Reviews for Vigilance in Suburbia
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Liked this a lot. Indeed, a PURRfectly funny story, although, no KITTEN, I was worried that it would be a CAtastrophe. I take my stories very seriously, after all. Especially enjoyed the absurdity of the scene with the neighbor though I expect nothing much will come of it - Lee and Amanda have NINE LIVES when it comes to keeping their Agency life secret. Just keep that CATTY Francine out of the picture:)
resourceful chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Thanks for a good laugh. You did a great job with many of your visuals, especially a groggy and disoriented Lee waking up in a strange house. I always wondered what Lee did with Amanda's Tongs. This scene was beyond my wildest ideas.
adare1 chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
What a treat! A funny story that was perfectly in character. Great job!
MeriSalope chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Dear 'CatLover',

Words cannot express how truly repugnant I find your actions & words. The mere fact you chose to not sign into your account & leave a review under your name tells me volumes about your personality as a whole. At no point in this tale anywhere does there involve the abuse of a feline, but rather the use of a very antique phrase which has been part of the English language for better than a century. (Do your research, trust me... I did).

I had a whole rant worked up in my head, and in the box, and promptly lost it when FF.N refused to allow me to post twice as 'me'. Having to go through the rigamarole of signing out calmed me down enough to see the humor of your actions. This proverb and the subsequent appearance of a cat was so offensive to you that not only did you fail to finish the tale, but also felt compelled to rave about it? Seriously? Eleven words out of 3,329?

All I can say is someone needs to discover a life. And, I'm typing this around my rescue cat who, dare I say, best not 'cross your path' as she's black.

bluewire213 chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Great story! Thanks for the laugh! Hope you post more stories soon.

I agree with WasWoksa, Flames are in very poor taste.
WasWoksa chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
#1. Nice little vignette, Mrs. V. I enjoyed it. Now pardon me while I mini-rant.

#2. For those who may be uninformed, a character's expressed thoughts don't necessarily express the personal opinions of the writer, otherwise all our characters would be nothing more than shades of ourselves. Pretty dull.

#3. What one of us values, another may not. That's part of the human condition, and we deal with it patiently every day until we die if we want to live in peace with one another.

#4. Flames are in poor taste and frankly, ruin the joy of sharing one's fiction with others.

p.s. I own 3 cats, and I am not offended. ;)
Cat Lover chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Totally offensive:

"There is more than one way to skin a cat."

I hate that expression with a passion. I don't care if it IS "just" an expression, it's offensive.

And this:

"Cats. Stupid animals."

Is this you injecting your hatred of cats into this story? I won't even finish reading this because of this totally ignorant, hateful two sentences.

Cat haters. Stupid people.
lookoutwife chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Yeah! So glad to see you finally posted this little gem. This story is hysterical. Keep writing!
Ardeliah chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
I like this! I always wondered why he had her tongs.
MKM1963 chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Thoroughly enjoyed. You made me laugh and did an excellent job describing what was going on. Felt like I was right there in the kitchen watching.
MeriSalope chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
thanks for the lovely laugh... really needed it after a long depressing day. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I really liked this!
Laura chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Good story.
LaCorelli chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
That was fun. Lee's reflections on the suburbs seemed so in character, and I really liked all the maneuvering trying to get that piece of paper. And Amanda going out the front door in her night gown. Very enjoyable all round.
Scooplet chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Loved your take on the tongs side story. Well done! Lee, Amanda, and even Mrs. Gilstrap were in character, very believable. A fun read.