Reviews for Denial
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 8/29
Excellent chapter. Fairly soon, Hermione will move from grief, has passed through apathy, is currently headed towards annoyance, and will soon touch the heights of white-hot rage (on occasion). None of this will mar her work with Snape, of course. Unless her magic gets out of hand.

I like the paradoxical reactions of Cordelia and Jane, Hermione's mother. Cordelia sees no need to upset the rest of the family, while Jane would like to Hermione to burn her bridges (though I bet she'd like Hermione to do so with the entire magical world, that's not going to happen).

Lance is no fool, and realizes that the marriage between Cordelia and Severus is nearly as bogus as that between Hermione and Theo. He sees sparks flying, eventually, and is making sure he has a ringside seat.

Let the games begin!
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 8/27
I'm glad Snape made her position with the Mills so clear (if Ron had abandoned her rather than Theo, it's hard to tell which way the Weasleys would have gone; but I think Snape is on sure ground with his own sort of family. Which makes me wonder how the Mills actually feel about him, given that Cordelia hasn't formally abandoned him, but is certainly gone a lot of the time).
Shadowhunter02 chapter 32 . 8/27
I've only just started to read this chapter when I had just face palmed myself. I had remember that I wrote not too long ago about forgetting Cordelia's and Lance's last name when I've been reading it over and over and over and over again. It was very stupid of me to just forget something like that. Very very stupid! *more facepalming*
Shadowhunter02 chapter 31 . 8/27
Omg! Omg! Omg! I just absolutely adore Lance! He is just so cute! (In not a weird way) He is just so freakishly hilarious and just so ...hslsbslsbwsisn! And I just LOVED his name! Lance! Lancelot! It's just so beautiful! *breaks out crying*
Shadowhunter02 chapter 30 . 8/27
LoL! When I read Cordilia's initials that were carved into her trunk it just reminded me of another fictional character from one of my favourite books. If anyone who has read The Mortal Instruments they would probably get it.
C. A. Mill. - Camille Belcourt
From this day on Cordilia's whatever her last name is, would be as known as the crazy woman who lives blood (if anyone catches my drift). Wink! Wink! Nudge! Nudge!
1066AndAllThat chapter 34 . 8/23
Just finished reading thisI'm a first time reader. It was a great story; very well written. I enjoyed it, a lot. You really captured all the characters, Severus especially. I enjoyed his wit and sarcasm. To be honest, despite his dour persona I think he'd be great craic to be around. Lol. Thank you for writing and posting it
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 8/22
I know all about natural childbirth, and I heartily disapprove of it. I'm with Queen Victoria on this one (look up her attitude about chloroform and what she said to some bishops who disagreed with her).

Sadly, Theo is right and having a baby isn't going to improve this mess (at least not with him).

But they ended up marrying in the strictest form of marriage-is divorce even possible?
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 8/19
Ah. It turns out that Snape was right about Hermione and Theodore after all. Hermione is a grownup; Theodore is um, Nott. So to speak.

And Theo will act out more and start making unreasonable demands that conflict with Hermione's ambitions, and so it will be Hermione's fault when he acts out even more.

Obviously, Snape is holding open that position for Hermione for when the right time comes.

Given what Cordelia has helped turn Theo into, perhaps it's just as well that Severus and Cordelia don't have any children (though Theo bears a lot of responsibility himself).
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 8/17
Well, isn't Cordelia special. Why can't she present the pendant herself? Oh, never mind...why is she married to Snape, anyway?

That's sad about the goblin rings, though. And of *course* Hermione and Theodore will be faithful forever. Um, yeah.

And Severus likes what he sees...
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 8/15
Hermione is concealing her doubts and crying herself to sleep. Not an auspicious start to a marriage.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 8/12
Theo doesn't understand the rewards of effort, since he's never really had to make any; Hermione is um, otherwise directed.

What happens when they've been gone a yet and Theo doesn't want to go back? Ever?

And as for Snape, who has had to make efforts all his life, and is only now getting any kind of rewards-well, he understands Theo a great deal.

Still don't know why he and Cordelia are married, frankly.
Mystique84 chapter 8 . 8/10
Chatper 8:
Snape - YOU. LOVE. HER.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 8/9
She can kiss that job with the Department of Mysteries good-bye-Nott will take her off to Paris instead.

And this is just the first of many conflicts ahead.

But of course, Snape can't be right about them...
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 8/7
Oops. Snape is absolutely right (though he isn't admitting his own marriage is an example of people making a bargain to stay in Britain).

It could be worse, though-he could be married to Blaise Zabini's mother, and have to check his food and drink every day.

However, Hermione seems to marrying the only one left she can stand rather than making a clear choice about her life.
Your pro-life rhetoric is charming, as is your inability to see women as anything other than child-birthers. An interesting twist on the Marriage Law trope has petered out into a soap opera of OOC characters. I'm left finishing the story out of a sense of duty than anything else. You get points for analyzing the effects of such a Law though, and the unhappiness it creates
1,398 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »