Reviews for One Bright Summer's Day
Mercury'sShadow chapter 4 . 2/4
This is a wonderful story. The suspense is killing me. Will Arwen be okay? Did Elrond give so much of himself that he can't recover? Your writing style is wonderful. Hope you continue with this.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/7/2014
oh my god where's the rest of the story! what have you done with it! don't hold it hostage!
please update soon :(

BTW he was the one the was teaching Arwen to dance in your awesomely adorable fanfic where she dances with Elrond and then he runs with her on his to the dining hall I can't remember the name of it though.
Tauriel chapter 4 . 1/18/2014
Love it! Update soon please(:
HelloDenmark chapter 4 . 9/5/2013
This is a really good story. I can't wait to find out what happens, please update soon :D
LadyLindariel chapter 4 . 8/7/2013
OOOH! I hope Arwen will be okay and what of her father? AHHG! I hate cliffhangers! Love all of your work, you are marked as one of my favorite authors! Update soon please?!
jabberwocki chapter 4 . 7/1/2013
Yes, interested!
nd poor arwen D:
SiriusBlackFan2 chapter 4 . 5/14/2013
Wow! I love this story so far and can't wait to read more.

Update soon!
Elen-Silver Star chapter 4 . 4/19/2013
Dear Seren,

I want you to know that you are KILLING me here. I NEED to know what happens next. The idea of writing this chapter from a different elf's point of view is brilliant, and at the same time soooo stressful, because you put the reader in the same situation as said character in which we still do not know what is happening! And I am dying to know! As usual, your writing was simply beautiful and perfectly smooth, the lines flowing from one another perfectly, taking me through the story at a paced rhythm, and allowing me the exact amount of time to immerse into the scene and live through it as if I was there. beautiful.

TheHouseWitch chapter 4 . 4/16/2013
Lovely story. I'm so curious what's going to happen next. You're really good with mystery and suspense.
I love how you portrayed Celebrían as the worried mother, and Elladan really showed his character with his leavelheaded mind. I have always seen Elladan as a leader so I liked your portrayal of him.
Interesting to read this chapter from another POV. I'm wondering what character was supposed to be the center of this chapter, Celebrían perhaps?
Anyway I'm so curious to see where you're going to take this. I'm also very curious about those floorplans or layouts. I love architecture and have been planning on making my own floorplans for Elrond's house but haven't found the time to actually sit down and do so. Plus I'm not the best drawer, so I would love to see how you envision it. It's actually really hard to envision a different Rivendell from the movies, and though I absolutely love the design in the movies I would have loved to see more. I'm still figuring out how everything is internally connected. Where the hall of fire would be, and where the kitchens, the private family quarters etc, etc interlock with each other. Also how everything generally looks around Rivendell. Can you hear that I'm obsessed with Rivendell? It's actually getting out of control, sigh, at least there are others who appear to be as enthusiastic as I am :)
So if you would either PM me or link your sketches I would personally love to see it.
All the best and good luck with your WIP's.
lackam chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
I would love to see the pictures of the house. Love the story also.
Crookneck chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
Still hasn’t been a great week but hey, the sun just came out for a few seconds and I’ve got a new chapter here to enjoy! It’s become sort of a ritual, actually – your updates are a great way to unwind and focus on something altogether different and entirely delightful.

Ha, of course I remember who Cólalph is! Your OC that you said nobody could steal at the beginning of that one-shot and I wanted to steal him anyways because I already love him even though we haven’t really met him yet (I haven’t actually read this chapter yet) because anybody who teaches dance gets a star in my book. Too bad brownie points don’t necessarily brownies. ;)

Unsurprisingly, I think the intro two paragraphs are beautiful. What a lovely word picture you paint. The whole sequence of waking up and going through the House and to the kitchens reminds me very much of something I’d read in Redwall. I LOVE the detail of him hearing the footsteps of all those people, being able to tell who was who, who was a guest, etc – that is something I’d expect from an elven dance teacher, though I never would have thought of it. I also just love how you take the time to describe his approach to his own surroundings – how keenly he listens, how closely he watches. He seems to step carefully within the circles that he chooses to put himself into. When he sits back to wait with the cheese melting on the bread, and just watches what’s going on, that’s another great detail. Many OC’s don’t get this kind of care, Cólalph must be pretty thankful!

This whole scene with Cólalph seems completely out of the blue, a bit of a strange place to develop a character, but it’s all just such fun! The dialogue is great, the actions are great, the atmosphere… I just love the detail that he doesn’t much like to eat in the dining hall, I think I can relate to that… it’s an odd quirk to give a character in this setting, I really enjoy that. Caillaer IS a good friend! I like her. I suspect Cólalph does as well… Have we met her before? She seems familiar.

Cólalph is rather an oddball, eh? Not given to gossip, I see. It is an interesting choice you made as the author to have the character leave in the middle of listening to the conversation between the cook and the gardener. You must know that the reader is interested in hearing what the gardener had to say, yet still you peel us from that conversation to remain true to Cólalph’s character – that is jarring, and also wonderful. I must say, I really did like hearing the conversation between all the kitchen OC’s, it’s not often that we get to hear from the… well, blue-collar Imladris, for lack of a better word or phrase.

I love the reminder we get when Celerían and Cólalph enter the gardens – despite what’s happening, it’s still a bright summer’s day… and may I say how much I appreciate reading about a bright summer’s day right now!

Wow, the one time Cólalph chooses to stand his ground, he stands in front of Celebrían?! An oddball and perhaps a bit of a nut, then, though a nut with more courage than he thinks he has… I’ve never tried to imagine Celebrían speaking with venom in her voice, that was interesting.

I would call the entire setting here phenomenal. You’ve clearly got a great picture in your head (and on paper – I just saw your maps on Arda, holy muffins those are amazing!) of how the whole house is drawn out, down to the placement of ovens and cheese cellars in the kitchens! Wow, I wouldn’t even think of putting a cheese cellar into the picture, it’s details like that that just make the whole place come alive. As I believe another reviewer mentioned, it was a strange and unexpected shift in POV but you did such a great job developing his character – and what a character he is – that it was all just as interesting as the story thus far. This definitely adds an exciting new element. This is fabulous storytelling!

Marvel-Tolkien Fangirl chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
Amazing story, as always! I hope Arwen and Elrond will be alright, please update soon! :)
Live.Laugh.Love.Listen.Music chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
Another great chapter! It is great that you involved Celebrian because most people tend to forget she exists - nice to see her have a role! I would be really interested in seeing those maps as I have a fanfiction that I am planning which involves the founding of Imladris, so I am trying to get a general feel for the layout and size of the House and it's surroundings. If I could see your maps it would be great!
Oleanne chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
Ah, so we finally see Celebrian - distraught as any Mother would be! Elladan comes across as focused and mature - stepping up when he is needed. It is good that he came for his Mother. I like your development of a new character - Cólalph and the small insights he gives about the valley with his interactions in the kitchen. Keep up the good work!
Ju chapter 4 . 4/15/2013
HI !
I'm so happy to read this story once again ! I must admit that I thought it was quite strange to have another POV for this story but in the end, it works well. We're still wondering what is happening and we can imagine the main characters' thoughts. So, great. Hope to read more soon !