Reviews for Denial
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 9/30
Theo really *is* that dense, sigh...and it so serves him right.
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 9/29
It will be difficult to keep to the separation they need to in order to avoid scandal, and things will become more so once Cordelia returns from her latest sojourn with her sweetie.

But they are having a lovely honeymoon phase (and not only will Lance remain discreet, he'll probably act as lookout if required to do so. Padma might fill the same role running interference with Hermione's other friends if she's taken into confidence-and especially if she ever meets Cordelia).
Thank you for this lovely story. Hermione and Severus deserved such a thoughtful take on the many what-ifs fizzing around this website and elsewhere.
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 9/25
Fans self vigorously; I'm sure there's something magical about Hermione's hair to finally break Severus' self-control, but whatever it was, it worked. And yes, Hermione's reaction was perfectly understandable-and so was his.

And yet, they cannot live without love, and Cordelia, already in the arms of her own lover, can just suck it.

Gosh, poor Theo. Not.
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 9/22
Yes, the ice is thin and near to breaking.

And if the Marriage Act was to promote population growth, it hasn't seemed to work very well. Only a few of the couples are expecting, and even the ones with children may not be that happy as a couple. Theo ran at the idea of children, and Cordelia, though she is still of the right age-well, perhaps she knows better than to try to pass a child of someone else as Snape's. He is, after all, a Potions Master.

I love that rooftop garden, though-it's delightful! And I am glad that Minerva is encouraging, if only for the sake of Hermione's happiness (her regard for Snape's happiness has never been quite as forthcoming, alas).

I just bet that Cordelia is not sleeping alone that night, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 9/19
Oh, yes, Hermione is more alive around Snape, and he around her; Cordelia already knows it and has her nose out of joint about it, because she's not fair, and Padma sees it now.

Of *course* they're not going to act on it.

Um, yeah.

Very good chapter, and I love how Hermione nailed St. Mungo's to the wall. Ha!
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 9/15
Ah. So, Cordelia is perfectly happy with her lover, but doesn't want Snape to be happy at all. So like Theo! I do hope Severus wasn't stupid enough to take any stupid vows, though after his mother's experience, he wasn't likely to.

And the ring. Cordelia is p*ssy and Lance is helpful. I'll take Mr. Gaudy Robes any day.

Hmm. Could be about time to deep-six that Marriage Act, given its relative lack of success.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 9/12
I like Morag, and her assistant, too. And having plenty of Pepperup in winter will be a huge advantage (not sure how much sunscreen is needed in Scotland in summer, even if they're way too close to the Arctic Circle to suit me).

Hermione's eyes have definitely been opened, though; obviously, Snape understands the situation, while Lance is speculating (probably truthfully) about the future. And of course Minerva is no fool, and has a pretty good idea what kind of marriage Severus actually made.

But Snape does have scruples; he wasn't raised pureblood by any means, and Cordelia's conduct probably does hurt him, no matter what he's saying to Hermione.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 9/8
Sybil has it dead right-Snape will find a wife within the year, a real one. Minerva is right about Hermione and Snape and so is Neville.

Now Hermione knows they are right.

Snape is still sailing on De Nial-but I suspect that won't last long, not if he's been inhaling the fumes from that new potion all night long.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 9/7
If Hermione does end up in Snape's bed, Cordelia had better keep quiet; I'm sure her husband has enough evidence to take her to divorce court and then some, if he ended up pushed into being rude about things. Perhaps she ought to realize that her husband can't live forever on her occasional appearances at breakfast-it's pretty clear that she has made a nice life for herself with someone else, whoever that might, and that Theo Nott comes by his casual ways honestly.

And I don't blame Snape for not wanting to go back to Hogwarts. He was miserable there for decades since he was eleven. It is nice to see Hagrid greeting him so ardently, considering how much the half-giant thought of Albus.

But I suspect everyone at Hogwarts knows all about Cordelia, too, and are probably just surprised he showed up at all.
Jessie Deal chapter 34 . 9/4
Thank you so much for this great story.
I am really glad that Hermione lost her baby in the end. It was better to them be together without the extra complications of a baby on the way. I also really appreciated how you handled the marriage with Theo and the whole 'unhappily married' part in particular. Just because someone is *together* doesn't mean they are happy - or should be having children. And children don't solve problematic marriage. Thank you for stressing that.
I really felt the story flowed and your style was wonderful. I hope you write more fanficion for us greedy fans and that you have success with your original books as well.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 8/31
Both of them are coming alive, not just Hermione. I bet Cordelia has noticed it, too, and might be wondering if she should ah, take precautions.

As for humming in the lab-well, that's in my family as well. Be glad you don't have four little old ladies in the kitchen all humming the same off-key tune...
dava chapter 33 . 8/30
I'm from Roumania, and i read the first part of the story in hungarian. It is amazing. I have left a comment in hungarian to the girl, who tranlated it, but suddendly, reading the last sentence, i feel the need to leave a messege. This is one of the most amazing stories that i have read. And the last sentence is one of the most beautiful one. Excuse me for my english, i know it's bad, but thank you for this amaying, breathtaking experience, which this story is. I am very grateful.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 8/29
Excellent chapter. Fairly soon, Hermione will move from grief, has passed through apathy, is currently headed towards annoyance, and will soon touch the heights of white-hot rage (on occasion). None of this will mar her work with Snape, of course. Unless her magic gets out of hand.

I like the paradoxical reactions of Cordelia and Jane, Hermione's mother. Cordelia sees no need to upset the rest of the family, while Jane would like to Hermione to burn her bridges (though I bet she'd like Hermione to do so with the entire magical world, that's not going to happen).

Lance is no fool, and realizes that the marriage between Cordelia and Severus is nearly as bogus as that between Hermione and Theo. He sees sparks flying, eventually, and is making sure he has a ringside seat.

Let the games begin!
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 8/27
I'm glad Snape made her position with the Mills so clear (if Ron had abandoned her rather than Theo, it's hard to tell which way the Weasleys would have gone; but I think Snape is on sure ground with his own sort of family. Which makes me wonder how the Mills actually feel about him, given that Cordelia hasn't formally abandoned him, but is certainly gone a lot of the time).
1,411 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »