Reviews for Denial
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 8/7
Oops. Snape is absolutely right (though he isn't admitting his own marriage is an example of people making a bargain to stay in Britain).

It could be worse, though-he could be married to Blaise Zabini's mother, and have to check his food and drink every day.

However, Hermione seems to marrying the only one left she can stand rather than making a clear choice about her life.
Your pro-life rhetoric is charming, as is your inability to see women as anything other than child-birthers. An interesting twist on the Marriage Law trope has petered out into a soap opera of OOC characters. I'm left finishing the story out of a sense of duty than anything else. You get points for analyzing the effects of such a Law though, and the unhappiness it creates
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 8/3
Is Theo gay? And Snape knows it? That could be quite a problem.

But then, Snape's marriage isn't that much. Separate sleeping arrangements, Cordelia leaves town to see a lover with a sad little lie, and what does Snape actually get out of it, besides a trophy wife to say good morning to him-when she's in town?

Could be he doesn't want Hermione to make the same mistake he did.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 8/1
Oops.

Well, at least Snape isn't condemned to an eternity of being around the Marauders and Lily (an apology from her for the way she treated him might have been nice, but didn't happen Because Gryffindor Is Always Right).

But he's way better off the way he is, even if the know-it-all drives him nuts.

Draco is a brat, but a cute one.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 7/27
Clearly, Hermione never read LORD OF THE RINGS, or she might have remembered 1) why it might be bad to wear a Horcrux; and 2) Frodo wasn't dead. But at least she used her head here (unlike in canon, where she couldn't remember that dittany worked on Harry's Nagini-bite).

But I do feel sorry for Neville and his love for Luna.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 7/25
Oh, dear, yes; the life-saving thing must rankle (though not as much in canon, when no one could be bothered to try. Bitter, moi?).

And with such small numbers the choices are few unless Hermione checks out other older, single pureblood males.

Definitely not Draco, though, since going back to Malfoy Manor would bring back unfortunate memories of Bella. Neville? Maybe (unless Hannah grabs him first).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/21
I think I vaguely recall this one, but it's been so long I don't mind re-reading it one bit.

And if Severus can't bring himself to let his wife see his scars, he doesn't really trust her not to recoil in horror from them.

Obviously, we know what is going to go on-but here's hoping Cordelia is civilized about it.
WhereforeArtThou chapter 34 . 7/20
Awww I loved this! I've never read Denial before, and I absolutely adored it. To be honest, I approached it with some reluctance, because I find most marriage law fics to be pretty contrived, and frankly I had a hard time getting through the first few chapters because the characters felt a bit OOC, especially Draco (I had a hard time accepting him as an eternally cheerful prankster when Deathly Hallows left off with him as a sniveling git who was obviously damaged by his upbringing, and I wish there was more detail about what had led to this complete 180, although I realize he was a minor character here. It was just odd to see such easy camraderie between him and Hermione at the house of unwed people, when the last time she had seen him he had nearly killed her and Harry and Ron in the Room of Requirement (well, him and his friends), been hugged by Voldy, and then ran off with his parents the morning after the Battle.) However, I pushed through because of all the awards mentioned in the story's summary, and after the first few chapters I began falling in love with your characters, particularly Lance. This was an incredibly light and sweet story, considering how dark it is possible to go with this pairing and everything they had individually been through, and it was written well. Yes, there were many doubts and tears and the miscarriage of course, but you paid far more detail to the pleasant things, and the ending is nothing short of idyllic. Please don't take "light and sweet" as derogatory; on the contrary, I'm genuinely complimenting you on writing such lightness BELIEVABLY, given, again, how much they'd been through. I think convincing us readers that Hermione and Severus both retained their ability to love with an open heart, despite the tragedies in their past, is nothing short of a miracle. Brava, my dear.

Also, I wanted to add that no one's writing is ever perfect; every time we write, and rewrite, and read excellent works, we keep improving over and over again, past what we originally considered our best, our limit. This can make us cringe when we look back at earlier stuff, but I think you should take pride in the leaps and bounds you continue to make, and the fact that you went back and took the time to edit such a long piece for us when it was clearly adequate in its original form for many reviewers to enjoy it, speaks very highly of you. In my case, I made a new account, and am too ashamed to link to the drivel I had written previously. But perhaps you've inspired me to return to it :)

Take care, and keep writing!

-Dominika (who is Czech and still wondering why you have a Czech translator xD)
Nerdgirl82 chapter 34 . 7/7
This is the first time I have ever reviewed a story by anyone. I wanted es you to know that I have loved it. The way the characters were so deaply developed. I felt their pain and joy as my own. Wonderful job. Thank you for sharing this story.
MaryBridi chapter 9 . 7/7
I'm on chapter 9, and I'm truly intrigued by how in the heavens are you going to turn this into a SS/HG... But so far, consider yourself with a fan.
WhiteViolet chapter 34 . 7/5
Hi!
I don't even know where to start with this... This story was really beautiful, and you are a fantastic writer. There were ups and downs hat kept me wanting to read and see how everything worked out. Not many fanfics have moved me like this one has (I was literally in tears at a few points). Thank you so much for sharing!
No offence, but I so dislike the inclusion of quotes, particularly long ones, at the beginning of every chapter of the story that I am reading. It is almost as bad as two paragraphs of author's notes at the beginning of every chapter. It is a nuisance to skip over to get to the good stuff and serves no purpose to the reader. It only serves as a self indulgence of the author, as if to say, look at me, aren't I smart to supply a relevant quote to this point of my story? Please, we read because you are a good writer, crafting an excellent and engaging tale, not because you a good quoter!
Simona Polle chapter 34 . 6/25
I dont know if i liked the last chapter, but all the rest was INCREDIBLE, really, all the character where well written and everything was coherent. I like that there was no bad guy here, because even Theo had his reasons to be what hi was, and to act how he acted.

Im really glad I found this story. Thanks for writting :)
Huggs from Chile.
EttiHun chapter 34 . 6/14
Hi little beloved!

I liked the hungarian translation of this story. I read that one first, and I read the original one.
That was a fantastic idea of yours, and I have to say, I'm a bit jealous of your writing style. I'm not surprised, that story won the awards.
Congratulation for your work!
mak5258 chapter 34 . 6/12