Reviews for Melting Points
WhiteTree chapter 2 . 2/12/2013
I love the way you focus on the mind enhancement: "...it's surprising that when he's allowed to choose, he gravitates toward things that utilize his enhanced mind rather than his enhanced body. … Wait. No. Marta pictures the dim gaze of Kenneth J. Kitsom, and Aaron's choices aren't surprising at all." Brilliant.
Tanba Josav chapter 3 . 2/9/2013
Horay, new scene.

I think that moment in the movie when Aaron let down all his defences was perfect and I like that you looked deeper into that moment between the two. When Marta was the strong one and Aaron needed help to survive.

Thanks for writing
Alpha Flyer chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
My dear, this just keeps getting better and better. So many layers, in a single sentence (not to mention the rich cadence of the words): "The first whisper of dawn slants in the window across from her, a promise that time truly is passing and every hour he doesn't die increases the odds that he won't."

And this - the tyranny of dependency, so succinctly put: "I was nothing but a freaking dog after a cookie, do you understand that? Train me any way you wanted and I'd never think to question my training because I couldn't."

I had wished that the obscenity and the heroism of Aaron's fight had been more thoroughly shown in the film; thank you for doing it for us.
Wicked42 chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
Oh, wow. This chapter blew the first one away. At the beginning, when Marta thought Aaron had left, I felt her anguish. I loved her reaction, how he knew exactly what she'd been thinking.

Your writing style is breathtaking as well. Excellent grasp on the English language. Nicely done! :)
Wicked42 chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Oooh. I've only seen the movie twice, but this looks fabulous. I love snippets like this, and I definitely want to know more about his life BEFORE the chems.

Love the dialogue. So many people don't get that dialogue isn't a monologue. It's short sentences that answer questions, and on occasion, rambling that rarely makes sense. Kudos to you for figuring it out and playing that to perfection. :D

*keeps reading*
FlemilyHarper chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
I LOVED this chapter. Can't wait to see what's next. Look, I even commented (though that means I spent over an hour updating and cleaning out my profile, which let's face it, needed to be done anyway). But this isn't about me. It's about this story and how in love with it I am. So . . . hurry up and finish it (also because Marcus and Lee are waiting).
Tanba Josav chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
I'm with Marta, I had no idea what Aaron was doing with the camera either. I'm liking seeing these two begin to properly connect.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you go next
bonitasenorita chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
Wow great chapters so far
Alpha Flyer chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
Loved the snappy tac-tac-tac of the dialogue of two very bright people; the little glimpses of normalcy in an abnormal world (bagels, Subway, Sudoku, family dichotomies). This: "Justin Bieber?" "There are lines I won't cross."

Basically, my friend, I adore this very adult, very real look at the unseen gaps between the flashy action. What fan fiction should be.
assantra chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
I like this a lot and would love to see more of it. Its very different.
ladygris chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
"There are lines I won't cross." ROFL!

Another wonderful chapter! I thoroughly enjoyed the almost mundane blended with the reality that she's dependent on him right now. The little moments-needing food, catching the napkin, the headboard hurting her neck-all offset the panic at the beginning. And they enhance the quiet moment these two shared.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Tanba Josav chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
I like what you've written and can't wait to see what other missing scenes you'll write
Kshar chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I really liked this and the thoughtful way you characterize Marta. I look forward to reading more!
H chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Very good. I think you captured Marta's tone and cadence accurately! Can't wait to read more
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Five.

You succeeded beautifully in capturing the rawness and hurt we saw all too briefly, when Aaron realizes he was never more than a number to the person who changed his life. Love the economy of your prose; you give us exactly enough.

I look forward to taking the rest of that journey with you.
49 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »