Reviews for phantom pain
Virtually Forgotten chapter 2 . 4/3/2013
I am absolutely enraptured by this story. I've been looking for a fic that explored more in depth Sasuke and Sakura's state of mind and character development following the Sasuke-tried-to-kill-Sakura incident. A lot of fanfics tend to ignore that it even happened or when they try to write Sasuke/Sakura-centric fanfics they tend to completely disregard how the two of them overcame the obstacle of "hey, we both tried to kill each other". I like how deeply you analyze both characters and shared their thoughts and I think the Sasuke part of this chapter was very important as well and showing how at the time even he felt betrayed. I hope this review is coherent, I tend to write pretty jumbled reviews but I really, really, look forward to an update!
Your-Room-Is-A-Mess chapter 2 . 3/24/2013
I don't think she'll be this mess. Sakura's trauma is all about whether she's useful or not. However, I like all aspects of Sakura to be explored, so 0ll be following this. Thanks for the prompt. :)
JinnySkeans chapter 2 . 3/23/2013
So, so glad I came across this story.

People gloss over Sakura's recovery in stories, because its an uncomfortable subject to screw around with. Everyone is always in such a hurry to have her reconcile with Sasuke when in reality, it's an insult to her as a human being to just assume that things can be normal again so quickly. I can't stand unrealistic love stories, they come across as shallow and meaningless. Real relationships are built from a solid foundation, not from a writer's impatience to have a hero and heroine make out immediately. So I think it's brilliant you're tackling this subject that makes so many people squeamish.

I really liked the insight into Sasukes mind also. It's still entirely about Sakura and her recovery process but the way you described his feelings the day he fought with Sakura was exactly the way I always pictured he felt: a blind, single-minded fury that the girl who made him all those promises could betray him. He wasn't thinking about what he did to her or what her motives were. And I thought you captured that beautifully, his narrow line of thought.

I always enjoy your writing and I'm really excited about this one. Thank you for such brilliant storytelling. :)

Xoxo daisy :)
Girlalicious chapter 2 . 3/22/2013
Omggggggg :D cliffy
THIS STORY IS DOING GREAT. Don't stop it /3 readers will cry
Nom de Plume chapter 2 . 3/20/2013
You got me in knots from just reading the constant coil Sakura has twisted herself in.
But while I know this is an exploration of Sakura's trauma after the 'incident,' I really liked your inclusion of Sasuke's mindset during the 'kill.'

After that scene in the manga, a lot of authors had made him out to be the bad guy- the one who finally lost it- or temporarily lost it, but while you did elude to that, you also expanded on his feeling of 'betrayal' at the time and that really hit home for me because the canon-Sasuke we know now is the product of betrayal from his childhood. His brother. And the very home he had found comfort in at one point? Well would you look at that, instigated his whole family's massacre. And then suddenly the one teammate who had shown nothing but adoration and cried tears for him? Turned around to find her ready to stab his back. Really.. if all of that had piled on me, I think I would have been insane - permanently. That's not to say of course that his counterattack was justified but I like how you're not victimizing one person- the road always goes both ways, and there was a path on how each got there.

End my philosophical spiel and onto their rendez-vous!
Beautifully Deranged chapter 2 . 3/20/2013
Wow this story is great! I hope you update soon. I really love the issue you are addressing with sakura and sasuke, its definitely something I havent seen in other saku/sasu fanfiction!
sai ninja chapter 2 . 3/20/2013
Argh, I wish the chapter was longer! This is very good, I like how this fic addresses Sakura's pain but also gives us Sasuke's pov as well. I hope you'll update quick :)
Shira753 chapter 2 . 3/20/2013
Love this fic, really. It's awsome. Keep updating, your talent deserves the waiting
vanilla.twit chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
I am in love with your characterization of Sakura. It fits her perfectly :) thank you for this update!
marie chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
Amazing!
Anautumnlady chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
If it’s me you were referring (and I don’t think there were other disagreements :D)…well…I’m not offended. To tell the truth I feel honoured! :)
And I can see where you are coming from, it was a traumatic thing, after all...I just hope she'll get over it soon (she's not an abused woman nor a child), but don’t listen to my rants, it’s your story, and a good one: Sasuke' point of view ( "she wasn't allowed to turn on him after all the promises") was gold.
The Scarlett Ribbon chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
OH MY GOD
This is basically perfection. This is everything I want to see, and which people are so eager to gloss over. Because - because I think Sakura would be traumatised. How could she not be?
And I loved Sasuke's perspective on it, the guilt and the regret - but more than that, the active approach he is taking to her wellbeing. He wants to help her heal.
It just reminds me of that scene in the manga when he sees how depressed she is and chooses to actively cheer her up.
But I also loved his recollection of his attempt to kill her, because I do strongly suspect that it came as much from a sense of betrayal at SAKURA being the one to pull a kunai on him, as it did from being totally batshit crazy. He was hurt. He lashed out in the worst way, but it shows that even at his lowest, how Sakura feels about him, and how he feels about her, makes him react.
So yeah, to repeat. This is perfection. And I really want to know what happens next.
Thank you so much for updating!
LoLi15 chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
You can do it Sakura!
Gurrenn chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
Phenomenal. I actually had a dream last night about Sakura's prescription drug use, and how she was on multiple prescriptions. Ironically I read the chapter this morning and she has sleep aid prescriptions!

I love how you portrayed both Sakura and Sasuke's inner conflict with their situation especially the fact that Sakura understands that she's being irrational with her behavior, but it's something that she can't help.

I'm excited for the next chapter and how that will go. Also, do you see Sakura being an alcoholic like Tsunade? You know, maybe for coping methods for nightmares or something.
Kiiki chapter 2 . 3/19/2013