Reviews for The Phantom of New York
Anna chapter 5 . 8/21/2013
Raoul just got served... *GRINS*
emeraldphan chapter 5 . 8/21/2013
Not bad. I'll look over it properly later and let you know if there's anything you need to correct, but at the moment it's a fairly good chapter. It's ok to do a filler chapter now and again.
Interesting developments for Christine, being made the star of the show and meeting up with Raoul again.
Phanatic01 chapter 4 . 5/25/2013
Great chapter! And to answer your questions:

1) Well, for me, there isn't really a maximum amount of time. I mean, you can't blame the author for updating late because normally they have good reasons for doing so. (Take my on-going story for example, at the moment I am taking around one month to update each chapter!) But anyway, I guess my final answer is whenever the author is available to update.

2) What do I think of the characters? Hmm...:) Well let's start with the minor characters and work our way up:)
Andre and Firmin: good descriptions of two bumbling obedient idiots, lol. I don't think I have seen a fanfic or an adaptation where the managers are brave enough to completely defy Erik's wishes.
Meg and Madame Giry: I like that even though this is set in New York you have still made these two French and that is why I enjoyed the part where they were talking to each other in that language. Meg seems like her normal bubbly self, which I like, but I wonder how her presence (if) will alter the storyline later on. The same goes for Madame Giry.
Christine: her characterisation seems good so far. It's good to see that you have written her with lots of curiosity and innocence surrounding her - interesting approach, though, having her not taught by Erik...(yet?) Lol. I wonder how long it will be before her curiosity increases about this masked composer:)
Erik: And finally the man himself. I love that you have given him lots of control and power over the opera house, though not in ghost form. You can't have Erik without power, is what I say! I absolutely love that he was completely captivated by Christine's voice first rather than her looks; I always love fanfics that go about his obsession this way. And as for his emotions, well, what can I say? They are all over the place but that's a well written Erik for you!:)

3) My favourite part would definitely have to be the part where he excused himself just after he heard Christine sing for the first time. Great! ! !

4) The fop has not even said 10 whole sentences and already I hate him! Let's hope he is not too much of a burden in the foreseeable future otherwise he'd better keep his hand at the level of his eyes!

5) I would love to see Erik's need to possess and control Christine's voice develop and to see their work relationship develop also. I'm curious to know whether or not you will make Christine see Erik in the future as an angel or an unearthly being type guide rather than just a menacing boss.

Anyway, long review ahah, update soon!:)
TwoBeFree chapter 4 . 5/24/2013
I NEED MORE! :D ITS SOOO GOOD!
Angel's wings chapter 4 . 5/21/2013
Sorry I cut off my last review, I write them off of my phone/iPod thingy, so I have temporary dumb-finger-itis... Lol. ANYway: yes, an original/accurate twist. Love 'em! FAVE part: Erik/Christine performance/meeting. I LOVE E/C
4. Okay, so ME being the Erik-adoration president, I was dreading the Roaul situation. But I must say, it was rather amusing. Even for me. :) WELL DONE DU STAEM!
5. Next, umm, what if Erik realizes that he likes Christine a little more than he took in earlier? What if Erik knows Roaul and now hates his guts EVEN MORE now that he's 'taken a liking to' Christine... Hmm. Your story has many 'outrageous' endings! (in MY book, that's a good thing...:))
Did I answer all your questions? I hope... LOL so, yes. I adore your tale more than I love my OWN writing. (depending on who you are, that could really be saying something!) yes, I get narcissistic sarcasm from a lot of my friends, so it's hard to get away from it. LOL... Į am saying it as you are an astonishing authoress, and are a lot better than I could ever dare to DREAM of being... Sooooo, yeah... Well, I just realized that this is the longest review I've ever written, so I'll let you off. :) Take care, and hope to hear from you SOON...
-your humble servant,
AW
(yes thats erik's sign off :)) lol!
Angel's wings chapter 4 . 5/21/2013
Oh my good lord above! That was really, truly... Well, AWESOME! ;) okay, but before I gush, I should answer your questions for a start...

1. Okay, so me having nothing to do after about five every day, I'd say like, a week MAX... Again that's just me. I tend to go a little insane when my FAVE stories aren't updated... Yours being one of them... :). I have no idea what your life is like though so Im not gonna push it. :)
2. I love all the characters! They are very accurate, considering the challenge of converting it to a modern day scenario. :) but really, quite satisfied over here! :)
3. My FAVE part was probably when Erik met Christine for the 1st time. I just LUV those 2! :) (I'm an Erik lover/phanatic/phan
emeraldphan chapter 4 . 5/19/2013
Don't worry I'm still enjoying this! The maximum time for a story to be updated - that is a hard question, but I think it depends on how good the story it! Most people understand that writers have other commitments so don't worry about it too much.
I really like the characters and the nice friendship between Christine and Meg. Raoul's appearance is going to change things - Erik clearly doesn't think much of singers who are distracted by their personal life and if Raoul is going to be a distraction for Christine... oh dear... But it will bring out new aspect of them both so I'm looking forward it!
I also like the way that Erik isn't a voice behind a mirror but that he's met Christine and that he interacts to some extent with people instead of hiding away. That always gives you more possibilities in a story like this.
Looking forward to more!
newbornphanatic chapter 3 . 3/29/2013
ooooohhhh sounds like erik is crushing! anyway i'm going to have to say i read it and i like it! UPDATE SOON!
zoe chapter 3 . 3/20/2013
Wow that was great! Thanks so much, I'm really enjoying the story. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Phanatic01 chapter 3 . 3/19/2013
Yes, it was short. No, it wasn't bad. Yes, it was good:) I liked Erik and Christine's meeting and I hope that you'll continue to want to write this!:) update soon please.
Aguna chapter 3 . 3/18/2013
Interessting so far :)
Millin chapter 3 . 3/18/2013
Direct quotes annoy me, especially Think of Me, which has been used about 10,000 times! And yes, it was far too short!
emeraldphan chapter 3 . 3/18/2013
This isn't bad. You've set up the first meeting of Erik and Christine very well, with Erik being indifferent rather than infatuated straight away. There's also elements of the musical incorporated into the chapter, not just with Think of Me but the idea of Christine taking someone's place and doing it successfully. Not bad at all.
TheWitheredRose chapter 2 . 2/18/2013
I'm excited to see what will become of this story. I like the modern twist. Please do keep writing!
emeraldphan chapter 2 . 2/18/2013
Another good chapter! You've continued to set the scene really well, with nice insights into Erik's perfectionism and the friendship between Christine and Meg. A funny and light hearted chapter, despite Erik, but things could change of course...
And thank you for reading my story!