Reviews for That Lingering, Sentimental Hope
Nanenna chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
How wonderful and beautiful this was.
Mooniecat chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
I really enjoyed this story. On your A/N- sure, boats here now tend be thought of as "she" but Aria was based on the female undine gondoliers so it would might be a result of genderization set to opposites. Also possibly built in it may be the culture view of men taking care of their female co workers (a situation I dealt with working in Korea where the older Korean men I worked with tried to take a more paternal role especially Hollywood whom I suspect kinda thought of me as a willful granddaughter. I gather from watching anime that it seems to hold true more or less for the Japanese) which would account for Akari seeing the grandfatherly spirit of the gondola. Finally I really like how you incorporated the quirks of mysterious happenstances that happened around Akari. In fact it tends to make the story more interesting to me in that respect. Thank you for writing this.
EAnIL chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Thank you for sharing this sentimental piece. And thank you for making a fic on this fandom.

Say if you have time can you do a Arika/Alice piece on Alice pov. And if your willing can you do a crossover fic where Lillet and Amoretta ride a vongola(?) tour with Arika showing them.

Well looking foeward for more of your works.
litokid-2 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
You're writing for ARIA. YOU'RE WRITING FOR ARIA.

You just made my day. I've come to expect quality writing from you, and ARIA is without a doubt my favourite series of all time - and I don't say that lightly. There's something about that sense of wonder it instills, and while I've always wanted to start dabbling in writing for its poor, beleaguered section's sake I've been intimidated by how hard it is - the basis of a story is conflict, and the conflict in ARIA is rarely much of one...

But you've done it here - I get that sense of slow, sappy wonder, and with a bit character from canon that most of us never thought twice about. And grown-up Akari is my unabashed fanboy's favourite character hands-down. Thank you for making my day.

That said, just gushing doesn't help much, even if I'm really that happy. To that end, I'll say that the ending feels a bit off - like it's left hanging. Probably because Antonio's trailing off in the middle of a thought? I'm not sure if that's your intention though, and I've less writing experience in any case. But personally I would've preferred it ending on a paragraph instead of a line of dialogue, describing his wondering in 3rd-person rather than having him say it in 1st-.

That's just nitpicking though. And much as I hate to be one of the screaming masses, please do write more for ARIA.