Reviews for Hermione's choice
FotoDi chapter 5 . 4/20
Interesting story! I like your premise.
I can't wait until the Oarent Teacher conference with the Dursleys! Yikes!

CHANGES in a millennium-old Institution...

Aside from the obvious staff changes in Potions, History, and Divination ... I always played a mental game about how Hogwarts would change for the better:

1) Each Subject becomes a "department" overseen by an accredited Master. Additional instructors hired for introductory and advanced courses as needed. Student or part-time TAs hired to aid professors in homework/exam correction, classroom management, and tutors. Class size is restricted. Wand and Theory classes are weighted differently.

2) The four 'Heads of House' should become stand-alone live-in positions, preferably for families or couples! Not all professors should be required to be in residence full time as it not only limits the teaching talent pool but it also isolates & stresses the solitary over-worked adults.

3) A mandatory yearly Physical Examination should be required for each student & staff. Should have at least two staff, 1 male & 1 female. Should have counsellors for & seminars in Sex education, magical vs Muggle community differences, peer dynamics (bullying) Etc.

4) Parent weekends.
Weekend passes for student home visits
Parent Support Organization in the muggle World
with contact numbers for advice and
assigned Mentors.
Alumnae Assiciation: reunions, fund raisers, Etc.
Hogwarts Alumnae Job Bank

5) Mandatory Cultural Awareness classes from first year to fifth year, 6th & 7th year have required Projects or Internships.
Magical Culture for muggle-raised/muggleborns
Muggle Culture for Purebloods & half bloods
(Similar to what you have proposed in your story.)

6) Clubs! Multiple Sports! Fitness! Arts! Music! Dance!

7) Languages! (Human as well as non-human.)

8) Internships and Apprenticeships;
Student teacher training,
Peer to peer tutoring
Official student mentorships (big brother/big sister)
community volunteering

9) Public Speaking training & contests,
Debate Club, Mock debates imitating Wizegamott
Writing Contests

10) Official Secuity: requiring student prefects & overworked teachers to patrol hallways and police begavior after hours is horrible!

11) Specual Guest Speakers & Field Trips on several topics, organized by year, highlighting the Main Areas of Magical world:
Gringotts Bank, The Wizengamot, The Main Departments of MoM, Types of transportation, Quidditch, Magical Dueling competitions, Wizard Traditions & Religious Beliefs, Wizard Holidays, Career Opportunities, Crossing The Cultural Divide, Estate Planning & Financial Management & budgeting, Social issues like squibs, Multi-ethnic Magical World, Home Economics:survival skills for Newly Graduated

Oops! I have become an Hermione Granger clone!
Your story encouraged a creative side-trip. Sorry!
Please continue with your story! Harry will learn more than Albys may want!
DrT9999 chapter 1 . 4/14
Hermione at St Trinian's as a 1st year? the mind boggles
Rori Potter chapter 5 . 4/4
Oh wow. Update soon.
This guy doesnt have a clue chapter 5 . 3/29
Good story
fraewyn chapter 5 . 3/26
Love it!
Any chance of an update soon?
tricorvus chapter 4 . 3/12
Yay! Snape resigning!
tricorvus chapter 3 . 3/12
Wicked good! Bash Ron! Bash him good!
tricorvus chapter 2 . 3/12
Ron-bashing! Yay! Bilius has 1 L.
Great rule reform
tricorvus chapter 1 . 3/12
Love it dearly
Rock on
Dugleik chapter 5 . 3/12
I don't like the ending of this chapter, I mean, sexual assault is not funny (no matter who the victim is).

Other then that this is a fun what if story that raises many questions I had reading the books.
Twitch101 chapter 5 . 2/28
It's great to see you turning Hogwarts into a proper academic school! Maybe introduce year level coordinators who can focus just on the one year ie.1st yrs only and report to the head of house?
Xavras chapter 1 . 2/13
Love the reference to St. Trinnians..
whitebuffalowmn chapter 5 . 2/12
whoo hoo! Severus gets his back in his face. LOL I eagerly await your next installment. thank you for the creativity and sharing with all of us readers!
whitebuffalowmn chapter 1 . 2/12
I don't care if you adopted the story or wrote it, I just wish someone would finish it. LOL really though, I am ready for as many chapters as you can give to me. thanks for the creativity and sharing f this wonderful story!
Animeangellover2 chapter 5 . 2/6
Love the story so far! I have always wondered what would have happened if Hermione told the truth. I didn't expect anything too different, but I really like your rendition of it.

I'm actually surprised that Lucius showed up at Hogwarts. I thought he would be disappointed in Draco for being the first student to be suspended from Hogwarts. However, you're probably right in that the "Malfoy Pride" would get in the way and he would do this. I loved his excuse for keeping Draco in school.

I wonder who's Harry's magical guardian is? I hope it's not Albus (Congrats on actually doing a very well-written goodDumbledore) and that it might be some screw-up with the ministry for not checking in with Sirius.

Can't wait to read more!