Reviews for Altered Futures
XX-Samantha-XX chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
There may not have been any whump but there was plenty of mental angst to keep me here haha Great story...they both need to stay friends ! They both need each other hehehe great job!
autumnamberleaves chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Aww another sweet one shot from you, you are becoming one of my favorite authors here! I love the bromance you have in here. Once again, I'll share my favorite bit, "The parole hearing had slayed him inside; speaking at his mother's parole hearing, in her favor, for the first time; actually saying he had forgiven her and it was time for them to also. "What's changed? I have. I forgive her." But it was the eye of silent resentment from his sister after the hearing that he feared had forever altered his future and not in a good way; her cold expression and her back turned to him in silent defiance as she left the hearing room, not looking back that had him reeling the most; his mind now wondering if he had forever damaged a bond between brother and sister who had been left near orphans fifteen years ago. But the worst was still to come." Poor, poor Casey! Lovely and wonderful gem!

-Aut
ShadowWolfDagger chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
I absolutely love the bromance of the story.
Michelle Inman chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Ummm. Nope, not boring. Showing a deeper side of their friendship. They need each other but neither one of them wants to admit it. Hate how the Ernie storyline ended. Showed the heart of Chief Boden and so very sad. I know it happens in RL, but hate it still. Keep our boys coming. Just love Team Sexy!
SlippedHalo8186 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Boring...
Hehehe sorry, I had to do that LOL
No I couldn't find anything boring at all I really enjoyed it.
I love the way you write the bond of friendship between these two I know they may have their differences but It's good to know they also have each others backs .I know how are it is for big tough men to talk like that...but I also know that when they do it does help knowing that theirs someone their for them. Well written :)
CM-x-SN-x-HP-x-roxmysox chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Loved it...Keep up the good work! :D
fireflyangel0511 chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
This is my first Chicago fire fan fiction I have read and I love the friendship between casey and severide. Glad that they could talk about personal things with each other and get advice. Great writing :)
jh126 chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Are you kidding?! Wasn't boring at all. Loved it!
I like Kelly and Casey working on their friendship. It's nice that each one is there for the other. Want to see lots more of that.
I liked the scenes with Kelly with his dad, on the last episode. It was obvious that they don't have a huggy-type relationship, let alone stating love for each other, but there is enough there between them that Kelly knew/expected his dad would say what he needed to hear, and that he did in fact do just that. And it's understandable that Matt misses that with his dad, is even jealous of Kelly for that.
Too bad Casey wasn't aware of how deep he'd committed himself to his mother. Forgiving her for her deed is one thing, having to share his home with her upon her release, is going way beyond forgiveness. Glad that Kelly offered an escape whenever it might be necessary. But that's whatg friends do for each other.
Thanks for the alert! Look forward to more from you!
2002Deacon chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
I like it! Very much so. The way that Casey is at the beginning of this, feeling alone and without anyone to talk to, is spot on. I have been feeling this way about Casey for awhile now, ever since he & Hallie seperated, and even before then. Casey needs a friend, someone that he can confide in and bounce ideas off of. Casey spends so much of his time helping other people, and then it seems like no one has time for him, at least not as a friend.

I also have felt this way about Severide. So often it seems like he has wanted to talk to Casey, but either one or the other was busy at the moment, and so it gets put off until later. Remember in the pilot episode how much tension between Severide and Casey, and then it is resolved with a simple glance and nod of the head between the two of them. Now that is friendship!

Severide & Shay have a cute friendship, but not the same as what he has with Casey. There are times when guys need to have "guy talk", and your fan fic captures this beautifully. For that matter, Casey & Hallie had a nice relationship, but did not always see eye to eye. For example, each one had a different idea of how to respond to Voight.

In this story I love how Casey tries to "resist" the conversation at first, but Severide patiently but stubbornly refuses to let him go. I also like how they find something to be competitive about (in a friendly way), even when at the lake, that being the rock skipping.

Casey and Severide obviously have many people that care about them, but from time to time they need to have moments like this, for "guy talk". Everyone relies on them for help, and forgets that from time to time they need help too.

Sorry, my review is ending up being longer than the fan fic itself. Very well done, and very believable. If only the show could slow down once in awhile and have scenes like this. It is always such a hectic pace on the show (but I love it!). As you have said online, bring on the bromance between Casey and Severide. I would definitely be interested in reading more of your fan fics. Thanks.
Craftygirl11 chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I liked it a lot. I wish that the writer's could do the the casey/severide moments more on the show too.
penguino3782 chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
True, there was no whump in this one, but I still loved it! And I agree, there definitely needs to be more Casey/Severude bromantic momebts
J9yee chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
I love that your fics completely fits! Always exactly what is missing, but better than I could ever imagine. Enjoyable read.
ShippingEverything chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Omfg. Gahh, you're awesome. Like really, you have so much talent. Once again, great one-shot. You capture the characters like none other (: And I love our "Team Sexy" (; Do they have a ship name? Once again, good job. c:
blueoctober chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
:D Loved it and it fits perfectly with the episode. Really wish the show had a similar scene, maybe next week... In the meantime, it's time to catch up with your other stories! :) Thanks for posting this.
Laura chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
I like it! I am not a fan of whump/peril all the time so this was a nice break!

Glad to see they have each other to help through their issues. They will be ok if they stick to each other.

You're going to be busy - 2 new stories to write at the same time?