to press on for more details, and that helps a lot, especially in those few paragraphs you add semi-important info (like the one where Naruto trains with Kakashi and you mention him getting a tanto).

Your writing of the fighting scenes seems to come relatively naturally, which is a good thing. Most people have trouble with typing up action sequences, but you don't seem to have much trouble.

The little bit of random drabbling between characters speaking is good, but it can sometimes get a little long, and I often find myself skipping to the next time I see a speech mark because the conversation s paced well and the bits in between seeming unnecessary. Sometimes, though, you leave puzzles and try to let the reader figure out the reasons for certain actions. For simple things that can be explained in under six words, that's great. But a few times, the entire thing could be improved with less subtle hints.

The way you're using the laws of physics and subtle, often unnoticeable hints that a character picks up on (main example would be the quicksand scene in the chuunin exams) is really awesome, even if they're very basic. Not many people even think to introduce things like that into action sequences. I can only remember a DBZ fanfic, Bringer of Death, that uses physics for fighting and the like, off the top of my head. Admittedly, the degree to which physics are brought into that fic is far greater than this, but it's nonetheless fascinating and easily piques interest. Science has that effect.

A couple of things, though. Were either of Rai or Mayu bottom of the class at graduation? I believe the top student is meant to be paired with the 'dead-last.' At least, judging by Gai's and Kakashi's original teams.

Also, I remember you stating that Naruto cheated to get past 'Academy Level' at the Library, but Shadow Clones are B-rank... That means jounin level. Did Naruto really go that high without getting caught?

Other than that, I can't think of much else, off the top of my head. But, I'll be looking forward to seeing you return to this fic once you're done with the other one. Keep up the awesome work. :)
Guest chapter 22 . 9/2/2015
kakazu is gonna get his ass kicked
125b chapter 22 . 8/29/2015
hokage is going to be pissed at everything that happened here.
1,552 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »