Reviews for Tale of the Setting Sun
Ricky chapter 1 . 11/6/2020
My biggest problem with this fic is narutos character, he has no self drive in his life. First he says he wants to be hokage and endure the hardships and win the trust of his fellow villagers than he goes rogue and spits on everything his loved ones wanted for him. Naruto to me is a cannon emo sasuke without the whole revenger personality. Danzō as hokage? Logically speaking no one can just go up and take the seat of kage without approval of the council. Jiraya and Kakashi can be in run for the position. I think that’s lazy writing on your part. On a last note you killing characters like Ino, Kiba and iruka mean nothing simply because their was no connection to them in this story and it looks like you killed them off for shits and giggles.
Mastersgtjames chapter 7 . 11/5/2020
honestly would prefer MC to want to leave the village. To just learn fuinjutsu and stuff. Become OP, learn his heritage and actually LEAVE THE VILLAGE. since they are all so shit to him. fuck being Hokage.
Mastersgtjames chapter 3 . 11/5/2020
so MC is smart, but not smart enough to notice for 3 years that Kage Bunshin transfers knowledge. that MC could have Massively increased training time/abilitiy?
Mastersgtjames chapter 1 . 11/5/2020
WOW. Several Things here that a lot of other fanfics have done that piss me off.
1st.
That MC's whiskers are birthmarks. Some stories even have people pointing at them, calling them cute. But they are not Birthmarks. They are Scars. From villagers literally holding him down, and carving them into his face, repeatedly.
2nd.
MC not having any money, and the Hokage "generously" paying for his orphanage and stuff. This even happened in the anime/manga. But it's bullshit since MC is the LAST of his clan (supposedly). For both the Uzumaki (a founding clan of Konoha), and the Namikaze (Started with his dad, but he was Hokage). MC apparently had no inheritance or money from the entirety of Uzushiogakure, from the Uzumaki's of Konoha, From Mito Uzumaki, From the Senju, From his mother or his father. Bullshit.
3rd.
MC not having any of his clan heirlooms or secrets. Since Konoha/Hiruzen/Danzo stole ALL of them. Which is beyond fucked up.
deadskull0315 chapter 46 . 11/5/2020
this is such a really good story keep writing it I cant wait to keep reading it
Red1ace86 chapter 46 . 11/5/2020
I can’t wait to see what happens next I love how your story telling
PK Samurai chapter 3 . 11/4/2020
for the LAST f*cking time shadow clone jutsu is NOT forbidden
the one that's forbidden is Taju Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (mass clones) which is banned because it would drain the user of their chakra

man this f*cking fandom
Guest chapter 3 . 11/4/2020
Shadow clone is a forbidden jutsu so it would not be in the archives.
Guest chapter 46 . 11/4/2020
my brain hurts
Red1ace86 chapter 35 . 11/3/2020
This was a great chapter I loved the sparing match between kakashi and thought Karin was hilarious lol but I thought she was gonna ask about their clan
Red1ace86 chapter 29 . 11/3/2020
I love this chapter it gave us a look into his mind state after everything that he’s loss
Rhyn3 chapter 1 . 11/3/2020
that ending line is kinda ominous, I hope it sets the tone for Naruto's character
Guest chapter 46 . 11/2/2020
Love the story keep it up!
StrangeQuark chapter 27 . 11/1/2020
im crying i cant
At the very beginning I'm expecting the OCs to die, but no you wait and get me emotionally attached to them and I start feeling the slightest hope that maybe this story will be different and they'll live but noooo you were just waiting for maximum emotional impact.
Honestly though, when I saw the smart!Naruto-esque summary I wasn't expecting much, but you've made all of your characters so deep and intricate and weaved such an amazing narrative that I couldn't stop reading. This fic is so good that at this point I have to put it down for a while like I would a book when I finish a section full of twists and turns and revelations, but I know I'll be back in a day or two wanting to read more.
ghilliesoot chapter 46 . 10/30/2020
I just finished reading this in a day and I must say, what a thrilling ride. I can't wait for more!
3,409 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »