Reviews for Icarus
Basil Allegri chapter 1 . 9/23
I just started, but I wanted to say that your first chapter has some amazingly beautiful imagery. I love the way you treat Loki's thought process.
cresswellshipper17 chapter 6 . 9/14
Nice flashback of brotherly affection
cresswellshipper17 chapter 5 . 9/13
Nice, poignant development with Thor, Loki, and Sif. I wish this happened in canon.
cresswellshipper17 chapter 4 . 9/13
Dang! You got Loki's prickly character down as well as Jane's inquisitive nature. I love it! Thank you!
cresswellshipper17 chapter 3 . 9/13
Loooove your Darcy...she sounds right...lol! And Luke here is just what Jane needs...Thank you!
cresswellshipper17 chapter 2 . 9/13
Very cute Lokane...looking forward to reading more
safika987 chapter 31 . 7/16
This has been my second or third re-reading of this wonderful story! Your way with words is breathtaking in the way it weaves the whole complex characters and plots together in a cohesive and realistic world. I'm lovin it!
Gypsy chapter 31 . 7/10
This is so great! Keep up the awesome! Your characters are really interesting.
joycelyn.o.ting chapter 31 . 7/5
Whoop, it's been a great pleasure to re-read this whole story #NoRegrets xD Now I'm all excited to see how everything else will play out! Can't wait for the next update! :)
joycelyn.o.ting chapter 7 . 7/1
Oh my god after the last update I realised I've got absolutely no idea what happened in the story, so now I've been rereading it from chapter one. Which made me realise... everything sounds new like I've never read this story before ÖÖÖÖ Dear me how could I forget everything? Oh well at least now I have "new" brilliant story to read! xD
wbss21 chapter 31 . 6/18
First of all, my deepest apologies for how long it's taken me to leave a review for your here! Things have been a little hectic, but your story, and your writing, as always, provide me with the greatest joy.

This chapter was absolutely heartbreaking, and so real, so sincere in the way it went down here between Loki and Frigga. All of the hurt and the anguish and sadness isn't just going to be automatically better or go away simply because they've finally reunited, and if anything, it's only lain bare the true depth of the tragedy that's happened between Loki and his family.

First, I just want to compliment you again on your absolutely gorgeous, brilliantly sophisticated writing. I just can never get over how talented you are, and your dialog in particular this chapter has just left me in awe.

Another thing that strikes me, and which I've loved about this story from the very start, is how you don't make excuses for the way Loki's family treated him, or don't absolve them of responsibility or make Loki's grievances seem like they were all in his head. His family really HAS wronged him, on a lot of levels, and you can see from Frigga's grief here that she's as aware of it as anyone. She sees it particularly, I think, in the self-deprecating, self-hating way Loki talks about himself. That has to be the most heartbreaking aspect of this chapter, just how meanly Loki talks about himself, and what he is, because you can hear in his words that he MEANS it. He thinks of himself as a monster, and he's just as lost and confused as ever about why his family would lie to him, and why they would allow him to believe the Jotnar were nothing more than monsters all while knowing he was one. There's really no excuse for that, and Frigga's inability to come up with one, her lack of effort in even trying, speaks volumes.

At the same time, Loki is completely aware that his own actions were very much wrong, and that he can't really make up any excuse for a lot of the things he did, even though, when all of what led to those actions is really laid bare, it becomes entirely reasonable to see why he acted out the way he did.

I just thought the flow of interaction between Loki and Frigga here was so brilliant. It felt so natural, truly like a mother and son speaking to each other, two people who love each other dearly but who have also lost their way with each other.

Also seeing Loki finally reveal to Frigga how much it had hurt him to be sent for all those years to Alfheim, and to see Frigga's shock at that hurt, again speaks volumes as to how a lack of communication, and a lack of understanding, led to so much awful tragedy. The situation is so complex, and you capture all the subtlety and detail of it magnificently.

It just tore me apart when Loki wasn't able to stop that single tear from slipping free. It tells you how hard this is for him, how hurt he still is, and how angry.

And of course seeing Frigga break down and cry was so heartbreaking too. I wonder what Jane is going to think of all of this, since she's obviously listening. And of course, the big showdown with Odin is coming, which I'm both eager for and dreading, knowing it's going to probably get pretty ugly and painful.

As always, just amazingly done, and I can't wait to see what happens next. Thank you so much again, as always, for sharing!
Blueberry and Blacktooth chapter 31 . 6/16
When I tell you that I've passed this fic like a million times, always rereading the summary and always saying yeah okay I'll give it a try soon, but never really did until now, I quite mean that I've passed it a million times, on different authors fav lists, but most frequently on the Carnivorous Muffin's. Heck there was a point when I read the first chapter and told myself okay yeah I'll get back to it. This was around February, and never did again until this week. I think primarily the reason I didn't much bother is because I've never much liked Jane? I know her from the movies, like most of us these days, and she just came off as annoying and really, really naive. Falling in love eith a guy after loke three days? Um. Not to mention they've got nothing in common, but lol okay Jane. They didn't even give her much credit in the science department either, those damn men. Anyway I love, love Loki, so I figured okay really gonna read it this time, I am, I will, so I did.

And holy shit I /love/ it.

You did an absolutely fantastic job with /everything/, the writing style, the setting, the details, plot, the characters, dear God above this story is a masterpiece, and I'm wondering why the hell I didn't read it sooner. Also, it really helped me out these past two days. I lost my cat, my little pain baguette, on Thursday at around one am after a devastating fight with a blocked bladder and abrupt kidney failure, and honestly I'm devastated. I've been crying every five minutes and I can't even look around my own home without remembering and bursting into tears all over again. This fic at least, has given me a brief reprieve, and by focusing on just immersing myself in it, I was, and still am able to at least /breathe/.

So thank you, thank you so much for writing this, and I'm sorry I didn't check it out sooner. Truly, you're a blessing.

Eagerly awaiting your next update,

Much love,

Blue :)
dualnature chapter 2 . 6/16
Aww so sweet. Waiting for the other shoe to drop!
Maia2 chapter 31 . 6/15
This made me cry. Just... so painful. I realize Loki is very difficult and tends to take everything the wrong way. Doesn't mean he's wrong, though.
xenlith chapter 1 . 6/14
That moment you notice you were Way more tired than you thought you were when writing a reviewI apologive for my slaughter of the English language in my last comment.