Reviews for The Heart of a Man
Sandy chapter 5 . 6/14
Oh man need to finish story to see if Marco gets a new heart. Sad for him.
pandorablueskies chapter 5 . 2/5
Good story-I hope you'll add more soon. You've done a really good job of describing how someone who's young and is suddenly told he hasn't long to live reacts. I also like Chet's response, although I wonder how he'll react if a heart doesn't come through for Marco and he has to realize that God doesn't make bargains. Thanks for a good read!
Piscean6724 chapter 5 . 8/23/2013
A very sobering chapter. I'm so glad you are continuing this story. Great job!
jerseybelle chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
I do remember reading this a long time ago, but I'm reading it again. Excellent story.
Shirley Jean chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Very Good - very emotional story. I like how this story plays out, and touches everyone involved. I know that some of the reviews want to get technical, about how things should be handled and such, but sometimes, some of the best stories come from the heart, as I feel this one does. Thank you for sharing!
Guest chapter 4 . 4/7/2013
I really liked the scene between Marco and Chet, talking honestly about friendship and being there for a friend. That's not easy for a lot of men to talk about and the scene contained the awkwardness that I'd expect to see in real life.

But why on earth would Dr. Brackett call the station to tell Johnny and Roy that their patient died? Even in the decades before HIPPA, doctors and hospitals followed basic privacy guidelines, and on the show Roy or Johnny always had to ask what happened to a particular patient. As it appears here, it reads as if he calls just to upset Johnny and Roy, which seems kind of contrived to upset the Station 51 crew and the readers. It's forced and doesn't feel natural.

Good Chet insight in his chat with Father Mike. He's a complex and layered character and it's nice to see that portrayed.
Cap chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
I really hope to see an update on this amazing story soon.
sandybeliever chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
so sad
TheOtherLopez chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
I love how you write Marco and Chet's close friendship. Nice work!
lovepeacebird chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
Awesome this is the 3rd time i read it can't wait to see what happens next .
Piscean6724 chapter 3 . 2/9/2013
This is gut wrenching but very well done. It's great to see the friendship between Marco and Chet getting some attention. Nice job!
SaraiEsq chapter 3 . 2/9/2013
Ahhhh! Good work. When the site wasn't letting me see the updated chapter, I thought I was going to have to come knock on your door and beg to see it. :-)
CapLovesHankandKel chapter 2 . 2/2/2013
Wow oh so powerful! And one correction on spelling. If you are talking about God Almighty, please, write it as God. Little g is in my humble opinion disrespectful to God. So please just use the G and all will be fine!

Great story so far. Man I hope he can get a heart in time. Or maybe not? Would be an interesting turn of events if you allowed Marco to expire. Wow that could be some really emotional writing!

Rock on!
Paigygirl15 chapter 2 . 2/2/2013
I love this story! Can't wait for the next chapter! I feel so and for Chet and Marco... That must be a real shocker. Your a great writer!
SaraiEsq chapter 2 . 2/2/2013
I suddenly want to know what Chet's blood type is.