Reviews for Melting Points
Lizzieturbo chapter 4 . 2/17/2013
I am ridiculously obsessed with this story. Seriously, I had to go back today and read it again from chapter 1 straight through chapter 4 because I've loved each piece but I just had to see how they flowed together (spoiler alert: they flow friggin aMAZingly). Your prose is so perfectly simple. I just can't get enough. This story is the best part of my weekend now, which would be a sad fact if your writing wasn't just THAT good. Please continue. :)
Guest chapter 4 . 2/16/2013
You should write the next movie! I love that you have captured the moments we weren't able to see. Keep writing, you are doing great!
Tanba Josav chapter 4 . 2/16/2013
I couldn't do what Marta did, digging out the bullet, I'm too squeamish.

Love how they are still a bit combative with each other, after all they have only really known each other for a few days.

I'm curious to see if you're going to go backwards and fill in more gaps in the movie or push on forwards with your own version of what comes next.
astridv chapter 4 . 2/16/2013
... oops, that last comment was mine, ffn keeps logging me out.
Guest chapter 4 . 2/16/2013
Another excellent chapter. That ending was really asking for fic that fleshes it out some more, and this is so far my favorite take on it. You really got the characters down pat.

And nice touch with the food - that's something that gets often ignored (in canon too), but it makes sense that a metabolism like Aaron's will eventually break down without fuel. All that energy can't come out of nowhere. This adds a realistic touch.
ladygris chapter 4 . 2/15/2013
Another absolutely fantastic chapter! I'd love to see your take on how the story goes from here! Not ending, but progressing into the future.

Really enjoyed this one, though. How Aaron called her "Doc" and reminded her that she IS a doctor, the hints that he fought anesthesia back when she was working for Sterisyn, the way she put him to sleep so familiar and comforting to him...Just really great work!
Alpha Flyer chapter 4 . 2/15/2013
Thank you for this. I usually don't "favourite" an author on the strength of one story, but this ... Economical, lyrical, clear, and true. (And, besides, you know.) I so hope to read more soon.
assantra chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
I am enjoying this a lot. Hope you post more soon.
WhiteTree chapter 2 . 2/12/2013
I love the way you focus on the mind enhancement: "...it's surprising that when he's allowed to choose, he gravitates toward things that utilize his enhanced mind rather than his enhanced body. … Wait. No. Marta pictures the dim gaze of Kenneth J. Kitsom, and Aaron's choices aren't surprising at all." Brilliant.
Tanba Josav chapter 3 . 2/9/2013
Horay, new scene.

I think that moment in the movie when Aaron let down all his defences was perfect and I like that you looked deeper into that moment between the two. When Marta was the strong one and Aaron needed help to survive.

Thanks for writing
Alpha Flyer chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
My dear, this just keeps getting better and better. So many layers, in a single sentence (not to mention the rich cadence of the words): "The first whisper of dawn slants in the window across from her, a promise that time truly is passing and every hour he doesn't die increases the odds that he won't."

And this - the tyranny of dependency, so succinctly put: "I was nothing but a freaking dog after a cookie, do you understand that? Train me any way you wanted and I'd never think to question my training because I couldn't."

I had wished that the obscenity and the heroism of Aaron's fight had been more thoroughly shown in the film; thank you for doing it for us.
Wicked42 chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
Oh, wow. This chapter blew the first one away. At the beginning, when Marta thought Aaron had left, I felt her anguish. I loved her reaction, how he knew exactly what she'd been thinking.

Your writing style is breathtaking as well. Excellent grasp on the English language. Nicely done! :)
Wicked42 chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Oooh. I've only seen the movie twice, but this looks fabulous. I love snippets like this, and I definitely want to know more about his life BEFORE the chems.

Love the dialogue. So many people don't get that dialogue isn't a monologue. It's short sentences that answer questions, and on occasion, rambling that rarely makes sense. Kudos to you for figuring it out and playing that to perfection. :D

*keeps reading*
FlemilyHarper chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
I LOVED this chapter. Can't wait to see what's next. Look, I even commented (though that means I spent over an hour updating and cleaning out my profile, which let's face it, needed to be done anyway). But this isn't about me. It's about this story and how in love with it I am. So . . . hurry up and finish it (also because Marcus and Lee are waiting).
Tanba Josav chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
I'm with Marta, I had no idea what Aaron was doing with the camera either. I'm liking seeing these two begin to properly connect.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you go next
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »