Reviews for Denial
Guest chapter 34 . 10/21/2015
I thoroughly enjoyed rereading this story. Thank you for writing it. I hope your writing is going well.
excessivelyperky chapter 31 . 10/20/2015
Well, it's a good thing that the divorce is going to happen rather more speedily than anyone expected, given Hermione's calendar has changed so drastically.

And...it was Gryffindor-like honesty that won in the end. (though I am quite surprised that any Slytherin was allowed to be Head Boy or Head Girl while Dumbledore was Headmaster).

Excellent resolution.
excessivelyperky chapter 30 . 10/17/2015
Yes! Severus is being sensible-if they cannot marry in Britain, then they don't have to be in Britain.

But would it be wrong to *hint* to Cordelia that her continued health could be at stake if she's too stubborn?

I love the day they had in Paris; I think that says "I love you" about as well as the words would. However, the words. "I'm getting a divorce from Cordelia" should really nail it down. Snape is more for actions than words, and both are pretty important actions.
excessivelyperky chapter 29 . 10/17/2015
I think Hermione increased Snape's trust in her by asking to confide in Padma instead of just doing it; she showed respect for his privacy, explained her needs, and showed how Padma was worthy of trust. For her to go to that much effort meant that she understood how important it was. I'm sure Snape paid attention to that.

And Severus finally realizes that a) Lily is over, and b) he loves Hermione. Well, he would trust a potion to show him the truth more than his own heart, since it's betrayed him before in the past and led him to trust people (cough Albus cough cough) that he shouldn't have.

But now he knows that his love, and hers, is real.

And you can tell that Padma and Hermione are ethical people, because there's still one alternative that hasn't occurred to them to resolve the Cordelia situation...
excessivelyperky chapter 28 . 10/14/2015
I thought it was Snape! The price for a dead Nagini is high, but clearly well worth it.

And...if Cordelia wants to marry her beloved once she's past fifty, she'll need *Snape* to sign, as well. Two can play that game.

Plus, Hermione is such a Gryffindor, while Snape is much too ethical for his own good. There is another solution here, if Snape and Hermione are pushed too hard. A very Slytherin one. Hermione won't think of it, but I suspect Severus already has.

So, Cordelia's bathing, right? How careful is she about her soaps, shampoos and bath oils?
excessivelyperky chapter 27 . 10/10/2015
Ok, the divorce is final, the rings are gone, and now...Hermione has six months. If I were Cordelia, I would be very careful what I ate or drank...
excessivelyperky chapter 26 . 10/7/2015
Oh, yes, Severus can be an idiot; and he's right, he doesn't get flirted with that much, and never did. Although doing so around Hermione is pretty crass. I am glad she accepted his apology, though, and bringing up Lily was kind of over the top, even for her.

That golden cauldron says how he *really* feels. His deeds have always spoken louder than his words. Fortunately she finally realized that.

But they are now making exceptions to their weekend-only rule.

And oops, Theo is back. He'll be just as possessive as Cordelia, Because Nott, and then Severus will go nuts watching them.
excessivelyperky chapter 25 . 10/4/2015
Ah; Hermione feels too little guilt (surprised she feels any-after all, she spent seven years being told anything a Gryffindor did was right), and Snape feels too much (being told the same thing for far, far longer). One hopes they will meet in the middle somewhere.
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 9/30/2015
Theo really *is* that dense, sigh...and it so serves him right.
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 9/29/2015
It will be difficult to keep to the separation they need to in order to avoid scandal, and things will become more so once Cordelia returns from her latest sojourn with her sweetie.

But they are having a lovely honeymoon phase (and not only will Lance remain discreet, he'll probably act as lookout if required to do so. Padma might fill the same role running interference with Hermione's other friends if she's taken into confidence-and especially if she ever meets Cordelia).
Guest chapter 34 . 9/26/2015
Thank you for this lovely story. Hermione and Severus deserved such a thoughtful take on the many what-ifs fizzing around this website and elsewhere.
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 9/25/2015
Fans self vigorously; I'm sure there's something magical about Hermione's hair to finally break Severus' self-control, but whatever it was, it worked. And yes, Hermione's reaction was perfectly understandable-and so was his.

And yet, they cannot live without love, and Cordelia, already in the arms of her own lover, can just suck it.

Gosh, poor Theo. Not.
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 9/22/2015
Yes, the ice is thin and near to breaking.

And if the Marriage Act was to promote population growth, it hasn't seemed to work very well. Only a few of the couples are expecting, and even the ones with children may not be that happy as a couple. Theo ran at the idea of children, and Cordelia, though she is still of the right age-well, perhaps she knows better than to try to pass a child of someone else as Snape's. He is, after all, a Potions Master.

I love that rooftop garden, though-it's delightful! And I am glad that Minerva is encouraging, if only for the sake of Hermione's happiness (her regard for Snape's happiness has never been quite as forthcoming, alas).

I just bet that Cordelia is not sleeping alone that night, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 9/19/2015
Oh, yes, Hermione is more alive around Snape, and he around her; Cordelia already knows it and has her nose out of joint about it, because she's not fair, and Padma sees it now.

Of *course* they're not going to act on it.

Um, yeah.

Very good chapter, and I love how Hermione nailed St. Mungo's to the wall. Ha!
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 9/15/2015
Ah. So, Cordelia is perfectly happy with her lover, but doesn't want Snape to be happy at all. So like Theo! I do hope Severus wasn't stupid enough to take any stupid vows, though after his mother's experience, he wasn't likely to.

And the ring. Cordelia is p*ssy and Lance is helpful. I'll take Mr. Gaudy Robes any day.

Hmm. Could be about time to deep-six that Marriage Act, given its relative lack of success.
1,419 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »