Reviews for Icarus
bowlalie chapter 33 . 3/9
Spend a couple of days reading this, what a ride. Love the characterisations
LM chapter 33 . 3/7
This is one of my favorite stories on here :) I love your character development, it’s so complex and believable. I really hope you continue the story!
AkatsukiShizu3 chapter 33 . 3/3
Wow that went smoothly. I am constantly surprised by how events go in this story. And I have grown fond of this version of Loki. Granted I also like his original counterpart in the movies but you capture him in a beautiful state that makes him look melancholic in my imagination. I wonder if this would have been Loki if he wasn't so consumed by rage and betrayal. Becausd I always find myself to be a sucker for underdogs and anti-heroes I always home that there could be a form of redemption. I'm probably too idealiatic in that regard but i want to congratulate you on writing a beautiful story and that I look forward to future updates.
spookyshai chapter 33 . 1/27
HOOTY HOO, do i LOVE this. So glad you seem to still be invested in writing it! i've enjoyed it so much thus far. Different characterization of L-man than we tend to see this side of Avengers & Thor 2, but definitely one i like an LOVE your Jane. (Also Darcy nearly made me choke and die laughing) Fantastic work on this, thank you so much for sharing it with everyone.
Ori chapter 33 . 1/5
This is a great story. You know that, right? I love your writing. :D And your Jane isn't useless! Yay! I want to see how this option C pans out so badly, please update quick!
Laura chapter 33 . 12/31/2017
What a plesant and intriguing read. The descriptions and story telling is so detailed and thoughtful it feels as though I'm right there with the characters. I like the complexity for each character. No one is a pure villain just for the sake of having an antagonist. A lot of the struggle seems internal and there is something very human about that. Thank you for writing this. I look forward to reading more if you choose to continue. I'm really rooting for Jane! She is a cool protagonist.
JoJo chapter 33 . 12/13/2017
It does sort of seem like Odin just did what he was always doing by making sure Loki wouldn't rule Asgard... While also cutting him off from everyone he knows other than Jane; which all seems kind of really unfair considering the obvious favoritism of his absurd leniency (which Jane pointed out) with Thor. I'm not convinced that Odin even can conceive of his own mistakes and biases let alone correct them, but as I said before (badly) I am totally in love with this story, so I'm waiting with baited breath for more. Also I am finding Thor and Frigga sort of adorably offensive in their dealings with Jane; Thor is busy claiming her like she's property, and Frigga is acting like she's some sort of throwback (absurdly not even acknowledging that she just built a whole new bi-frost even while they can't manage to fix an existing one).

It strikes me that the Asgardians are sort of super racist, while being convinced that they are more advanced than they really are. Thor seems like the perfect example of this to me, he has always seemed like the sort of jovial idiot that you get when your society heads into decline. I suspect that Odin took Loki because he knew that the Asire were getting stupid and the Frost Giants weren't, and he wanted to make sure there was an advisor there that would keep the kingdom buoyed up for another generation by doing all the actual work of ruling (that Thor seems to have no concept of) without actually being in power. My guess is that they talk down to the other races because they know that those races haven't begun to stagnate and will soon outstrip them but they want to maintain their perceived power over them.

Gosh that was a long review, hope I didn't tire you out with it. I hope to see more of this story very soon.
JoJo chapter 33 . 12/13/2017
OMG# I just mainline this story and I am dying for more! Please post more as soon as possible, I'm totally in love with this plot line.
mickeydawn995 chapter 33 . 11/28/2017
What? So Loki is effectively stripped of his title? Gosh darn it this chapter was too short! Haha it was great, a few grammatical errors as you anticipated but wonderful all the same. Absolutely love your writing style and your use of imagery. Keep up the good work! I can’t wait to read the next chapter!
I literally did nothin today but read this fic... so I hope you’re proud! You should be!
Huginn89 chapter 33 . 11/23/2017
I'm so glad to see an update from this fanfic. THANK YOU!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/22/2017
Such a good story! Looking forward to the next update!
lucel18 chapter 10 . 11/16/2017
Loooooove your characterizations of Loki & Jane...feels very canon...thank you!
Stella Limegood chapter 33 . 11/16/2017 really nailed that weird Odin is King, Father, politic, balance...just wow. Oh. But I feel for Jane and her worry for Loki!
Stella Limegood chapter 32 . 11/16/2017
I love this! Go JANE GO!
Ariel chapter 33 . 11/11/2017
It is astonishing how you make the characters so complex and real at the same time. Not the first time I hope this story is canon.
The thing about the movies is, they did not dig deep enough and so did not do the characters justice. But your work does. Your Jane is vibrant and smart and lovable. Your Odin is more father-like, as in wishing for the best for their children yet helplessly blinded in some ways and needing conversations to smooth out things with troubled sons, instead of a jerky parent that have done quite a great job in keeping nine realms in peace yet for no reason can do absolutely nothing to keep a family even a little bit more whole.
I always believe that most parents unquestionably love their children, that the problem is how to make sure the kids know that. Which is why I am always seeking fanfictions that characterise Odin as that, and can never fully love the movies.